Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Cornell Basketball=#1

Default Re: OT: Shooting rampage at Virginia Tech. 21 dead and 21 injured...

Quote Originally Posted by loot
    It happened in Germany. Dutch kids have been stabbing each other like it doesn't matter for a while, some student shot his teacher in the head last year too.
    bullsh&t.

In Europe, guns are banned. In addition, I don't see modern day Europe worshipping the culture of violence that Americans are.

Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bence23
    white people............
    No, this just a random act. C'mon, things like this are not reflective of an entire race of people......atleast that's the case when they're white, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by tenzan
    Because it is a lot easier to get guns here. Try getting a gun or assault rifle in western Europe or NE Asia, IE Japan, South Korea.
    Well it's not that difficult to get a firearm in Western Europe. But I think the society is a lot less supportive of owning firearms. That's a huge difference. How many American citizens are proud of their handgun, and how many shooting ranges are there?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

22 people have died so far, and many of you are arguing? wow....

I rule the local playground bence23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
    No, this just a random act. C'mon, things like this are not reflective of an entire race of people......atleast that's the case when they're white, I guess.
    have these school shooters ever been anything BUT

Any news on who the shooter was, why he did it?

Lets GO PENS!

Quote Originally Posted by AppleNader
    I wonder if Bush had not started an illegal war that has lead to hundreds of thousands of lives lost, we might have had more money and resources to help the unfortunate gunman with his psychological problems and possibly avert this situation.

We still have plenty of money..

So lets say bush didn't go to war.
    Pros- Less soldiers die. 20 less people die because some guy at VT got help because had more money.

Using your logic

Cons-Thousands of Americans die from terror attacks all over the nation.

Cornell Basketball=#1

Quote Originally Posted by Cannonball
    We still have plenty of money..

So lets say bush didn't go to war.
    Pros- Less soldiers die. 20 less people die because some guy at VT got help because had more money.

Using your logic

Cons-Thousands of Americans die from terror attacks all over the nation.
    No, considering Bush is sucking it all away on his little war, we don't have much money for social programs.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat
    Any news on who the shooter was, why he did it?
    I am watching CNN now... the shooter is dead, and there seems to be a lot of chaos going on. Facts are being gatherred.

National High School Star STelfair31's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bence23
    white people............

hahha thats what i was thinkin ni66a....

Quote Originally Posted by AppleNader
    bullsh&t.

In Europe, guns are banned. In addition, I don't see modern day Europe worshipping the culture of violence that Americans are.
    It isn't bullsh

Man this is sad. Isn't this the University that Geewiz wanted to go but got rejected? Just wondering, not trying to take a shot at him.

Anyways, this sucks.

Lets GO PENS!

Quote Originally Posted by konex
    ^ He's right! To kill that many people, he must have had some sort of automatic weapon. Can we please get some ****in gun control in this country?
    Automatic weapons are illegal. You can not just buy one. You have to get approved by the government and they know everything. Like taking guns away from people is going to prevent killing anyway.

Just a side note, but how much has school violence increased since they banned prayer and the bible?

crawford, mashburn

thats why i didnt go to college. whos stupid now. pwned

you.

Quote Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
    proof, evidence, research.

i watch the news all the time (and I do not watch FoxNews btw) and I hear of all the killings of civilians, or US troops, of Iraqi police forces, everyday.

Every day some life is lost and it is truly tragic.

so if I am hearing it, how is McCain censoring this? proof? evidence? got any? if not, i'll just attribute your last post along with much of what else you say to hot air.
    On the March 27 edition of CNN's The Situation Room, host Wolf Blitzer asked McCain about comments he had made to conservative radio host William Bennett that "[t]here are neighborhoods in Baghdad where you and I could walk through those neighborhoods today. The U.S. is beginning to succeed in Iraq." While McCain did not directly address the quote Blitzer mentioned, he responded: "You know, that's where you ought to catch up on things, Wolf," adding that "General Petraeus goes out there almost every day in a non-armed Humvee. I think you ought to catch up."

Later in the program, Blitzer asked CNN Baghdad correspondent Michael Ware to reconcile McCain's comments. Ware told Blitzer that "[t]o suggest that there's any neighborhood in this city where an American can walk freely is beyond ludicrous," adding: "I'd love Senator McCain to tell me where that neighborhood is, and he and I can go for a stroll." Regarding McCain's claim that Gen. Petraeus travels "almost ever day in a non-armed Humvee," Ware said that McCain "is way off base on this one":

http://mediamatters.org/items/200703290009
    McCain is pushing the line that the surge is "working"; it's not working.

To prove Baghdad was safe.. McCain went for a walk through a market in Baghdad.

Sen. John McCain strolled briefly through an open-air market in Baghdad today in an effort to prove that Americans are “not getting the full picture” of what’s going on in Iraq.

NBC’s Nightly News provided further details about McCain’s one-hour guided tour. He was accompanied by “100 American soldiers, with three Blackhawk helicopters, and two Apache gunships overhead.” Still photographs provided by the military to NBC News seemed to show McCain wearing a bulletproof vest during his visit. Watch it:

http://thinkprogress.org/2007/04/01/mccain-iraq-stroll/
    I don't know about you, but when I go to the market, I always bring along 100 soldiers, some helicopters, snipers and make sure to wear my trusty bullet proof vest. Even though I know it's entirely safe, I just like to.

After being caught in a lie, McCain had this to say:

“Of course I’m gonna misspeak,” McCain said. “I’ve done it on numerous occasions. And I probably will in the future. I regret that when I divert attention to something that I’ve said from my message. But that’s just life. And I’m happy, frankly, with the way I operate. Otherwise it’d be a lot less fun.”

http://thinkprogress.org/2007/04/08/...-min-misspoke/
    Yes, because war, and especially when you're dead wrong about it, is "fun".

“The crack of shots fired by unseen snipers echoed on Monday through Baghdad’s wholesale Shorja market, a day after U.S. Senator John McCain held up his visit there as one sign of improving security in Baghdad.”

http://thinkprogress.org/2007/04/02/...aghdad-market/
    I guess things aren't so peachy keen when you don't have all that security..

I used to actually like McCain.. not anymore. And it's ironic you used your "proof, research evidence" line on me when 98% of your political posts are just rant-filled diatribes, rarely with a source. And generally it's something you can't really "prove", like Hollywood makes people feel bad about themselves (are you projecting?) so they go on killing rampages. Yeah, makes sense..
    Last edited by reppy; 04-16-2007 at 01:15 PM.