Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > San Antonio Spurs Forum

San Antonio Spurs Forum San Antonio Spurs message board - San Antonio Spurs forum

Old 05-16-2008, 02:15 PM   #1
Domingo84
I airball my layups

Domingo84 has decent reputation
Default Horry Delivers Cheap Shot?!

Horry Gave Another Cheap Shot To Hornets Player David West To His Lower Back For No Reason! Why Did He Need To Set A Back Screen While West Was Jumping In The Air! This Is The 2nd Straight Year This No Talented Player Does A Cheap Shot! This Can Change The Series If West Doesnt Come Back Healthy For Game 7! It Change The Phoenix Series Last Year When Horry Knocked Nash Towards The Scorers Table And Had Amare And Diaw Suspended!
Domingo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 02:45 PM   #2
PCB Spurs Fan
I brick open layups

PCB Spurs Fan has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Horry Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domingo84
Horry Gave Another Cheap Shot To Hornets Player David West To His Lower Back For No Reason! Why Did He Need To Set A Back Screen While West Was Jumping In The Air! This Is The 2nd Straight Year This No Talented Player Does A Cheap Shot! This Can Change The Series If West Doesnt Come Back Healthy For Game 7! It Change The Phoenix Series Last Year When Horry Knocked Nash Towards The Scorers Table And Had Amare And Diaw Suspended!

There really isn't anything to defend when it comes to Horry's play, all he did was set a screen against an injured player that shouldn't have been on the court...Funny how I don't see you complaining about Chandler's screen (and subsequent kick) on Parker in Game 5.....Horry was set long before West jumped - hard foul but a perfectly legal pick. Wests teammates failed him by not warning him that he was running into a pick. BS that Horry could predict that West was going to jump. But if it helps you sleep better at night then keep on believing that......

Last edited by PCB Spurs Fan : 05-16-2008 at 02:51 PM.
PCB Spurs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 04:54 PM   #3
TMT
#1 Spurs Fan

TMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domingo84

1. There's no need to capitalize every word in a paragraph. It makes it annoying as hell to read.
2. The player you say "sucks" happens to one of the best clutch playoffs shooters in the history of the game and happens to have 7 rings. Wouldn't be my definition of a player who "sucks".
3. He was setting a back screen on David West because it looked as if Manu Ginobili was going to make a move toward the basket and was attempting to make a clear lane for him. Instead he pulled back faked a jumper and attempted a cross court pass that was deflected before Horry was called for the offensive foul.

It obviously meant no harm. If the screen had been set on any other of the Hornet players they would have been fine. West just has back problems and happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. This is the NBA, are players not supposed to be hard whether it be a working hard for a good shot or setting a hard screen? I guess not considering your little argument.

Quote:
Funny how I don't see you complaining about Chandler's screen (and subsequent kick) on Parker in Game 5.....Horry was set long before West jumped - hard foul but a perfectly legal pick. Wests teammates failed him by not warning him that he was running into a pick. BS that Horry could predict that West was going to jump. But if it helps you sleep better at night then keep on believing that......

Last edited by TMT : 05-16-2008 at 04:56 PM.
TMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 11:21 PM   #4
ThyGreatOne
Decent playground baller

ThyGreatOne has decent reputation

feel free to read the article, if you wish, i will highlight the bestter lines from it (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba)

Byron Scott tugged out his iPod’s ear piece and considered the possibility that Robert Horry had turned into Cheap Shot Bob again.

The old man of these San Antonio Spurs had delivered a dubious blow to the bad back of the Hornets’ David West

no one could convince Scott that West wasn’t a victim of a desperate shot by a desperate champion.

He had a chance to hit West, hit him hard and what were the odds that Horry was going to pass on it?

Horry had a clear shot at the Hornet most responsible for pushing San Antonio to the brink in Game 5, and damn straight that Horry leaned into that screen and made sure the world watched West stagger to the locker room.

Horry stiffened his arms and leaned into the small of West’s back. it was cunning and cold-hearted

As for ill intentions of the play, when asked if it was intentional, Tyson Chandler said, “I wouldn’t doubt it.”

Just a year ago, Horry’s hip-check on Steve Nash triggered a reaction that cost the Phoenix Suns’ Amare Stoudemire and Boris Diaw suspensions

Scott said: Horry knew what he was doing. He knew whom he was hitting and where he was hitting him.
ThyGreatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 12:43 AM   #5
ScolaFan
Spurs Forum Moderator

ScolaFan has decent reputationScolaFan has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThyGreatOne
Scott said: Horry knew what he was doing. He knew whom he was hitting and where he was hitting him.

Horry is not that smart...
ScolaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 08:21 AM   #6
PCB Spurs Fan
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThyGreatOne
feel free to read the article, if you wish, i will highlight the bestter lines from it (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba)

Byron Scott tugged out his iPod’s ear piece and considered the possibility that Robert Horry had turned into Cheap Shot Bob again.

The old man of these San Antonio Spurs had delivered a dubious blow to the bad back of the Hornets’ David West

no one could convince Scott that West wasn’t a victim of a desperate shot by a desperate champion.

He had a chance to hit West, hit him hard and what were the odds that Horry was going to pass on it?

Horry had a clear shot at the Hornet most responsible for pushing San Antonio to the brink in Game 5, and damn straight that Horry leaned into that screen and made sure the world watched West stagger to the locker room.

Horry stiffened his arms and leaned into the small of West’s back. it was cunning and cold-hearted

As for ill intentions of the play, when asked if it was intentional, Tyson Chandler said, “I wouldn’t doubt it.”

Just a year ago, Horry’s hip-check on Steve Nash triggered a reaction that cost the Phoenix Suns’ Amare Stoudemire and Boris Diaw suspensions

And here's what West had to say about it:

“It was almost like when you see that blindside of a quarterback,” West said. “He just caught me really clean, and my guard was down, because I didn’t know anybody was behind me.”

So now West is a liar? I mean the play was on him I think he would know better than anyone! And his teammates should have being warning him that he was going into a screen.

Last edited by PCB Spurs Fan : 05-17-2008 at 08:31 AM.
Old 05-17-2008, 10:04 PM   #7
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Horry Delivers Cheap Shot?!

Why would you capitalize the first letter of every word?!?! My brain hurts
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 11:22 PM   #8
ScolaFan
Spurs Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeylessEntry

Old 05-17-2008, 11:22 PM   #9
PCB Spurs Fan
I brick open layups

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/b...k.36047ee.html

Spurs notebook: NBA review doesn't find problem with Horry's foul on Hornets' West
By Mike Monroe and Mike Finger

The NBA's basketball operations staff determined during a review Friday that Robert Horry's foul on David West in the fourth quarter of the Spurs' Game 6 victory over the New Orleans Hornets was routine.
Old 05-17-2008, 11:24 PM   #10
PCB Spurs Fan
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeylessEntry

One of the trolls does this too and I'm trying to remember who it is, but the user name wasn't what he is using.....I just can't remember who it was!
Old 05-17-2008, 11:46 PM   #11
ScolaFan
Spurs Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCB Spurs Fan
One of the trolls does this too and I'm trying to remember who it is, but the user name wasn't what he is using.....I just can't remember who it was!

OP - Suns fan.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: