Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-20-2018, 08:22 AM   #16
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Default Re: Comey Trump Memos released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
While Trump is no doubt a scumbag it still feels lame to me to release notes on all he said or did in meetings he felt were private.

If someone leaked what we all said in private who doesnt look like scum?

I glanced...hes talking about wired hotel rooms and rumors of hookers and all....eh.

It may be in bad taste but im not sure its anything we have a right as Trumps constituents to know. Plus its memos...not recordings.

Recordings would be more valuable here. Cant deny them. Someones recollections of what you said? All kinds of room to question that.

All told...in fairness....Trump probably gets a bad shake on whatever comes of this.

Its a bit of a bitch move. No doubt inspired by dick moves by Trump...but a bitch move anyway.

This
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 09:17 AM   #17
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
This
^^^
Snowflake

Newsflash for you tho, GOP leaked them.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 12:10 PM   #18
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
^^^
Snowflake

Newsflash for you tho, GOP leaked them.

Yeah, we know. So this was supposed to be another bombshell that will bring down the Trump presidency. And like all the other big bombshells it's turned out to be meh we already knew. But hey, keep your hopes up!
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 12:32 PM   #19
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Yeah, we know. So this was supposed to be another bombshell that will bring down the Trump presidency. And like all the other big bombshells it's turned out to be meh we already knew. But hey, keep your hopes up!

Only thing keeping him in office is the blackmailed GOP.

The memos weren't supposed to be THE bombshell that would bring him down. Either way, the GOP are the leakers.

The memos do give credence to timelines and once again show a pattern of lies by Trump. It gives even more insight and motives as to how corrupt Trump is.

Surely under a normal presidency this would be more than enough to cause an impeachment. But regardless, they give us a glimpse at what they're using to build a case.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 01:18 PM   #20
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

Quote:
Surely under a normal presidency this would be more than enough to cause an impeachment. But regardless, they give us a glimpse at what they're using to build a case.

I don’t even know what “this” you’re referring to.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 01:46 PM   #21
UK2K
NBA Legend

Quote:
Only thing keeping him in office is the blackmailed GOP.

The memos weren't supposed to be THE bombshell that would bring him down. Either way, the GOP are the leakers.

The memos do give credence to timelines and once again show a pattern of lies by Trump. It gives even more insight and motives as to how corrupt Trump is.

1. Comey Leaked The Memos To Prompt A Special Counsel In The First Place. After Comey’s firing, he leaked the memos to a “close friend” so that the press would see them, intending to prompt a special counsel investigation into his firing. The theory was that the memos showed that Comey was hot on Trump’s trail on the Russia investigation, and that Trump fired Comey in order to obstruct justice. Comey told the Senate Intelligence Committee in June 2017, “I asked a friend of mine to share the content of the memo with a reporter. I didn’t do it myself for a variety of reasons but I asked him to because I thought that might prompt the appointment of a special counsel.” But there’s nothing in the memos that suggests Trump was actually attempting to obstruct justice.

2. The Letter From The DOJ To Congress Suggests Portions Of The Memo Were Classified. Comey said he hadn’t broken the law by showing the memos to a third party, because they were unclassified personal “recollection.” But the letter from the DOJ to Congress states, “Therefore, pursuant to your request, we are providing the requested memoranda in both redacted and unredacted formats for your convenience. … The unredacted documents are classified, and we will provide those in a separate, secure transmittal to the House Security office tomorrow.” This seems to suggest that Comey was wrong about the level of classification the memos required, meaning he could have broken the law — although Comey says he only leaked one of the memos to his friend, and that one was unclassified.

3. The DOJ Seemingly Fibbed About The Importance Of The Memos. The DOJ refused to turn over the memos when requested under the Freedom of Information Act; they claimed that the release of the memos would interfere with the Mueller investigation. There’s nothing in the memos that seems to suggest this is true. And if it were true, why would the DOJ now release the memos to Congress, knowing full well that they would be leaked within minutes?

4. The Memos Don’t Suggest Obstruction. Upon release of the memos, Reps. Devin Nunes (R-CA), Bob Goodlatte (R-VA), and Trey Gowdy (R-SC) rightly tore into Comey. They stated that the memos “show the President made clear he wanted allegations of collusion, coordination, and conspiracy between his campaign and Russia fully investigated.” Furthermore, the memos demonstrate that Trump didn’t want the Russia election interference investigation ended, but the suggestion that he had engaged in lewd personal conduct. And as the Congressmen point out, “The memos also show former Director Comey never wrote that he felt obstructed or threatened.”

