Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Default Re: Any NHL fans? Teach me hockey.

Having been paying attention to hockey lately, but how are the Detroit Red Wings doing this year? Who are the best players on that team? How are they looking so far this season and what are their expectations?

Another question, are there currently any active black players in the NHL? If so, please send me an ESPN link.

Quote Originally Posted by Eat Like A Bosh
    Having been paying attention to hockey lately, but how are the Detroit Red Wings doing this year? Who are the best players on that team? How are they looking so far this season and what are their expectations?

Another question, are there currently any active black players in the NHL? If so, please send me an ESPN link.
    Lots of black and mixed players in the NHL, most notably Wayne Simmonds, P.K. Subban, Evander Kane and Jarome Iginla

Here's a complete list

The Red Wings have started out OK, they're 3-2-1 so far. Their best player's are Pavel Datsyuk (One of the best players in the world) and Henrik Zetterberg.
    Last edited by irondarts; 01-31-2013 at 07:49 PM.

NBA rookie of the year Styles p's Avatar

i learned all the rules playing a the nhl video games. i didn't start getting into hockey till last season but i'm hooked now already been to 2 flyers games this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Styles p
    i learned all the rules playing a the nhl video games. i didn't start getting into hockey till last season but i'm hooked now already been to 2 flyers games this season.
    I love our team. Slow start but I think we'll get it back. Anything can happen in a shortened season. Although Pronger is probably done for his career and Hartnell being out for 2 months is going to hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    I love our team. Slow start but I think we'll get it back. Anything can happen in a shortened season. Although Pronger is probably done for his career and Hartnell being out for 2 months is going to hurt.
    yeah something must be wrong with giroux he hasn't looked to sharp. they're putting briere in the first line so hopefully that brings a spark to the offense. honestly our best player has been bryz who woulda thunk?

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    and isn't there a amnesty thing in the new deal? why don't they just amnesty pronger i highly doubt he'll ever play again.

Da Mavs

Hawks are 6-0-1, loving watching them. They play Vancouver tomorrow night, I'm glad the streams I'm using are working great.

We play the Sharks 3 times in the next 2 weeks, will be interesting to see!

Da Mavs

First NHL avatar

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Avalanche actually looked like a capable team tonight, well in the 3rd period atleast. John Mitchell and Pap have been big pickups so far. Had expectations for P.A because he was going to be playing with Duchene but Mitchell with 4 goals already looking good, had like 5 all of last year.

Da Mavs

Damn, just saw Hawks beat Flames 3-2. Hossa scored with 2 seconds left in the 3rd period! Then Kane sealed it in the shootout. Freaking love it.

Watching some Hockey trying to get into it.Watched the Sharks 3rd period and OT there going into overtime.

Exciting stuff

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    Damn, just saw Hawks beat Flames 3-2. Hossa scored with 2 seconds left in the 3rd period! Then Kane sealed it in the shootout. Freaking love it.
    Glad to see you enjoying the sport!

Da Mavs

Quote Originally Posted by Bcogswell
    Glad to see you enjoying the sport!

Thanks, bro. I love that it's so much more fast paced than even basketball or football on offense. Everything happens fast and it's tense. Not to mention the game can change fast. Like, I can't believe Hossa scored with 2 seconds left after the Flames had just scored with 30 seconds left!

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose

Thanks, bro. I love that it's so much more fast paced than even basketball or football on offense. Everything happens fast and it's tense. Not to mention the game can change fast. Like, I can't believe Hossa scored with 2 seconds left after the Flames had just scored with 30 seconds left!
    Its such an intense and unpredictable game. You will find yourself watching games and just cringing every time a certain player on the other team touches the puck. While even the misses/saves can be just as exciting as the goal itself.

Definitely a great exciting sport!

LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Spezza out til April talk about BUZZ KILL.

Turris is achieving his potential now though.