Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 2009 Draft

Default Re: 2009 Draft

Wow the Bucks trade was pretty bad. They essentially traded Yi for nothing.

Apart from a Rondo/Scal for Conley/Gay trade, the grizz appears to be heading to a nice season. Sucks for Bucks fans, it must feel like **** to know that the team would be playing for nothing.

1 more day!

I am Chris Wilcox

I was reading the grizzliesonline forum last night, when Wallace was on Rome and apparently he said a couple of interesting things.

Did he really on just touch on Thabeet, as "the shot-blocking center out of UConn"?

I also read that he spent some time talking about Evans, whereas he only touched upon other players.

I also read that he said, when talking about visiting Rubio, "...our starting center, Marc Gasol...", could this be a hint towards anything?

Thanks to the guys over at the grizzliesonline forum, otherwise I would be completely in the dark about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
    I was reading the grizzliesonline forum last night, when Wallace was on Rome and apparently he said a couple of interesting things.

Did he really on just touch on Thabeet, as "the shot-blocking center out of UConn"?

I also read that he spent some time talking about Evans, whereas he only touched upon other players.

I also read that he said, when talking about visiting Rubio, "...our starting center, Marc Gasol...", could this be a hint towards anything?
    Dont look to much into it. Him and rome laughed about how "safe" wallace was describing all of the grizzlies options for their pick.
    Thanks to the guys over at the grizzliesonline forum, otherwise I would be completely in the dark about this.[/

I am Chris Wilcox

Banned

This sums up Thursday.

"Ya think hes like Dikem'bee but I think hes more like Shawn Brad'leeeey"

If we do this I dont know how I will react, espescially with Marc Gasol now being forced into a backup role, yet neither can play any other position than the 5.

Maybe we're drafting Thabeet to trade him to the T-wolves for the #5 and #6 or Love?

THat would make sense, because I'd do that if I were the T-wolves. Not really that sold on Rubio. Jefferson + Thabeet would be awesooooome

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by gasolina
    Maybe we're drafting Thabeet to trade him to the T-wolves for the #5 and #6 or Love?

THat would make sense, because I'd do that if I were the T-wolves. Not really that sold on Rubio. Jefferson + Thabeet would be awesooooome
    Thats a nice idea. I wouldnt mind the #5 or #6 with Love....

Actually, Id love that.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore BigSims2108's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maniak
    Thats a nice idea. I wouldnt mind the #5 or #6 with Love....

Actually, Id love that.
    Yeah, I like it too, but at the same time, I would think about if the T'wolves would do it. I know that Minnesota has done some stupid sh** before, but I don't think they could go THIS far. Other than that, I would love this! At the same time, we would retain our cap room.

I am Chris Wilcox

If we trade the 2nd away for the 5th and Love, maybe we would have to throw in Darko, perhaps.

Anyway, I would do this if we could get either Evans or Harden with the 5th pick.

Assume Minny take Thabeet with the 2nd. OKC would take Rubio? Kings would then take either Harden or Evans and then we take the other.

Conley / Evans (if we get him)
    Mayo / Harden or Evans (which ever one we get)
    Gay / Warrick?
    Love / Arthur
    Gasol / Haddadi

Not bad if you ask me. Bring in a shooter and then a vet to help Gay and Mayo along and we're set.

If we trade the 2nd away for the 5th and Love, maybe we would have to throw in Darko, perhaps.

Anyway, I would do this if we could get either Evans or Harden with the 5th pick.

Assume Minny take Thabeet with the 2nd. OKC would take Rubio? Kings would then take either Harden or Evans and then we take the other.

Conley / Evans (if we get him)
    Mayo / Harden or Evans (which ever one we get)
    Gay / Warrick?
    Love / Arthur
    Gasol / Haddadi

Not bad if you ask me. Bring in a shooter and then a vet to help Gay and Mayo along and we're set.
    Yeah, and we retain our cap room with this deal. So we can still bring in a good PF like Boozer or Lee. But I want us to go and get a veteran player who is a leader on and off the court to help Rudy, O.J., and Conley develop their game.

Quote Originally Posted by BigSims2108
    Yeah, and we retain our cap room with this deal. So we can still bring in a good PF like Boozer or Lee. But I want us to go and get a veteran player who is a leader on and off the court to help Rudy, O.J., and Conley develop their game.
    With a trade like that Id rather pursue a backup SF for Gay.

I am Chris Wilcox

FINALLY, some clips from Harden's, DeRozan's and Hill's workouts. It about damn time we got some footage of this, even thought it's only just over 3 minutes long, it's better than nothing.

http://www.nba.com/grizzlies/video/2...621.grizzlies/

Just watched the video.

I dont see how we can ignore a talent like Harden. He looks so amazing and I think he will be a legit NBA player.

As for DeRozan, he looks OK, but if we stick with the #2, not worth it.

Then Jordan Hill, to me, he will just be a guy who gets few points and alot of rebounds. I didnt see much of his college game, so Im not sure about his ability to get to the line and shotblocking....

I would rather see marc at the back up role anyways. I just dont know if thabeet is our starting center in the future.

One more day guys. Im crazy excited abouty the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by jailer
    I would rather see marc at the back up role anyways. I just dont know if thabeet is our starting center in the future.

One more day guys. Im crazy excited abouty the draft.
    http://thepirata.com/wp-content/uplo...gun_2_head.jpg

This is what my loyalty towards the grizz would do if we picked Thabeet.