Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: I'm planning on painting my own car, any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by enayes
    I put three coats on 2 years ago and the paint has not chipped off. There is occasionally chipping around the edges but nothing major. I just go over these spots again when needed. The steps I followed called for mixing the paint with mineral spirits, so maybe that has something to do with how its lasted so well.

I don't have any close up shots and I don't feel like taking any. The paint job doesn't look that great in person, I'm not trying to pass it off as a professional piece of work. With that said I'm more than happy with how it came out and for $60(in materials) how can I complain.

That's what I was talking about...the edges are going chip....eventually leading to big patches.

I wanted to see " close up" pics because I was curious to how the finish looked.....I know It's not a proffesional finish....You used Rusto paint and a foam brush FFS...

but to you for doing it....knowlege is power.

Banned

I can't believe the OP painted his car with a sponge brush. Sounds ghetto but big ups to him for making it look happen.

The chipping has been minimal. Very small pieces around the edges, mainly just by the windows. The paint job has never looked like it was falling apart which is why I said no chipping.

My car is for sale! Here's your chance to own a piece of ISH history. If anyone is actually interested message me for details on the ISH discount!

https://post.craigslist.org/k/5JWNW6...429s?s=preview