Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 01-09-2008, 04:04 AM   #1
ThyGreatOne
Decent playground baller

Default [ Suns 1-6 against West's current playoff seeds ]

anyone got any ideas what the Suns need/should do? come the trading deadline in feburary, is there anyone you'd like to see on the roster moved? if so who would you trade? and what individual(s) would you trade them for?

personally i think the Suns this year just "aint right" something is off, or out of place, when looking at the teams Phoenix put on the floor the last few years. i still think the Suns need some size and interior defense before they will do serious damage against a team such as the Spurs in a 7 game series. who the Suns need, ehh, who can come in and help without them disrupting their roster and rotation? nobody will take Diaw straight up, he will have to be added in lets say a deal involving Marion, or Amare, you get the drift.

in all honesty i love the Suns and watching them and will be a fan for life. i just think the main thing they lack is the same thing they always lack. they got no big's, they need rebounds and interior defense, thou they have been playing good team 'scrapy' defense and generating a lot of blocks!

Quote:
The Phoenix Suns are 1-6 against the West's current playoff seeds, and are searching for answers why they're struggling. "I can't put my finger on it right now but, for whatever reason we aren't as good as we were the last couple, three years," said Suns coach Mike D'Antoni, who met with team captain's Amare Stoudemire, Steve Nash and Shawn Marion, individually on Sunday. "We're kind of wobbling. We've got to find some answers."
ThyGreatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 04:40 AM   #2
mojorizen7
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default Re: [ Suns 1-6 against West's current playoff seeds ]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThyGreatOne
anyone got any ideas what the Suns need/should do? come the trading deadline in feburary, is there anyone you'd like to see on the roster moved? if so who would you trade? and what individual(s) would you trade them for?

personally i think the Suns this year just "aint right" something is off, or out of place, when looking at the teams Phoenix put on the floor the last few years. i still think the Suns need some size and interior defense before they will do serious damage against a team such as the Spurs in a 7 game series. who the Suns need, ehh, who can come in and help without them disrupting their roster and rotation? nobody will take Diaw straight up, he will have to be added in lets say a deal involving Marion, or Amare, you get the drift.

in all honesty i love the Suns and watching them and will be a fan for life. i just think the main thing they lack is the same thing they always lack. they got no big's, they need rebounds and interior defense, thou they have been playing good team 'scrapy' defense and generating a lot of blocks!
Marion, ATL #1 for R. Artest,J. Salmon's and F. Garcia.
mojorizen7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 05:52 AM   #3
ThyGreatOne
Decent playground baller

Quote:
mojorizen7: Marion, ATL #1 for R. Artest,J. Salmon's and F. Garcia.

you think that is a good idea? i mean how will giving up Marion help the Suns? and you bring in 3 guys, none of which are a "big" i think Artest can help, yes, and the Suns even tried to sign Salmons, and i seen Garcia play he's nice, but what in the essance of this season will that really help? Artest is injured and not a big, Salmons is another SF/G, wow really what the Suns need and Garcia is quality. i dont see that 'trade' improving the Suns enough to beat lets say the Spurs! in a playoff series. nice try but i dont think it helps enough in the grand scheme of things...

Last edited by ThyGreatOne : 01-09-2008 at 05:54 AM.
Old 01-09-2008, 07:13 AM   #4
mojorizen7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThyGreatOne
you think that is a good idea? i mean how will giving up Marion help the Suns? and you bring in 3 guys, none of which are a "big" i think Artest can help, yes, and the Suns even tried to sign Salmons, and i seen Garcia play he's nice, but what in the essance of this season will that really help? Artest is injured and not a big, Salmons is another SF/G, wow really what the Suns need and Garcia is quality. i dont see that 'trade' improving the Suns enough to beat lets say the Spurs! in a playoff series. nice try but i dont think it helps enough in the grand scheme of things...
As long as we're taliking about DA running his "flawed" system of run n gun with no emphasis on defense and rebounding i believe this trade would make us better equipped to succeed in the playoffs.
However, if we could also bring in a HC who'd run a more conventional system then i agree that the above mentioned trade would'nt be ideal to getting us over the hump.
Old 01-09-2008, 07:25 AM   #5
ThyGreatOne
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojorizen7
As long as we're taliking about DA running his "flawed" system of run n gun with no emphasis on defense and rebounding i believe this trade would make us better equipped to succeed in the playoffs.
However, if we could also bring in a HC who'd run a more conventional system then i agree that the above mentioned trade would'nt be ideal to getting us over the hump.

ahh finally i am not the 'only' one who thinks coach D'Antoni runs a 'flawed' euro-style run n gun system with the emphasis strictly on 'points' and not on defense. honestly if the Suns do not get over the 'hump' as you said, this season. i look for D'Antoni to be out of a job. this guy has had what 3+ good years to try this non defensive run n gun style and its just not getting the job done in the playoffs. its great for the regular season as we all seen time and time again.

honestly i never thought he was going to be a great coach with all this we need to get smaller, we need to play small ball, we need to run, i mean c'mon every season in the playoffs they get beat when the team they face slows the game down and makes it less of a track meet. i realize that the Suns have had bad breaks, Amare, Joe Johnson, Raja, all being injured and then that whole David Stern 'fiasco' but bottom line is they havn't produced even a trip to the NBA Finals with D'Antoni...

Last edited by ThyGreatOne : 01-09-2008 at 07:28 AM.
Old 01-09-2008, 05:44 PM   #6
mojorizen7

I agree. It very well could be DA's last chance here.
Sad thing is, D'Antoni will get hired elsewhere to do nothing more than bring some excitement to another offense and sell tickets while teasing the fans into "believing."
Old 01-10-2008, 03:44 AM   #7
ThyGreatOne
Decent playground baller

very well said... i agree!
Old 01-26-2008, 06:34 PM   #8
Maniak
TJ Warren

Marion for LJ