Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Why do high school students insist on being black and acting like gangsters?

White kids because of Eminem probably ,and the fact they feel being "corporate" is selling out.

more realistically, they want to be as far away from their parents (successful) as possible so they do this as teenage rebellion.

Asians because of the Korean subculture. I heard Koreans are natural gangsters back in their home country, so they pull that off as well, and the Chinese, Vietnamese, etc... follow suit.

can anyone shed light on these stereotypes?

Default Re: Why do high school students insist on being black and acting like gangsters?

I am in high school right now, and I don't understand the either. Apparently they think that talking so you sound like a baby, who is learning to talk, is cool as well. Trust that none of these kids are actual gansters. They suck at sports too, I am the only white guy on my basketball team, all the white "gangsters" got cut.

None of them will fight you either, no matter how many times they say it. In the lunch line last week, one of them grabbed my ass, I shrugged them off because I figured he was kidding. But he did it again, and I hooked him right in the face before he knew I turned around. His "boys" didn't do s*** and it was not worth the suspension.

Basically they are trying to live like gangsters when they have never gone through hard times, fought anyone, or gotten in trouble with the law. They like Lil Wayne and Eminem's music, so they try to act like them, even though they are giving up their futures by f***ing up in school on purpose.

Default Re: Why do high school students insist on being black and acting like gangsters?

They like Lil Wayne and Eminem's music, so they try to act like them, even though they are giving up their futures by f***ing up in school on purpose.
    I really do not understand how someone can just give up on school, give no effort in class, and bomb test without thinking or worrying about the consequences or worrying about there future.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    I really do not understand how someone can just give up on school, give no effort in class, and bomb test without thinking or worrying about the consequences or worrying about there future.
    I don't mind. It kind of weeds out the ones that wouldn't have made it anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by vapid
    I just dont get how people can have that attitude i know i could never do it i care to much about my future.

Apparently the are "straight up G's" because they act and sound incredibly dumb. I listen to hip-hop, but i would never be stupid enough to do some of the things that rappers have done.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by vapid

regardless, high school is big on social hierarchies, and its amazing how acting like an idiot allows you to ascend the social hierarchy.

at least for Asians, they try to pass themselves off as mysterious ones, who act tough and remain stoic as if once they go to Chinatown after school they become hitmen or something.

the whiteys just act like fools.

The Only Way

Quote Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
    regardless, high school is big on social hierarchies, and its amazing how acting like an idiot allows you to ascend the social hierarchy.

at least for Asians, they try to pass themselves off as mysterious ones, who act tough and remain stoic as if once they go to Chinatown after school they become hitmen or something.

the whiteys just act like fools.
    The gangstas, black and white, at my school just block up the damn hallway yelling and and screaming about dumb ****. Gets on my nerves.

Also my school is upper class, upper middle class and they act all gangsta.

Dont understand and plus they dont try in school. Apparently, it isnt "cool."

Man, i should just quit seriously and go work at tom thumb or something cus that is soooo cool.

Also, I am friends with the smartest black kid in the school. He is going to Georgetown on a soccer scholarship. Hes a ****ing balla and probably the most popular kid at our school.

Quote Originally Posted by MetsPackers
    Apparently the are "straight up G's" because they act and sound incredibly dumb. I listen to hip-hop, but i would never be stupid enough to do some of the things that rappers have done.
    Yeah same and im not stupid enough to try and talk like them either.

Let me set up my scenario for you:

I go to a highly conservative, private, Christian school. Tuition costs about 2k a year. So, every day I am surrounded by snobby rich ass white kids who think they're gangster. My school also has a good basketball team.

Now, I personally went through my "wannabe gangster" phase in 7th grade, and I grew out of it pretty quick. I'm a junior now, and there is a group of sophomores who, while wearing pink polo shirts with the collar popped, are talking gangster and saying "niggga" and all kinds of crap like that. Sometimes I want to kill them. I hate, hate, hate white kids trying to act black. We just can't pull it off. And I think most blacks would agree with me that when a black guy tries to act white, (when I say white, I mean normal, not sophisticated like Colin Powell or Condi Rice), they just can't do it. It's all a part of the culture that has been in America for a long time. People like Paul Wall, K-Fed, and John Cena who put on this gangster persona just come off as incredibly stupid.

NBA rookie of the year

what's worse is after a while, some kids get fed up with these obvious fake types and go out and listen to "underground" rap music to stake their "superiority" and then they buy durags of multiple colors and tie it into a flag, or go out and learn the gang signs, or brag with the knowledge that the Crips and Bloods are not centralized gangs, but rather street gangs that share a banner but have no direct affiliation.

The Only Way

eminem is the only legit white gangsta. Thats it.

The only "stage" i went through was trying to wear preppy **** (hollister, american eagle, a&f, etc.) in 6-7th grade.
    In HS i said **** that and started buying all my clothes from GAP, Old Navy, Foleys etc. Now i wear soccer jersey's on mondays and thursdays and recycle the same 6-8 shirts on tues. wed. and fri. Nobody seems to really care and saves money for me.

The thing i hate most about high school is when people dress a certain way to try and fit in. Like right now every single girl in my school has UUGH(sp?) boots just cause its the latest fad. I just wear what looks good on me not what looks good on other people.

NBA rookie of the year

The thing i hate most about high school is when people dress a certain way to try and fit in. Like right now every single girl in my school has UUGH(sp?) boots just cause its the latest fad. I just wear what looks good on me not what looks good on other people.

Ugg boots and miniskirts were around since my high school days in the late 90s and early 00s. looks hot I think if the girl is curvaceous and hot herself. but even the ugly chicks are doing it *BARFS*

I wear clothes and don't try to fit into particular category. I hate people that try to categorize themselves. "I'm emo", "I'm goth", "I'm a prep", etc. Stfu and just be a human being.