Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Default Re: Greg Oden had another MAJOR knee surgery again today

Quote Originally Posted by vinsane01
    If im not mistaken, Redd has played the most games, albeit limited minutes, since he had his injury. Grant hill has been injury free for years now playing in phoenix. There is something magical going on over there in the valley of the sun.
    Good article about about PHX's staff and how they're different here

Ok, now his career is over. How the hell did this happen?

National High School Star vinsane01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Good article about about PHX's staff and how they're different here
    Interesting article. YUMS, the Young unorthodox medical staff. I wouldnt be surprised if in a few years, their method becomes the orthodox way of treatment, rehabilitation, maintaining health and preventing injuries. Every teams medical staff should just throw their computers away and use a goniometer.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Interesting article. YUMS, the Young unorthodox medical staff. I wouldnt be surprised if in a few years, their method becomes the orthodox way of treatment, rehabilitation, maintaining health and preventing injuries. Every teams medical staff should just throw their computers away and use a goniometer.
    I'm surprised it hasn't already, they've been doing it for years. Maybe some teams have started using some of Phoenix's methods and we just don't know, stories on NBA training staffs probably aren't much of a hit getter.

National High School Star vinsane01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    I'm surprised it hasn't already, they've been doing it for years. Maybe some teams have started using some of Phoenix's methods and we just don't know, stories on NBA training staffs probably aren't much of a hit getter.
    Yeah, I reckon their success and excellence is well known throughout the league, so i wouldnt be surprised if their way is slowly being adopted by the other teams.

Yeah it sucks for him, but people are stupid for trying to put more weight on him. lol. It's like yeah he's got bad knees so get in the weight room and put about 30 pounds on your upper body.

-Smak

Very sad indeed....

Quote Originally Posted by swi7ch
    Can anyone still say this guy is not Sam Bowie reincarnated???
    Sam Bowie played 500+ NBA games over the course of a decade, and at a fairly productive level.

So yes, it's easy to say Oden isn't Bowie incarnated.

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    Yeah it sucks for him, but people are stupid for trying to put more weight on him. lol. It's like yeah he's got bad knees so get in the weight room and put about 30 pounds on your upper body.

-Smak
    The first thing I thought when I heard he had another surgery. Portland's trainers seriously miscalculated with how they decided to handle Oden.

I seriously feel bad for Oden on a personal level. He has had more surgeries than any 20-something should have to endure. I know you love the game but you have to think about your on personal well-being.

If im not mistaken, Redd has played the most games, albeit limited minutes, since he had his injury. Grant hill has been injury free for years now playing in phoenix. There is something magical going on over there in the valley of the sun.

Hill played two full seasons of starters minutes in Orlando (04-05, 06-07), missing extended time the year in between with a shin injury, before coming to PHX. They've done a great job keeping him healthy, but much of that falls on Hill's tremendous dedication to rehab, diet, exercise.

Michael Redd's filling a roster spot where they wanted a veteran shooter for the nights Hill/Nash have to sit out. Playing 15 minutes here and there. Not showing much of anything.

Banned

Oden buddy ... call it quits.

thats way to many surgeries since leaving college, to have one limb be shorter than the other is just to much of a physical miscue to carry on like this.

im a superhero

oden had that type of game that translated well to the nba, which a lot of athletic centers cant put together. i mean look at deandre jordan. built like a machine, huge vertical, insane strength, yet even with minutes cant really put it together.

oden was on the verge of becoming the best big man in the nba. i remember his games against dwight and bynum, probably two of the strongest guys in the league right now, and he absolutely dominated them in terms of strength. it was incredible watching him get in the key and push into wherever he wanted to on the court against them.

sad to hear this. really want him to come back and give it another shot. miami, suns or magic imo would be great for him.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

I feel terrible for him. Hope he gets better, seems like a great and genuine guy.

is it possible the doctors screwed this guy's knee up ? .. this is getting out of hand .. how the heck were these knee problems not detected before ?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    Ok, now his career is over. How the hell did this happen?
    Easy---his body just isn't made for the physicality of basketball. It's like forcing a car to do off-road racing with broken suspensions. You can keep repairing it but it's going to fail every time because there is something fundamentally wrong with the car.

He has bad bone genetics.