5. Comey Held Trump To A Different Standard Than Obama Officials. Comey has stated that he interfered in the Hillary Clinton email investigation in an unprecedented way because he felt that Attorney General Loretta Lynch had undercut the credibility of the DOJ. But he never wrote contemporaneous memos about it. He reserved that for Trump, as the Congressmen point out: “He chose not to memorialize conversations with President Obama, Attorney General Lynch, Secretary Clinton, Andrew McCabe or others, but he immediately began to memorialize conversations with President Trump. …These memos also lay bare the notion that former Director Comey is not motivated by animus.” Comey also never bothered to try to launch a special counsel investigation against Lynch and Clinton.

6. Comey Defended McCabe Repeatedly. Comey repeatedly defended his deputy FBI director Andrew McCabe from attacks by President Trump, and said that McCabe was professional. Now McCabe may be indicted for criminal activity for leaking material to the press without Comey’s permission or say-so.

The Comey memos don’t help Comey’s case. In fact, they hurt it rather badly. They don’t show us anything we didn’t already know, but they undercut the case that Comey was being pressured in any serious fashion by Trump. Trump isn’t wrong when he tweets:

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
James Comey Memos just out and show clearly that there was NO COLLUSION and NO OBSTRUCTION. Also, he leaked classified information. WOW! Will the Witch Hunt continue?

11:37 PM - Apr 19, 2018
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 09:29 AM   #22
Pointguard
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2K
1. Comey Leaked The Memos To Prompt A Special Counsel In The First Place. After Comey’s firing, he leaked the memos to a “close friend” so that the press would see them, intending to prompt a special counsel investigation into his firing. The theory was that the memos showed that Comey was hot on Trump’s trail on the Russia investigation, and that Trump fired Comey in order to obstruct justice. Comey told the Senate Intelligence Committee in June 2017, “I asked a friend of mine to share the content of the memo with a reporter. I didn’t do it myself for a variety of reasons but I asked him to because I thought that might prompt the appointment of a special counsel.” But there’s nothing in the memos that suggests Trump was actually attempting to obstruct justice.
He didn't make it public. He gave it to a friend, leak is a term here used only by republicans. If he didn't do it, it would have been suicide. The Republicans are attempting to destroy the Mueller investigation have made it public.
Quote:
The Comey memos don’t help Comey’s case. In fact, they hurt it rather badly. They don’t show us anything we didn’t already know,
Have you asked yourself where do we know it from?

Ironically, we know it from the dossier. It proves that the dossier was correct on things and that the Trump circle, well, they kind of have trouble with the truth with. Receipts and other evidence are now coming to light. The Cohen raid is proving this as well.

Quote:
[/b]Trump isn’t wrong when he tweets:

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
James Comey Memos just out and show clearly that there was NO COLLUSION and NO OBSTRUCTION. Also, he leaked classified information. WOW! Will the Witch Hunt continue?

11:37 PM - Apr 19, 2018

Its funny but Comey never said he showed his friend all of the memo's. They are wisihing he did.
T
Pointguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 09:41 AM   #23
Pointguard
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
While Trump is no doubt a scumbag it still feels lame to me to release notes on all he said or did in meetings he felt were private.

If someone leaked what we all said in private who doesnt look like scum?

I glanced...hes talking about wired hotel rooms and rumors of hookers and all....eh.

It may be in bad taste but im not sure its anything we have a right as Trumps constituents to know. Plus its memos...not recordings.

Recordings would be more valuable here. Cant deny them. Someones recollections of what you said? All kinds of room to question that.

All told...in fairness....Trump probably gets a bad shake on whatever comes of this.

Its a bit of a bitch move. No doubt inspired by dick moves by Trump...but a bitch move anyway.
But its a move done by loyal allies who don't have image as a concern because Trump doesn't care what he looks like. It's a taint the jury move but the President doesn't care or fully realize that the Stormy Daniels case can be used in tandem with this. Trump did have a concern about his wife hearing about the Golden Shower thing so I guess he gets a point there. But I'm sure he figures better to get caught being a dog than getting impeached as the president. The Evangelicals already look like hypocrites so why worry about pandering to them.
Pointguard is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: