Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Bobcats Forum

Charlotte Bobcats Forum Charlotte Bobcats message board - charlotte bobcats fan forum

Old 12-15-2009, 04:14 PM   #1
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Default Knicks @ Bobcats, 12/15/09

N.Y. Knicks @ Charlotte Bobcats
12/15/09, 7:00 p.m.
Time-Warner Cable Arena

Season Record Vs Knicks: 1-0

Sorry about the lack of graphics, my computer is doing crazy things today.

Key Matchup: Al Harrington vs. Gerald Wallace. Harrington is playing off the hizzle and a big reason the Knicks are coming in here on a 4 game winning streak.

Look for yours truly. I sit 15 rows diagonally behind MJ on the aisle.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 07:04 PM   #2
bballer
Orioles/Tarheels

Default Re: Knicks @ Bobcats, 12/15/09

cats should be able to end their win streak.
bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 07:49 PM   #3
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

What the heck is going on with Diaw. 3 fouls only three minutes in to the 2nd quarter. His play just hasn't been the same since Raja was traded. Is that a coincidence?

Well, he redeemed himself.

Last edited by onewickedlady : 12-15-2009 at 11:24 PM.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:25 PM   #4
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!

felton is so unbelievably clutch
Quizno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:32 PM   #5
acidbasesalt
Coward Saviour

wow Augustin really sucked...11min and 1 foul, nothing more, not even shot attempts...
acidbasesalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:15 PM   #6
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Just back from a joyous train ride home. Great win for the cats.

Positives: Crash continues his great season, Felts is playing like a 7 mil guy, Chandler had another decent game, strong bench play from Nazr, SJax plays cool under pressure, a nice enthusiastic home crowd.

Negatives: Boris and DJ. I just don't get what is up with these guys. Boris had some decent moves in the 4th, but his season overall has been a puzzler. And DJ is on drugs. That's the only explanation.

Despite the negative I was proud of our team for gutting out a come-from-behind win against a hot team. These are the kinds of wins that count when Feb-March comes around.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:54 PM   #7
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!

damn rufus, i'm so jealous of you being able to attend these games!

such a sweet win, i thought we were done when the knicks had that 86-80 lead with 2:30 left
Quizno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 11:25 PM   #8
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

We HAD to win this game.............................
Old 12-15-2009, 11:57 PM   #9
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

8th place
Bobcat4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 12:19 AM   #10
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat4Ever
8th place

Cats won just so you'd start your vacation on a good note. :
Old 12-16-2009, 07:32 AM   #11
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quizno
damn rufus, i'm so jealous of you being able to attend these games!

such a sweet win, i thought we were done when the knicks had that 86-80 lead with 2:30 left

At my age any chance to get out of the house is a good night. The best part of this season so far is our new found home court advantage. Now if we could just steal a few on the road.

The guys on sports radio this morning were talking up a possible trade that would send Boris and DJ to the Knicks for David Lee. Not gonna happen but that would be a pretty good deal for the cats.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:45 AM   #12
MikeUK
Decent playground baller

Everyone wants Lee but would he resign with us after this season? After the couple of superstars sign somewhere next offseason there's going to be alot of teams who missed out who have lots of cap to spend. Lee (and the likes of Felton) is going to be one of the top 'other' players who'll get well over mid level deals and have a choice of where they go play for an inflated price (why Felton won't sign till end of the season). I'd love Lee to come here but not sure I can see it happening. The next few months, expiring deals are going to have massive value in any trade and Felton is the only one we have (and isn't a good example as his value is surely higher than a 5.5mil expiring contract much like Lee's situation as opposed to a poor player on a big deal). I can't see how we're going to pull another realisticly fair big trade but then I'm not a GM.

Some team can take Eddy Curry's or Jared Jefferies' extra year off New York to entice them into moving Lee for some expirings but we don't have the contracts to do that and Lee could leave in summer. I can't see Lee or Felton being convinced to resign and traded or basically being involved in any form of trade until the summer since they'd loose out on alot of money and choice. Think we'll have to look elsewhere, the Diaw stuff is mainly because of their coach being a fan and who knows maybe it's something to look at next season but New York's situation is majorly messed up at the mo because they're in full contract dump mode.

I reckon Odom's expendable now that the Lakers have Artest plus a fit Bynum and Gasol. 3 years at a little over 8 per is reasonable but they'd likely want to invest the money in a guard and seem to have 4 positions locked up just needing a point. I think he'd be the type of PF Coach wanted Diaw to be. True we might have to loose Felton to make it happen or else involve a third team. Would create a problem at PG but if Felton's likely to go elsewhere at the end of this season anyway, we'd solve one problem long term rather than having two issues at the end of the season.

Last edited by MikeUK : 12-16-2009 at 12:00 PM.
MikeUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 03:58 AM   #13
RoTM
Local High School Star

Isn't the idea of trading for a guys expiring contract instead of waiting and getting him in the off season, to acquire his bird rights so he can get the extra year and thus more money. Which is why such a trade is desirable for both parties?

Regardless if D.J and Diaw are moved I think the real target will be Harrington with the Knicks desiring to keep Lee themselves. I'm thinking the Knicks will want to drop Nate on the Bobcats as well whom LB will surely love.
RoTM is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: