Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Domestic Violence is bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    You're kinda glancing past the point. It's that women, even as fully functional adults, are allowed to get away with certain things...because they're women. There's no other reason other than the fact that they're filled with estrogen.

If a guy swings on another guy and gets knocked out, he's an idiot and deserved it

If a woman swings on a guy and gets knocked out, he's an idiot and deserved it, and she's a victim.
    Are you a child? You are unaware men and women are different? Is this a ****ing joke? Are you aware woman have babies come out of them and men do not? Are you aware men generally are bigger and stronger than women? Do you think men and women are 100% the same?

I have a wife, and we are not equal. I am a man, and she is a woman, and the relationship has definite rules (unwritten) based on that. Welcome to life.

MEN AND WOMEN ARE TREATED DIFFERENTLY. Yeah, thank god.

NBA All-star

Quote Originally Posted by D-FENS
    I whole lot of idiocy in this thread. Ray Rice spat on his gf, took some very small elbows or slaps back and punched her out. End of story. The guy is a pig, and anyone that supports any sort of domestic violence either way is a pig. Domestic violence is never ok.
    its certainly a path that ought to be avoided when trying to settle an issue

as much as domestic terrorism

NBA All-star

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Are you a child? You are unaware men and women are different? Is this a ****ing joke? Are you aware woman have babies come out of them and men do not? Are you aware men generally are bigger and stronger than women? Do you think men and women are 100% the same?

I have a wife, and we are not equal. I am a man, and she is a woman, and the relationship has definite rules (unwritten) based on that. Welcome to life.

MEN AND WOMEN ARE TREATED DIFFERENTLY. Yeah, thank god.

lets just say that there are two roles in a relationship

that's not really such a hard concept to understand is it?

because talking to a friend, and a friend will say "it is because..."
    talking to a relationship counselor/guidance, and it starts with "do you want to be happy or not"

It doesn't work that way in life because you still will wind up in a jail cell explaining what you did.

In life I hit one person quite a few times on the premise of "he deserved it" (and he did) and I wound up in a squad car. I'd avoid the "they deserved it" premise if you aren't a child.
    Lol. You live in a dream world.

Unlike what "society" thinks, there isn actual "you can never hit a woman" law. Remember, you live in a country were you can kill someone just for having a reasonable belief that they posed a threat.

You seem to not be able to understand the difference between an assault and self defense. We're not talking about someone slapped you across the face so you decided to pummel them. If someone comes at you swinging, you have a legal right to do whatever is necessary to stop them. Once you've stopped it, that's the end. We're not talking about stopping the attack and then deciding to get a few more hits in.

Smack my b.tch up!

Wooooooow, ne ne ne ne ne

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Lol. You live in a dream world.

Unlike what "society" thinks, there isn actual "you can never hit a woman" law. Remember, you live in a country were you can kill someone just for having a reasonable belief that they posed a threat.

You seem to not be able to understand the difference between an assault and self defense. We're not talking about someone slapped you across the face so you decided to pummel them. If someone comes at you swinging, you have a legal right to do whatever is necessary to stop them. Once you've stopped it, that's the end. We're not talking about stopping the attack and then deciding to get a few more hits in.
    You hit your significant other, have fun if the police see it or she reports you, because you'll be talking about it in front of a judge. I won't do it, so I won't. Trying to rationalize domestic violence by discussing situations when women might be beating you up is retarded. Sorry.

Local High School Star SunsN07BookIt's Avatar

And note, if a small man comes at you, you can "defend yourself". Defending is reasonable force. If an 80 yr old man lunges at me and I hit him as hard as I can and he is really hurt, i am in trouble. That's not reasonable force. And reasonable force changes by the individual. So if you are 6'9'', former Ranger Seal, can kill with a pinky, you are expected to be more reasonable with use of force knowing this. So if this little woman comes at you, this thought that she deserves what she gets, too bad - have fun in court with that.

Yeah the courts are very aware of any advantages one person may have over the other. When I was a kid, my karate instructor was put in jail for assault when he defended himself against 3 cholos trying to rob him, and one had a knife. But the prosecutor said his hands were considered "deadly weapons", and because he attacked teenagers and the seriousness of their injuries, the jury found him guilty. The judge said even though he was being robbed, he should have used restraint given his training right before sentencing him.

You hit your significant other, have fun if the police see it or she reports you, because you'll be talking about it in front of a judge. I won't do it, so I won't. Trying to rationalize domestic violence by discussing situations when women might be beating you up is retarded. Sorry.
    Nobody is trying to defend assaulting your wife/girlfriend no matter how much you insist on telling them they are.