Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 81516171819202128 ... LastLast
    DGARAS
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: Perkins to OKC, Green to BOS

i can see why boston did it, but still a dumb move.

perkins is the best 1 on 1 defender in this league. period.

Very good NBA starter

Long Post Ahead...

-Ainge wanted Jeff Green and drafted him in 2007. Doc wanted him as well..Tried to give every other asset to get him and trade for Ray Allen. Now we have ray allen and Jeff Green who is athletic, decent defender, and a guy who can easily be a 21-7-4 type player.

-Ray Allen has West and Wafer who are capable of scoring,and defending. Where is Pierces..Jeff Green will spell Pierce and the 4 a lot more. Nothing is wrong with pierce and having green will keep him fresh.

-Nate hit big shots.....Delonte west has hit big shots, and also made defensive plays. 6'4 PG who can swing and is very good defensively beats out what nate can do. Nate doesnt have his freakish athletiscm anymore and Danny decided to sell high.

-Perkins has become very overrated on these boards. the MVP of that defense is Kevin Garnett. People said our defense would suck when "guru" THibodeau left us for Chicago. This defense is elite because of KG's ability to cut off penetrators. Perkins was the last line of defense but KG is the one who stops Bron/Kobe/Wade to having an easy way. Perkins is counted on dropping 3-4 assists to layup passes a game. He's also slightly overrated defensively since Dwight has a better post game. He will be asking for 10 mill a year. He's got a ring. perkins wants to get paid.

-I love Erden,but essentially we swapped 2 similar players.

-Ainge is risky but he is not a dumb GM. I expect if we get Troy Murphy this will look better whos just as big as Perk and a better rebounder. Perkins was not a 11-12 rebound guy, hes a 8-9 guy who rarely offers blocks. Celtic Vets are more upset because he grew up around them and he and Rondo were great friends. Murphy/Kristic will catch those balls Perkins dropped and convert.

-this doesnt affect our matchups with Miami...or Orlando. Perkins was getting handled by Bynum as well.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DGARAS

^^ Hehe it all makes sense now... The lakers and OKC are designed to stop each other

Perkins to stop Bynum/Pau..Artest to stop Durant to an extent.. Thabo to stop Kobe to an extent
    Last edited by AJ2k8; 02-24-2011 at 09:09 PM.

Default Re: Celtics to trade Perkins?

I can see the Celtics motivation. Bringin in Jeff Green means they can play PP and KG less minutes, keeping them fresher for the playoffs and extending their careers, similar to what Len Bias could have done to Bird and McHale.

You know, they said they made this trade because they didn't want to pay Perkins. doesn't Green have get paid too at years end? He's a restricted free agent.

Quote Originally Posted by PP34Deuce
    Long Post Ahead...

-Ainge wanted Jeff Green and drafted him in 2007. Doc wanted him as well..Tried to give every other asset to get him and trade for Ray Allen. Now we have ray allen and Jeff Green who is athletic, decent defender, and a guy who can easily be a 21-7-4 type player.

-Ray Allen has West and Wafer who are capable of scoring,and defending. Where is Pierces..Jeff Green will spell Pierce and the 4 a lot more. Nothing is wrong with pierce and having green will keep him fresh.

-Nate hit big shots.....Delonte west has hit big shots, and also made defensive plays. 6'4 PG who can swing and is very good defensively beats out what nate can do. Nate doesnt have his freakish athletiscm anymore and Danny decided to sell high.

-Perkins has become very overrated on these boards. the MVP of that defense is Kevin Garnett. People said our defense would suck when "guru" THibodeau left us for Chicago. This defense is elite because of KG's ability to cut off penetrators. Perkins was the last line of defense but KG is the one who stops Bron/Kobe/Wade to having an easy way. Perkins is counted on dropping 3-4 assists to layup passes a game. He's also slightly overrated defensively since Dwight has a better post game. He will be asking for 10 mill a year. He's got a ring. perkins wants to get paid.

-I love Erden,but essentially we swapped 2 similar players.

-Ainge is risky but he is not a dumb GM. I expect if we get Troy Murphy this will look better whos just as big as Perk and a better rebounder. Perkins was not a 11-12 rebound guy, hes a 8-9 guy who rarely offers blocks. Celtic Vets are more upset because he grew up around them and he and Rondo were great friends. Murphy/Kristic will catch those balls Perkins dropped and convert.

-this doesnt affect our matchups with Miami...or Orlando. Perkins was getting handled by Bynum as well.
    Well said. Nate has only played well in select games.

People are forgetting how slow Perk was when converting points. Don't even ask about his post game. Still, he was great at camping the lane and to say he rarely blocks shots is a bad assessment. The guy had really good timing to make up for his lack of jump.

Certified ISHiot.

Glad I'm not the only one that sees the light. Would rep you if the button didn't disappear.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Perkins is an unrestricted this :2011

He could very well resign with Boston.
    Something to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by DGARAS

No...

Perk's a great defender no doubt. But he isn't exactly a beast on the boards and he doesn't block shots on a high rate. He's like Noah, highly intense player who hustles and play D. I'm more upset that the FO traded away semih and gody to be honest. Green's an automatic 17ppg guy in 20odd minutes imo, great backup for Pierce, even better than Marquis although 'Quis probably is better on D. Leta get this straight: KG is the defensive anchor of the team, NOT Perk.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Now we have ray allen and Jeff Green who is athletic, decent defender, and a guy who can easily be a 21-7-4 type player.

2012 I rep flatulence Cowboy Thunder's Avatar

I guess I'm worried about the Thunder.

I thought we had a good thing going getting 50 wins what looks like 2 seasons in a row.

Maybe we couldn't afford to keep Green, but I had no doubts we could seriously compete without a top big man.

Perkins seems like a B. Green seemed like a B+ turning into an A.

Very good NBA starter

When Erden was in our lineup our PickNRoll defense was actually faster when he paired with KG. I know Kristic is an average center and not as strong, but KG simply cuts penetrators off, all the C needs to do is contest the shot once they pick up the dribble.

Ive watched how our defense works. Pierce/Allen are encouraged to drive penetrator to KGs side..KG's job is to make sure they pick up that dribble into a turnover or to the center who contests the shot.

Its actually amazing to watch KG move laterally all over the court

NBA rookie of the year

This trade is baffling to me in terms of the Celtics' title hopes. Their size, of which Perkins was a BIG part, is what helped them match up against LA, and also gave them a clear advantage against Miami. Now? Not so much.

Banned

OKC is not a threat to LA out of 7 games, boston was only BC of perkins. Dwight is going to dominate the east against both miami and boston now.