Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Re: MJ: 10 scoring titles in 11 full seasons as a Bull.

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    The only time he didn't win it (full season) was his rookie year. But he wasn't too shabby as he put up 28.2. In 1986 he only played 18 games and in 1995, he only played 17 games.

The rest of the time with the Bulls, the guy won the scoring title. This is what the GOAT does. Complete domination from start to finish. He won his last 3 scoring titles at the age of 33, 34 and 35.

You take away his Wizards years and his career scoring average as a Bull is 31.5 ppg, a whole 1.5 points better than Wilt (who is 2nd all time). And that was with a shooting pct of .505%.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...jordami01.html

Jordan's cause is the easiest cause to defend amongs the GOATs. He was such a player and had such a career, he got everything at every possible level - even got a NCAA title in 1982 (although not as main man he hit the winning basket).

Speaking from stan perspective, Jordan's stans would hold the W all the way in any forum nowadays, although 3ball (who post terific giffs btw) sometimes got crushed here .

National High School Star Fire Colangelo's Avatar

Durant might be the only one who could challenge MJ on this.

Durant isn't aggressive/selfish enough and he plays alongside the highest usage PG in NBA history who shoots more than him.

bu-bu-but, Kobe the greatest score of all time tho!

Truly the GOAT.

Kobe has played 17 full seasons.

Bron Bron has played 12 full seasons.

Can't even sniff the goats career after only playing 11 full seasons.

These kids just don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Bless Mathews
    Kobe has played 17 full seasons.

Bron Bron has played 12 full seasons.

Can't even sniff the goats career after only playing 11 full seasons.

These kids just don't know.
    Jordan for his career as a Bull:
    Averages 3 more shots for 5 for points than Kobe.
    Averages 3 more shots for 3 more points than Lebron.
    Stop acting like there's this massive gap between them, MJ is just selfish as hell.

College superstar

The only time he didn't win it (full season) was his rookie year. But he wasn't too shabby as he put up 28.2. In 1986 he only played 18 games and in 1995, he only played 17 games.

The rest of the time with the Bulls, the guy won the scoring title. This is what the GOAT does. Complete domination from start to finish. He won his last 3 scoring titles at the age of 33, 34 and 35.

You take away his Wizards years and his career scoring average as a Bull is 31.5 ppg, a whole 1.5 points better than Wilt (who is 2nd all time). And that was with a shooting pct of .505%.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...jordami01.html

This is why a lot of us hate Jordanites.

Why can we use context/take away years from Jordan, but not others? You take away Jordan's Wizard years, yet leave in Wilt's final years?

Just take out that entire statement, because what you posted prior to that is marvelous. That level of scoring domination is so crazy.

But then you detract from that awe by posting that last bit of drivel.
    Last edited by kshutts1; 08-27-2015 at 10:03 AM.

Decent playground baller

Bernard King is the only player who got a Scoring Title during the 11-year run of MJ as a Bull (full season only), scoring 32.9 ppg in 1985.

If he doesnt get hurt, maybe he got some more scoring crown.

In his 1991 comeback season with Washington, King was leading the league with more than 30 ppg leading the league, before his knee become bad again.

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1
    This is why a lot of us hate Jordanites.

Why can we use context/take away years from Jordan, but not others? You take away Jordan's Wizard years, yet leave in Wilt's final years?

Just take out that entire statement, because what you posted prior to that is marvelous. That level of scoring domination is so crazy.

But then you detract from that awe by posting that last bit of drivel.
    Your posts of late pretty much prove you are a Kobe or Bron fan and don't like MJ too much. You continue to nitpick away at MJ and this is another example.

You do realize MJ had been retired for 3 full years before coming back at the age of 39 right? How many wing players are around in the NBA at the age of 39? It was considered sort of a freak show thing.

Doesn't really matter. You add in MJ's Wizard years, he's still the all time leader in ppg both in the regular season and playoffs and all time leader in PER, again for both regular season and playoffs.

College superstar

Your posts of late pretty much prove you are a Kobe or Bron fan and don't like MJ too much. You continue to nitpick away at MJ and this is another example.

You do realize MJ had been retired for 3 full years before coming back at the age of 39 right? How many wing players are around in the NBA at the age of 39? It was considered sort of a freak show thing.

Doesn't really matter. You add in MJ's Wizard years, he's still the all time leader in ppg both in the regular season and playoffs and all time leader in PER, again for both regular season and playoffs.
    That is pretty much m y point. Why add unnecessary fuel to the fire? It's just silly.

And Kobe's my favorite current player. Pippen all time. I don't like Jordan. That doesn't mean I don't recognize their respective downfalls, or Jordan's greatness.

But please point to something I've posted that is inaccurate. I'm anything but a troll or a stan. I deal with realism.

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1
    That is pretty much m y point. Why add unnecessary fuel to the fire? It's just silly.

And Kobe's my favorite current player. Pippen all time. I don't like Jordan. That doesn't mean I don't recognize their respective downfalls, or Jordan's greatness.

But please point to something I've posted that is inaccurate. I'm anything but a troll or a stan. I deal with realism.
    There is proper context when you separate MJ's Bulls years only because it is when he was relevant as a player and not some sideshow. If you don't like the stats, you don't have to read it.

College superstar

There is proper context when you separate MJ's Bulls years only because it is when he was relevant as a player and not some sideshow. If you don't like the stats, you don't have to read it.
    Just acknowledge the similar circumstances of others. That's all I ask.

If you want Jordan's years on Washington to not count, then also do not count the last few years for the player to whom you're comparing Jordan.

Jordan made the choice to leave basketball. Jordan made the choice to come back.

College superstar

He also led the league in field goal attempts a record 9 out of 11 full seasons as a Bull.

Quote Originally Posted by jlip
    He also led the league in field goal attempts a record 9 out of 11 full seasons as a Bull.
    But he wasn't inefficient. As a matter of fact, his efficiency was the best EVER. He led the league in PER 7 out of those seasons. And his PER is the highest EVER. His FG% as a Bull was .505%.

If he was jacking up shots with bad efficiency and a low FG%, that's one thing. But that wasn't the case.