Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-09-2011, 08:44 PM   #1
G-Funk
Palm Trees & Gangsters

Default Kobe talks about the Heat, is he right?

I don’t think people understand how difficult it would be for the Lakers to reach four straight NBA Finals. They don’t understand how hard it is to stay that focused and motivated.

The reason the Lakers have stay on course is Kobe Bryant’s obsession over collecting rings. He isn’t worried about being an Icon and taking photos at the club, his singular focus is to win titles.

His legacy is secure, but that isn’t good enough for him, he is going for something greater, something bigger. He wants to be on the Mount Rushmore of the NBA, he is close, but not quite there yet, one more ring gets it done.

He knows that and he is going down guns blazing.

The Heat and the Lakers are pretty different in a few ways, one more physical and one more mental.

Bryant provided alternate explanations, as well.

“I think the difference between us is we all know what our roles are,” he continued. “Everything is cemented for us, and they are still trying to figure that out, which makes it a little tougher … What (LeBron James and Dwyane Wade) do in essence in their careers is pretty much the same thing, so it’s just trying to figure out how to adjust.”

A reporter followed up with a question about how the Heat have been discussing their attempts at getting used to the bull’s-eye with which Bryant and the Lakers have dealt for several years now.

“I don’t know,” he concluded. “I’m still trying to kill people*.”

If you read this site frequently, you know that I believe that NBA teams need serial killers to win titles.

That is the differences between the Vince Carters of the world and the Kobe Bryants.

This is not about making friends, this is about being an assassin and getting the job done. One thing people are critical of Kobe is his leadership, but one thing they may overlook is that while he may not be universally loved by his teammates he forces them to be tough.

When you are talking about Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom that isn’t an easy task. When Bryant’s career is over I think he will be appreciated more, but he doesn’t care about reflection right now, just getting his Jack Bauer on.
G-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:47 PM   #2
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Default Re: Kobe talks about the Heat, is he right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Funk
[b][I]“I think the difference between us is we all know what our roles are,” he continued. “Everything is cemented for us, and they are still trying to figure that out, which makes it a little tougher … What (LeBron James and Dwyane Wade) do in essence in their careers is pretty much the same thing, so it’s just trying to figure out how to adjust.”

He finally admits he's the chucker of the team
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:48 PM   #3
KenneBell
What set you claim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper

He always says he's going to take the most shots.
KenneBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:50 PM   #4
griffmoney1784
Banned

kobe just said what ive been saying

lebron and wade do the same things. and only 1 guy can do those things at a time. so its like they are one player instead of 2... since the other guy without the ball just stands on the other side of the floor doing nothing

theyre basically playing 4 on 5 every time both guys are in the game
griffmoney1784 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:56 PM   #5
Glide2keva
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
He's the best screr, so he should take the most shots.
Glide2keva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:37 PM   #6
G-Funk
Palm Trees & Gangsters

Quote:
last 1 to be talking should be a Jordan fan
G-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:50 PM   #7
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Quote:
last 1 to be talking should be a Jordan fan

pwned
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:02 PM   #8
NBASTATMAN
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
I don’t think people understand how difficult it would be for the Lakers to reach four straight NBA Finals. They don’t understand how hard it is to stay that focused and motivated.

The reason the Lakers have stay on course is Kobe Bryant’s obsession over collecting rings. He isn’t worried about being an Icon and taking photos at the club, his singular focus is to win titles.

His legacy is secure, but that isn’t good enough for him, he is going for something greater, something bigger. He wants to be on the Mount Rushmore of the NBA, he is close, but not quite there yet, one more ring gets it done.

He knows that and he is going down guns blazing.

The Heat and the Lakers are pretty different in a few ways, one more physical and one more mental.

Bryant provided alternate explanations, as well.

“I think the difference between us is we all know what our roles are,” he continued. “Everything is cemented for us, and they are still trying to figure that out, which makes it a little tougher … What (LeBron James and Dwyane Wade) do in essence in their careers is pretty much the same thing, so it’s just trying to figure out how to adjust.”

A reporter followed up with a question about how the Heat have been discussing their attempts at getting used to the bull’s-eye with which Bryant and the Lakers have dealt for several years now.

“I don’t know,” he concluded. “I’m still trying to kill people*.”

If you read this site frequently, you know that I believe that NBA teams need serial killers to win titles.

That is the differences between the Vince Carters of the world and the Kobe Bryants.

This is not about making friends, this is about being an assassin and getting the job done. One thing people are critical of Kobe is his leadership, but one thing they may overlook is that while he may not be universally loved by his teammates he forces them to be tough.

When you are talking about Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom that isn’t an easy task. When Bryant’s career is over I think he will be appreciated more, but he doesn’t care about reflection right now, just getting his Jack Bauer on.

While I would agree that VC and Kobe differ in that eye of the tiger sense.. They have also differed cuz Vince never played under the great Phil Jackson.. Or with the lineups that Kobe has played with... Not saying he would have won as many titles as kobe.. But I am sure he would have won with Shaq... But unlike KObe he would have been happy with one or two...

NOT KOBE..
NBASTATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:08 PM   #9
jstern
Good college starter

Kobe pretty much says what everyone here says about the Heat. Pretty much everyone.
jstern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:17 PM   #10
BDTowerH
Can barely lace up my sneakers

No one really says anything different about the Heat.
BDTowerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:23 PM   #11
Heat007
Unguardable

Heat007 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: