Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Its obvious LeBron has lost a step, so how will he adjust?

He's been declining for a while now. It's still shocking to see him like this before he even turned 30 though. Some of us always said that he didn't have any elite skills to fall back on once his athleticism declined, and I guess we were right.

To answer the OP's question, I don't think there's much that he can do. It's not like he's not a gym rat. We all criticize him for always taking the easy route, but the man has put in the time and effort, but he gets too scared when the going gets tough to use what he's worked on and defaults back to Lebron-ball which never worked that well anyway, and now it's even worse. He just doesn't have the necessary skills to extend his longevity, and it's too late to develop them now.

I don't know where ya'll have been at, but the last 2 years with Miami Lebron has gone away from his athletic game, especially last season. His adjusting has already begun.

Athletic decline was already underway, but this summer it just free fell.

Nikka can't jump anymore. It's sad.

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus
    He's been declining for a while now. It's still shocking to see him like this before he even turned 30 though. Some of us always said that he didn't have any elite skills to fall back on once his athleticism declined, and I guess we were right.

To answer the OP's question, I don't think there's much that he can do. It's not like he's not a gym rat. We all criticize him for always taking the easy route, but the man has put in the time and effort, but he gets too scared when the going gets tough to use what he's worked on and defaults back to Lebron-ball which never worked that well anyway, and now it's even worse. He just doesn't have the necessary skills to extend his longevity, and it's too late to develop them now.
    You do realize that he's averaging 26/7/7/1/1 on 58% TS, right?

When bron was busy losing weight over summer I posted somewhere that it might not be a great idea.

Roy Jones Junior (a similar god tier athletic beast) was never the same after dropping a lot of muscle after his ruiz fight in 2003. Some have said loosing the muscle at a fairly advanced stage of his career shocked his body and muscles and accelerated his decline. He was pretty reliant on that athleticism, more so than James but I think there could be some parallels here.

James just looks sluggish, more so than last season when tbh he was beginning to show signs. I thought it was probably the whole shouldering the load thing, but drestas comments are pretty solid with regard to that notion.

Local High School Star

It's because of the low carb diet. No athlete should be on it, especially not one as explosive as Lebron.

Quote Originally Posted by LBJ 23
    It's because of the low carb diet. No athlete should be on it, especially not one as explosive as Lebron.
    Wait, why?

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar