Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Basically, Lakers are a much better team w/o Nash welcoming opponents into our hoop.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltsGarlic
    But you still post
    They say hope is the last thing a man loses, guess its true...

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Default Re: Basically, Lakers are a much better team w/o Nash welcoming opponents into our hoop.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    They say hope is the last thing a man loses, guess its true...
    true.. true..

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Bring nash off the bench

Nash
    Meeks
    T'wan
    Clark
    Howard/pau

Start
    Blake
    Kobe
    Mwp
    Pau
    D12

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    Kobe in that 2011 Mavs series:

23 PPG
    3 APG
    3 RPG

I think what you meant to say is, they could have won in 2011 if Kobe wasn't playing on one leg and producing like a second tier star. Maybe throw in if Pau wasn't playing like a sensitive soccer mom, could defend Dirk, ect.
    Add Tony Allen and negate Terry and Barea's impact and well see how they do. Then again is all hypothetical. Their weakness since this team traded for Gasol has been perimeter Defense and Speed. It's so obvious if you watch this team play against team with good pg's and they have career nights against the LA Lakers.

Also even though Gasol was a non factor offensively the Mavs backcourt murdered the Lakers. Defensively they didn't let Kobe shoot from Midrange/ close range which negate him to do anything because he didn't have shooters that could make shots to pass to.

Offensively Barea was running circles against that LA defense, it was just ridiculous.

I've been thinking about this and who fits this mold? I think a guy like George Hill would be deadly on the Lakers, Avery Bradley maybe although I'm not too sure of his play making abilities. Kyle Lowry?
    Kyle Lowry would be great for this team but if Kobe's is the main playmaker (like he is now) they need someone like a Tony Allen type. George Hill like you said would be perfect. It doesn't have to be a pg just someone that can defend the pg position and shoot when open. Like how the Heat has with Chalmers.
    Last edited by Bandito; 04-06-2013 at 04:51 PM.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    People still don't understand how the new CBA works two years later
    i see your point and admit to my mistake. my bad.

Near-Life Experience TheGreatDeraj's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    it's like I've been saying for years. What the Lakers need is not a traditional pg but someone who can defend pg/sg's and shoot the three. It doesn't take a genius to know this. They could've won in 2011 if they had a pg that could contain Terry and Barea.

Kobe have always taken care of the playmaking so why change it now?

Also when Nash used to have the playmaking duties in the beginning of the year Kobe was shooting 50% from the field. Don't forget that. Also Nash has always been a defensive liabilty, he's no J.Kidd. WHen the LAkers traded for him I always asked myself why. Not because he was a liability or anything but because he doesn't bring anything that the team needed. Again the Lakers need perimeter defense and 3 point shooting. That's it.

Nash would've been used better in the Knicks as Anthony needs a great pg to be even better like Billups when he arrived in Denver.
    Agreed with the bold I've had the same thought for years.

I've always though that Kirk Hinrich or Chauncey Billups would be great next to kobe. They are a bit old now especially Billups, but i would still like to see Hinrich on the Lakers. Mario Chalmers would be good as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatDeraj
    Agreed with the bold I've had the same thought for years.

I've always though that Kirk Hinrich or Chauncey Billups would be great next to kobe. They are a bit old now especially Billups, but i would still like to see Hinrich on the Lakers. Mario Chalmers would be good as well.
    Me too, man. I would be happy with Cole at this point.

Learning to shoot layups Groovy Kat's Avatar

I still hate that Nash decided to end his career this way. He's my favorite player ever. I wish he would have went to the Bulls or somewhere else he could have played his style.