Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 11-07-2006, 10:00 PM   #1
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Dave D owns RJ

hah! i love this blog entry. (yea, i'm just catching up with it now)

http://www.nj.com/newslogs/nets/inde...11.html#201512
Quote:
“You, YOU! I got a beef with you…”

A beef? What is this, a George Raft movie?

“Like, I know you were asking about the ball in Miami, and you said my shooting percentage (a robust .333) was a result of the ball being…”

Did not. I implied it was a possible ramification.

“Nawww! It couldn’t have been a possible ramification. It’s not like the preseason, when I shot…”

Some judge you are: Your shots in Miami had a sideways rotation.

“I understand that, but I shot it fine in preseason and….”

Preseason doesn’t mean squat – the balls are older, slicker now. Ask Boki.

“Go ask Boki? Boki? Now you’re making excuses for m…”

Professional shooter, that lad. You’re a 33-percenter.

“But, wait, but, but…”

What the heck do you know anyway, you’re a slasher, you don’t know bupkus about shooting.

“Aw, c’mon, I shot…”

You want me to take away all of Kidd’s turnovers, too?

“J-Kidd led the league in turnovers one year.”

(Ooooh, now he’s getting feisty.)

That’s old news. You saying J-Kidd sucks?

“Nawww, I’m, I’m, I’m….”

Yes you are. Only bad players lead the league in turnovers, J-Kidd led the league in turnovers, so J-Kidd is a bad player?

“Yeah, no, wait, no, wait…”
dave is the best. i have no idea why he's not a national writer, but thank god we have him here in jersey for now.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 10:10 PM   #2
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re

stupid circular reasoning similar to those NBA players and Ali G commercials.

i know this was intended to be funny... but it's not funny.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 10:32 PM   #3
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

*opens mouth wide and places hand in front*

i thought it was just an amusing anecdote that you'd rarely see published normally except that the nets guys seem to have good sense of humor so they don't mind this sort of thing.

oh well.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 10:52 PM   #4
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far

Dave D does some writing on the internet because I remember being surprised a few times when seeing his name next to published articles on the net that weren't from the Jersey area.

And for what it's worth gigantes...I thought it was pretty funny.
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: