Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 01-04-2010, 11:54 AM   #1
Automajic23
Playground Legend

Automajic23 is considered somewhat coolAutomajic23 is considered somewhat cool
Default First loss dealt to my team in my winter league XD!!!

okay so we lost our first game this winter. The league has 7 teams, the top 3 are legit, the 4-5 are ok, and the 6-7 are mountains behind in skill and organization.

We lost by 6 in the final minute of the game after being up by 6-10 throughout the whole game. We were missing 3 starters but it was very disappointing we didn't close the game. In the first half all their points were 3s except a few free throws, and they tallied about 19. In the 2nd half they dropped more 3s in the last 55 seconds along with free throws to seal the game.

We beat this team by 20 last week only missing 2 starters (the 3rd starter we were missing this time was our PG).

final minutes:PG importance? zomg.

I also partially blame myself because I scored 10 pts in the 1st half, then only took 2 shot attempts in the 2nd half. One of our bench players caught fire and was hitting everything so i was literally watching our offense on the court until he cooled off and it was too late.

We're now 6-1, still holding the #1 seed. I'm glad we dropped a game in the reg season and not in playoffs...
Automajic23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:52 PM   #2
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board
Default Re: First loss dealt to my team in my winter league XD!!!

that's the thing about those bench players... they start choking in crunch time lol.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:19 AM   #3
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Losses like these could be positive. You got your bench some PT, and some crunch time experience.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:55 AM   #4
Automajic23
Playground Legend

Automajic23 is considered somewhat coolAutomajic23 is considered somewhat cool

sigh, our last game ended up being a forfeit. bottom seeded team didn't show up to play us this is twice we showed up to the gym and the other team didn't show, so lame.
Oh well, free W. Playoffs start next week, we get 1st round BYE, the other 7 teams play for spots in the semis. I got some photos and vid clips from our scrimmage, my GF only filmed the 2nd half on her FLIP, and of course we were already up by 30+ so all the footage is of pretty slow paced basketball.

On another note, I run like a goofball; My arms are barely moving and I drag my feet when im not sprinting even when I speed up I'm still dragging my feet. I bet i'd be a lot faster if I knew how to run

Last edited by Automajic23 : 01-05-2010 at 10:58 AM.
Automajic23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: