Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 05-03-2008, 08:20 PM   #1
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far
Default kirk hinrich

does anyone else see kirk hinrich as the perfect point gaurd for this team?

we need a true point gaurd to lead this team

hinrich and melo complemented each other perfectly the year they played together on team usa

i also believe that the image problem is real- nugs get more negative treatment from the refs than any team in the league- without worrying about being politicaly correct, would a white american at pg improve the nugs image to the refs???

i believe that iverson being traded could dramatically help the teamwork aspect- but with or without ai i believe hinrich would be the perfect pg- who is your ideal point gaurd to bring to denver?

perfect solution to me at the point is to bring in hinrich and move up in the draft to select russel westbrook to be hinrichs understudy
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 10:28 PM   #2
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: kirk hinrich

I was disappointed with Kirk Hinrich this season but I do think he can bounce back under the right coach. Under Scott Skiles, he had 3 pretty good seasons. I'd hate to see him go since he's been on the Bulls the longest out of any player right now but for the right player(s) I'd trade him.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 11:54 PM   #3
LXIX
Can barely lace up my sneakers

LXIX has an OK reputation so far

Hinrich is a very good point guard but I fear he will be spendy and I think a better 3 point shooter would be appropriate.

I am totally pulling for Jose Calderon. I know that I am risking a lot on a young PG but damn, the dude averaged over 8 assists per game with around 30 minutes per game.

Look at the 3 point average, He would make a double team on Melo tough because you can kick it back to Jose for a quick triple.

I worry about his D, but he is over 6'3" and allows us to start a better defender and not lose size. I think that LK would be a great tandem in the back court with Jose.

I think if you get Hinrich or Jose you need to move AI, it is tough for a point guard to do his thing if he doesn't have the ball in his hands. I live AI and that warrior spirit, but it would be tough to start Hinrich or Calderon with a sub 6' SG.

You don't like the D now, just wait if AI is allowed to start with one of these guys.

-Matt
LXIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 04:54 AM   #4
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LXIX
Hinrich is a very good point guard but I fear he will be spendy and I think a better 3 point shooter would be appropriate.

I am totally pulling for Jose Calderon. I know that I am risking a lot on a young PG but damn, the dude averaged over 8 assists per game with around 30 minutes per game.

Look at the 3 point average, He would make a double team on Melo tough because you can kick it back to Jose for a quick triple.

I worry about his D, but he is over 6'3" and allows us to start a better defender and not lose size. I think that LK would be a great tandem in the back court with Jose.

I think if you get Hinrich or Jose you need to move AI, it is tough for a point guard to do his thing if he doesn't have the ball in his hands. I live AI and that warrior spirit, but it would be tough to start Hinrich or Calderon with a sub 6' SG.

You don't like the D now, just wait if AI is allowed to start with one of these guys.

-Matt

i cant hate on your choice of calderon as the perfect fit at pg for the nugs- i really thought hard about choosing him as my ideal pg also

but i actually disagree that calderon would be easier to aquire than hinrich- im sure im underestimating hinrichs current value, but i believe that calderon's stock is through the roof right now and that the raptors just flat out wont let him go for anything other than a great package of players- i believe the blazers would again be willing to put a great package on the table that we could only best by including ATLEAST klieza or jr with camby-

hinrich on the other hand would seem to me to be at the lowest value he as ever been, even being chicagos most valued player on the trade market i believe the bulls might have to move hinrich if they were to want to overhaul their roster-

i love where your head is at on the pg spot with calderon i just have to still believe he would be much harder to aquire than hinrich

calderon would maybe be better than hinrich in the fast break game- i just still believe that hinrich would have the edge on defense and possibly with intangibles- i feel either would be perect and would help the TEAMWORK aspect, but am keeping hinrich on the top of my wishlist-

thank you so much for your post and i hope one of our plans come through- i think you "get it"

ps- if all else fails we need russel westbrook and we have a future that looks bright still
Old 05-05-2008, 02:17 PM   #5
paguy1955
High School Starter

