Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Forget free agency, DeMarcus Cousins landed in Sacramento; IT'S OVER FOR THE NBA

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
    Cavs need to eat the the remaining four years of Urih's contract to get Thompson.

That's obvious.

Kings maje the deal cause Mo is a better shooter than Urih and he has two less years on his deal. That team would average 110 points a game.
    Lol. Udrhi was like 4th in fg percentage last year among all point guards. And mo is a better shooter. Stop doing drugs people. Lol. This trade doesn't even happen.

Default Re: Forget free agency, DeMarcus Cousins landed in Sacramento; IT'S OVER FOR THE NBA

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime
    Again, Artest had problems upstairs prior to coming to Sac. It's not like he had a meltdown with the kings. He had issues on and off the court prior to being traded to the kings.

And his domestic violence charge wasn't for beating his wife. They both pushed each other, and she hit his car with something as he was leaving ala Tiger. He got charged, didn't fight it, and got 10 days in jail.

Why?

I would love for you to explain how their current frontcourt is "garbage".

Kings have no direction, and no veterans to take Cousins in and show him how to be professional. Their frontcourt consists of Jason Thompson, a guy with no offensive game, that had essentially played himself out of the starting lineup by the end of last season.... and Sammy Dalembert... a guy known for having his own mental and maturity issues, who plays unmotivated and uninspired basketball half the time.

But, like I said, Cousins will immediately be the best frontcourt scorer on the team, so his numbers should be decent.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Kings have no direction,
    WTF? They have one of the best GM's in the league, an experienced coach, and their new direction is obviously about getting more physical and athletic. You want to talk about no direction? Take a look at minnesota.

and no veterans to take Cousins in and show him how to be professional.
    A player doesn't need to be 35 to be a good example. They have quality professionals on the court and on the bench. Aside from Westphal, they also have assistants Mario Ellie and Truck Robinson. You may be too young to know who they are, so why do I even bother?

Their frontcourt consists of Jason Thompson, a guy with no offensive game, that had essentially played himself out of the starting lineup by the end of last season....
    No offensive game around the basket, but he does have a face up jumper and gets putbacks with his hustle. And the acquisition of Landry and injuries were factors in him coming off the bench. Let's not act like he's Tyson Chandler on offense.

and Sammy Dalembert... a guy known for having his own mental and maturity issues, who plays unmotivated and uninspired basketball half the time.
    Fine, but that half the time is good enough to be one of the better rebounders and shot blocking centers, and they don't need to rely on his inconsistency for big minutes with the depth they have. They just need him to come in and block some shots now and then, and can bench him whenever. Also, he's in a contract season, so he's more likely to give a better effort this upcoming season.

But, like I said, Cousins will immediately be the best frontcourt scorer on the team, so his numbers should be decent.
    You also said their entire frontcourt is garbage, which it isn't. Thanks for ignoring Landry, who was one of the bright spots for Houston prior to being traded. He's a solid PF who can score and Brockman is the smash mouth 12th man. Top to bottom, they have a very good frontline. Young, and inexperienced, but talented nonetheless. They are not garbage.

I rule the local playground Birmingham1955's Avatar

30 wins max

Local High School Star chitownsfinest's Avatar

Nice to see Sactown going in the right direction again. Cousins may be immature but dude is a competitor and wants to be regarded as the best among his peers and I think he will eventually mold into a more mature player. I don't watch much college ball but from what I've seen and heard about him, dude can run the floor, rebound, bang down low, and is a skilled passer for a big. Can he harness that talent into results? I think he can and will be a perennial 20/10 guy. People are being too hard on him imo.

I don't know if Sac-Town will be an elite team down the road, but the future is looking bright atm. Evans is already a borderline top 5 sg in the league, Landry seems to have been forgotten and is a banger in the low post and is a pretty damn good crunch time player as well, Caspi and Greene are both 22 and have decent game as well, and Thompson can crash the offensive glass and has a nice face up game as well. The average age of the King's nucleus is also under 25 so they should be around for a while.

I am very happy with this draft for the kings. I kinda wanted to see a potential point guard at #33 but whitesides up side could be great. The fact that he slid so far and were basiclly gonna pay him crap money, we kinda had to get him. Looks like we will need to get a good veteran guard.

An offensive perkins without 1/2 of the shotblocking and defensive ability.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueandGold
    An offensive perkins without 1/2 of the shotblocking and defensive ability.
    LOL. that cant even be a comparison. there completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by sak
    LOL. that cant even be a comparison. there completely different.
    Cousins is 6'11 Perkins is 6'10

I don't know they just remind me of each other, maybe it's the facial expression or immature attitude. Time will tell but there's something about cousins that I don't like. Something about him makes me want to punch him in the face.

Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

I don't know they just remind me of each other, maybe it's the facial expression or immature attitude. Time will tell but there's something about cousins that I don't like. Something about him makes me want to punch him in the face.
    This board gonna let this guy get away saying Cousins and Perkins in the same sentence?

And to think you think you dropping knowledge.

LAL|LAC

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggin916
    this guy is going to get shat on by Bynum for the next 10 years.
    Can't get shat on when Bynum is not on the court.

Decent college freshman

Why are you comparing them based off their height?