Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Minnesota Has Finally Arrived

Been the joke of all pro-sports since forever but we've just arrived.

PG: Russell, McLaughlin
    SG: Edwards, Nowell
    SF: McDaniels, Prince
    PF: Towns, Anderson
    C: Gobert, Reid

That is going to be an elite roster. Next 4-5+ years are going to be incredible. Tim Connelly already justified his contract and cemented himself as the best GM in this pathetic franchises history.

Glen Taylor is out in like another year...He sold them to Marc Lore and AROD (yes that AROD)...in what damn universe would AROD be instrumental in turning this franchise around. You seriously cannot make this stuff up

Best team in our history, Glen Taylor on his way out, up and coming superstar in ANT...things couldn't be better for this franchise.

Default Re: Minnesota Has Finally Arrived

We'll see. It should improve them of course, but by how much is to be determined. I don't see this making them a contender all the sudden. They do have talent, the question is what is their IQ ceiling? If all these guys are committed to really being the best team they can, maybe they'll surprise. But as of now, KAT is still kinda soft and weird, Edwards is very good but his play can be erratic, and Toody is Toody.

I'm not convinced the chemistry will be there to make a deep run. But who knows.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Steph is gonna be getting the switch on one of those bigs and throwing up 29 footers and Harlem shaking back to the other end in the second round. That’s if you’re lucky. If he really gets going he’s gonna be putting up downright disrespectful logo stepbacks over whoever you sacrifice then hitting the Puffy Flava in your ear dance back to the bench with it still in the air like

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    We'll see. It should improve them of course, but by how much is to be determined. I don't see this making them a contender all the sudden. They do have talent, the question is what is their IQ ceiling? If all these guys are committed to really being the best team they can, maybe they'll surprise. But as of now, KAT is still kinda soft and weird, Edwards is very good but his play can be erratic, and Toody is Toody.

I'm not convinced the chemistry will be there to make a deep run. But who knows.
    Gobert and ANT becomes one of the best duos in the league. Better than Mitchell/Conley/Hayward and Gobert already. Throw in Towns, Russell etc. and they are certainly one of the top teams in the league.

Banned

Not sure I would go so far as to call them elite, but they very well could be the division's dark horse this year.

Edwards has really impressed me. Right now he's got all the potential in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    Gobert and ANT becomes one of the best duos in the league. Better than Mitchell/Conley/Hayward and Gobert already. Throw in Towns, Russell etc. and they are certainly one of the top teams in the league.
    The game isnt played on paper.

But we'll see. I'm not ruling this move out as a significant success, but I'm not sold on it entirely either.

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    The game isnt played on paper.

But we'll see. I'm not ruling this move out as a significant success, but I'm not sold on it entirely either.
    No it's not but talent wins generally. They have more talent than most. Gobert and Ant have shown they can carry teams. Towns and Russell as your 3rd and 4th guys?

Haven't seen a twin towers lineup like this in awhile but with Towns shooting and Gobert's shotblocking it might work.

Can't see you winning with Mitchell leading you. They just became one of the worst defensive teams in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    Haven't seen a twin towers lineup like this in awhile but with Towns shooting and Gobert's shotblocking it might work.
    Cavs

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    No it's not but talent wins generally. They have more talent than most. Gobert and Ant have shown they can carry teams. Towns and Russell as your 3rd and 4th guys?

I notice you seem to put less weight on all nba selections since KAT made it over Rudy last year.

I don’t imagine a 25-27ppg center is gonna be seen as the other guy.

Now when he scores the same 14ppg as Rudy in the playoffs that might be different. But people will see he and Edwards as the franchise players till that happens again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    I notice you seem to put less weight on all nba selections since KAT made it over Rudy last year.

Now when he scores the same 14ppg as Rudy in the playoffs that might be different. But people will see he and Edwards as the franchise players till that happens again.
    I find it hilarious he’s so high on Edwards when Edwards is literally a worse version of his hated Mitchell. Obviously Edwards has a good chance to surpass Mitchell but acting like he’s currently better is supported by absolutely nothing. He just hates Towns for some reason, probably jealous he gets more attention than Rudy. Expect him to replace Mitchell as his most hated player.

YOU HAVE GOBERT

HAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAH

SUCK SHIT

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post

Ant and Gobert are certainly the best players in Minnesota. All NBA is certainly a better barometer than all star but not perfect. Anyone that actually thinks career loser Towns is better than Gobert is clueless. Many considered Mitchell the franchise player in Utah too. You will soon see the difference between a guy carrying a team and a guy burying a team

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    I find it hilarious he’s so high on Edwards when Edwards is literally a worse version of his hated Mitchell. Obviously Edwards has a good chance to surpass Mitchell but acting like he’s currently better is supported by absolutely nothing. He just hates Towns for some reason, probably jealous he gets more attention than Rudy. Expect him to replace Mitchell as his most hated player.
    Worse version? Edwards is only 20. Mitchell wasn't even in the league at 20.

After watching Edwards in the play in and playoffs i can definitely see him being better than Mitchell.