Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
    3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Ricky Rubio is a Minnesota Timberwolf

Quote Originally Posted by Foster5k
    One of the biggest bust in NBA history.
    Seriously?

1.) One would have to play in the NBA for a number of years before he can be judged a bust or not.

2.) Biggest in history? I'm sorry but for a #5 pick, at 19 or 20 or whatever, to be called the biggest bust ever is ludicrious when you have higher picked players that have done dog-shit in the league.

Run along now, son.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by BankShot
    Seriously?

1.) One would have to play in the NBA for a number of years before he can be judged a bust or not.

2.) Biggest in history? I'm sorry but for a #5 pick, at 19 or 20 or whatever, to be called the biggest bust ever is ludicrious when you have higher picked players that have done dog-shit in the league.

Run along now, son.
    Basically, meant to say he will be one of the biggest bust. I'll make sure to bookmark this thread. I know how guys on here are. I've had to bump two heat threads so far and the same clowns that argued against me about the heat are nowhere to be found.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Hoops
    He has a point. Not sure why we haven't learned yet after all the Euro failures.

Who else other than Rubio? some people acted like he was the next Stockton back when he was drafted. Rubio also acted like a premadonna by not wanting to play for the TWolves, and a select number of teams if i remember right.

I don't remember too many Euro players other than Darko that came out with all this hype. I still don't get how a back PG in Euroleague can be so hyped up by some NBA fans/team.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    Who else other than Rubio? some people acted like he was the next Stockton back when he was drafted. Rubio also acted like a premadonna by not wanting to play for the TWolves, and a select number of teams if i remember right.

I don't remember too many Euro players other than Darko that came out with all this hype. I still don't get how a back PG in Euroleague can be so hyped up by some NBA fans/team.
    Most of the European players drafted by the NBA are not even considered good players in Europe. FYI.

chips93
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

same as all prospects

potential

if derrick favors had played in barcelona instead of georgia tech, he would have been a backup. the standard in europe is much higher in europe than the ncaa.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Because the NBA is actually about 1/3 as good as people in the USA think it is.
    You are a delusional NBA hater. In fact, I'm pretty sure you are only saying that Rubio is a scrub so if he does indeed have success here, you can point out that one of the Euroleague worst players is a big time player in our garbage league. Nobody here cares or believes you.

Quote Originally Posted by Is He Ill
    You are a delusional NBA hater. In fact, I'm pretty sure you are only saying that Rubio is a scrub so if he does indeed have success here, you can point out that one of the Euroleague worst players is a big time player in our garbage league. Nobody here cares or believes you.
    yup. its exactly what he is doing.

dude is going to "win" in his mind no matter what.

If Rubio sucks, he'll troll the board with Rubio hate and tell us how we were all wrong (when pretty much nobody is hyping him)

If the dude shows he has game, NoLinkYo will tell us all how awful the NBA is and how Euro teams have passed it by.

He has planned his hate perfectly.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm
    yup. its exactly what he is doing.

dude is going to "win" in his mind no matter what.

If Rubio sucks, he'll troll the board with Rubio hate and tell us how we were all wrong (when pretty much nobody is hyping him)

If the dude shows he has game, NoLinkYo will tell us all how awful the NBA is and how Euro teams have passed it by.

He has planned his hate perfectly.

he has a point tho given the way some NBA fans have hyped Rubio, and still hype him. I'm still puzzled by a backup euroleague PG being so hyped, especially given his pathetic stats. I've never seen a NBA player that was good that put up awful stats, ever.

I don't really want to take a side here but it seems to me the NBA fans that think Rubio is worth all the hype or defending him don't have much to stand on, other than i guess his play in the Olympics? Where at least Euroleague the poster has been pretty consistent in saying he's overrated/sux. Correct me where i'm wrong

he has a point tho given the way some NBA fans have hyped Rubio, and still hype him. I'm still puzzled by a backup euroleague PG being so hyped, especially given his pathetic stats. I've never seen a NBA player that was good that put up awful stats, ever.

I don't really want to take a side here but it seems to me the NBA fans that think Rubio is worth all the hype or defending him don't have much to stand on, other than i guess his play in the Olympics? Where at least Euroleague the poster has been pretty consistent in saying he's overrated/sux. Correct me where i'm wrong

where is the hype?

the only times I ever see anything about Rubio are when Lakas brings him up to hate on him and when TWolves fans make a post wondering if the dude will ever come over.

chips93
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

he has a point tho given the way some NBA fans have hyped Rubio, and still hype him.
    who are these fans hyping him? i've only seen loyal minny fans express some excitement as they should. i havent seen any hype in about two years.

I'm still puzzled by a backup euroleague PG being so hyped, especially given his pathetic stats.
    he has court vision, passing, and handles that you cant teach. he has plenty of holes in his game. his future is based around 'potential' . the same potential that leads to a dwight howard or a darko milicic.

personally i think he'll get around 8 9 2, with good defense in time, but never a great jumpshot, hopefully eventually a good stand still shooter, similar to current j kidd

where is the hype?

the only times I ever see anything about Rubio are when Lakas brings him up to hate on him and when TWolves fans make a post wondering if the dude will ever come over.
    Exactly, outside of T-Wolves fans, most NBA fans have never understood the hype surrounding Ricky Rubio.

NBA Superstar

Well i guess i'm thinking from the time he was drafted since he had a lot of hype then, but now not so much. But still it seems like people iin the NBA in/around it make a big deal about him, even still.

Its like he's getting respect equivalent to a top 3 lottery pick, where its almost assumed he's going to be a starter and big key to the TWolves. Most 5-10 lottery picks don't even get that type of pre NBA clout.
    Last edited by Godzuki; 06-02-2011 at 05:12 PM.

The Euroleague always has scrub players in it that were starters or 6th men on NBA playoff teams. Many NBA rotation players absolutely suck in Euroleague. Did you not actually know this?

Exactly, outside of T-Wolves fans, most NBA fans have never understood the hype surrounding Ricky Rubio.
    Because most NBA fans didn't watch the 08 Olympics.

where is the hype?

The US media hype on Rubio is relentless and constant.

US sports media (ESPN, Yahoo Sports, Sports Illustrated, Slam Magazine, Fox Sports) constantly call him "the best player in the Euroleague", "the best player on the best team in Europe" and other BS like that.

Draftexpress.com and NBADraft.net lied about him for YEARS before finally coming clean on him...........

NBA GMs regularly call him things like "special", "once in a lifetime player", "once in a generation player", "best point guard in history of Europe", "best Euroleague player of all time", "best player in Europe".............etc.

When he absolutely sucks in Euroleague.

It is clear that the NBA is just using him as a marketing tool to the Latin market and plans on creating another fake and totally manufactured "star" out of him.

He will probably shoot more free throws a game than Wade does, and be allowed to hand check on defense - and all the while, this "NBA star" would still be a POS player if he was being reffed normally.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 06-02-2011 at 05:20 PM.