paguy1955 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainOwlClub
i cant hate on your choice of calderon as the perfect fit at pg for the nugs- i really thought hard about choosing him as my ideal pg also

but i actually disagree that calderon would be easier to aquire than hinrich- im sure im underestimating hinrichs current value, but i believe that calderon's stock is through the roof right now and that the raptors just flat out wont let him go for anything other than a great package of players- i believe the blazers would again be willing to put a great package on the table that we could only best by including ATLEAST klieza or jr with camby-

hinrich on the other hand would seem to me to be at the lowest value he as ever been, even being chicagos most valued player on the trade market i believe the bulls might have to move hinrich if they were to want to overhaul their roster-

i love where your head is at on the pg spot with calderon i just have to still believe he would be much harder to aquire than hinrich

calderon would maybe be better than hinrich in the fast break game- i just still believe that hinrich would have the edge on defense and possibly with intangibles- i feel either would be perect and would help the TEAMWORK aspect, but am keeping hinrich on the top of my wishlist-

thank you so much for your post and i hope one of our plans come through- i think you "get it"

ps- if all else fails we need russel westbrook and we have a future that looks bright still

Let's see 20th pick in this years draft....Do YOU believe he will last that long?
paguy1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 04:26 PM   #6
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

Mile High Crew has an OK reputation so far

Kirk Hinrich is a great player, I liked the way he played since he played with the Kansas Jayhawks, but I feel that Jose Calderon would be a better fit. The Toronto Raptors may do whatever it takes to keep him, but don't forget about what T.J. Ford said about not liking the fact that he has to share time with Calderon during the playoffs. I think that is what the Raptors are seperated by, in wanting two great point guard's, but one has to go and it may be Calderon.
Mile High Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 12:46 AM   #7
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

the draft lottery only seems to help the chance of point gaurds to poentially try to trade for? will hinrich now be more "getable" ( i also love ben gordon) - but another 2 possible gaurds that could now be dealt is earl watson or ridnour- sonice take bayless and trade one or both of them?

would a s&t of yakouba diawara & 2 1sts for ridnour & 1 2nd be anywhere near realistic- or can yakouba not be signed & traded by the draft- najera to oklahoma
Old 05-21-2008, 05:24 PM   #8
ILLEFEX
Serious playground baller

ILLEFEX has an OK reputation so far

i am a big fan of hinrich and of course, i don't wanna see him leave chicago.....but, if the bulls go with rose.....most likely, he's gonna get moved and a trade with the nugz wouldn't be a bad idea......question is, who are you guys willing to give up? you know we need that low post scorer........
ILLEFEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 01:23 PM   #9
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

do you guys see any chance that the trade exemption is headed to chicago for hinrich? what would have to be added? 2 1sts? taurean green? atkins? s&t diawara? they would probobly want the charlotte pick right?

this horrible offseason could imo be saved by a trade for hinrich & one more follow up move to add another big or 2

how far would you go to make this deal?

hinrich might be the perfect person to get karl to TRY communicating- if nothing else id assume that karl would talk to hinrich and hinrich could talk to carmelo & jr- basically i see hinrich as the answer at pg and at coach
Old 07-23-2008, 04:46 PM   #10
paguy1955
High School Starter

paguy1955 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainOwlClub
do you guys see any chance that the trade exemption is headed to chicago for hinrich? what would have to be added? 2 1sts? taurean green? atkins? s&t diawara? they would probobly want the charlotte pick right?

this horrible offseason could imo be saved by a trade for hinrich & one more follow up move to add another big or 2

how far would you go to make this deal?

hinrich might be the perfect person to get karl to TRY communicating- if nothing else id assume that karl would talk to hinrich and hinrich could talk to carmelo & jr- basically i see hinrich as the answer at pg and at coach

You don't understand if the use the exception this year they will be in the same position as they were BEFORE they traded Camby...
paguy1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 07:46 PM   #11
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

OneMoreSucka has an OK reputation so far

Maybe they'll throw a curveball and and do just that...
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: