Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Kobe or Wade: More Dominant Prime

When we look up at our generation, we look up to Kobe. He's the best player in the last decade

- Wade

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
    True, but you can't say that Kobe has simply outplayed Wade every year. I mean you have to take health into account.
    I'm not saying either has outplayed the other every year. That's for another debate.

The fact that Wade is more prone to injury is why more will pick Bryant. And I don't think it's just because of how their playing style, IMO Bryant does have better work ethic. That's why he's able to still have remarkable years this late in the game too, that some say even match his prime numbers statistically (particularly 02-03).

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

What? Wade was absurd in 2006

You have just said you started watching after 2008. Are you sure you are a very good judge comparing a player's 2001 playoffs to another one's 2006 regular season for example? Are you sure you are not basing your opinion on several highlights only? Or on others' opinions? Or due to the fact you root for the Heat?

I started watching in 1980, and I would never ever start arguing a Wilt vs. Kareem in the 70s debate.
    Last edited by elementally morale; 03-20-2013 at 05:46 PM.

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Remix
    Pretty sure you're the one who conveniently had the story about watching basketball in the spring just before the decision and your cousin or something was a Heat fan which caused you to be one too, all about 3 months before Bosh and Lebron came.
    Come on now. I told you guys about a friend who moved down from Boston to Ohio where I live. It was in 2008 and during the time when the Celtics were obviously dominating so he got me into 2K and we watched the opening game together. From then on I started to watch the NBA on a regular bases and D-Wade became my favorite player and Miami became my favorite team.

Very good NBA starter

A reminder for all of us that "best in prime" is an incredibly uninteresting discussion, as well as nearly impossible to messure.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magic 32
    A reminder for all of us that "best in prime" is an incredibly uninteresting discussion, as well as nearly impossible to messure.

It doesn't help that you can't even spell measure right to begin with. Your head might explode trying debate this topic.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Sharmer
    Wade is better in the post.

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    I'm not saying either has outplayed the other every year. That's for another debate.

The fact that Wade is more prone to injury is why more will pick Bryant. And I don't think it's just because of how their playing style, IMO Bryant does have better work ethic. That's why he's able to still have remarkable years this late in the game too, that some say even match his prime numbers statistically (particularly 02-03).
    You see I'm not trying to say Wade was better in his prime, I'm just saying it's basically even and very difficult to say one is clearly better than the other. I just hate it when people go out and say that Kobe's prime was head and shoulders above Wade's and it's not really close. But thanks for at least trying to reply in a nice manner doe.

You have just said you started watching after 2008. Are you sure you are a very good judge comparing a player's 2001 playoffs to another one's 2006 regular season for example? Are you sure you are not basing your opinion on several highlights only? Or on other's opinions? Or due to the fact you root for the Heat?

I started watching in 1980, and I would never ever start arguing a Wilt vs. Kareem in the 70s debate.
    Just said Wade was crazy in that year. Not trying to dissect his games or anything. But going off what I've read and seen I mean I can say he was pretty good. Still I'm not going to just say one is clearly better than the other because that's not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale
    Some people will go out of their way and answer Wade, but I actually doubt any non-Heat fan above 25 really believes it even if he says so. The answer is Kobe and the gap is not minimal.

Disagree entirely. Its one thing if we are talking longevity. But prime for prime, the gap isn't huge between the two at all.

You see I'm not trying to say Wade was better in his prime, I'm just saying it's basically even and very difficult to say one is clearly better than the other. I just hate it when people go out and say that Kobe's prime was head and shoulders above Wade's and it's not really close.
    It is pretty damn clear to most people who watched a lot more basketball than you have. It's not a HUGE difference but a clear enough difference. Careerwise it is a huge difference though in Kobe's favor. Wade in his best year was closer to Kobe's best year than during the course of their careers.

A lot less difference was there with McGrady's best year compared to Kobe's best year up until 2005. That's a debate. Wade.. not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharmer
    Wade is better in the post, Kobe a better jump shooter.
    Wade is better defender and arguably the best slasher ever. Kobe is better a shooting jumpers.

70-80% of this forum is below 25. Many young people love to go against the grain and they grew up with Kobe being 'there' and Wade being the 'new blood'. Plus it's a lot more sexy to hate on Kobe than on Wade.

I say you won't find too many people who are over 25 who prefer Wade to Kobe. Be it their peaks, primes, career, whichever. There are many people on this site who say things like 'Wade is a lot better than Kobe', but I'm quite sure a lot less actually believe what they say.
    Contrary to popular belief, no pun intended. Just because something is popular doesn

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    Disagree entirely. Its one thing if we are talking longevity. But prime for prime, the gap isn't huge between the two at all.
    Yeah, feel free to disagree, I don't mind that. I think the gap is huge. It's like peak Shaq and peak Duncan. It is pretty clear Shaq was the more effective player and you won't find too many non-Spurs fans teliing you otherwise.

And it's not because Duncan was mediocre.

Yeah, feel free to disagree, I don't mind that. I think the gap is huge. It's like peak Shaq and peak Duncan. It is pretty clear Shaq was the more effective player and you won't find too many non-Spurs fans teliing you otherwise.

And it's not because Duncan was mediocre.
    The thing is Shaq is considered the most dominant player in NBA history. Kobe, not so much. And thats not even a shot at Kobe. But no one has ever dominated the game like Shaq. To the point they actually had to change rules and defenses to handle the man.

[QUOTE=Sharmer]Even if Kobe is more popular than Wade, that doesn