Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2008, 05:05 PM   #46
Bulls08Champs
I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease
 
Bulls08Champs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 249
Default Re: Could LeBron beat a Jordan-led team with great talent around him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatest:Wilt100
the only thing matters is the Ring!!!!!!!
If Lebron will have stats like 35/10/9 during the playoff but without a ring, He can't never compare to MJ.

But IAMO, Lebron will be MJ's level.

You just totally contadicted yourself from the Duncan thread.
Bulls08Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 05:12 PM   #47
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Da KO King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,072
Default Re: Could LeBron beat a Jordan-led team with great talent around him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejordan
well didn't he jump over the moon to get a coke in that commercial? come on, man. we've got anecdotal evidence that he clearly could make it over tall building, though he may have needed a running start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
That or plenty of CG work :)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki
So based on your disdainful remark, you're suggesting that Lebron > Jordan?
No because that as I interpreted it "Michael Jordan < LeBron James" was not the point of the opening post. I interpreted the overall point to be if you replace the best perimeter player on any of Michael Jordan's Finals opponents with LeBron James that Jordan would not have six titles.

I don't see how that is such an absurd conclusion to come to. LeBron would play as well or better than everyone he'd be replacing.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 05:20 PM   #48
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!
 
dejordan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,093
Default Re: Could LeBron beat a Jordan-led team with great talent around him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King





No because that as I interpreted it "Michael Jordan < LeBron James" was not the point of the opening post. I interpreted the overall point to be if you replace the best perimeter player on any of Michael Jordan's Finals opponents with LeBron James that Jordan would not have six titles.

I don't see how that is such an absurd conclusion to come to. LeBron would play as well or better than everyone he'd be replacing.
even that isn't true. you lose stockton, magic, or payton and those are completely different teams. you lose drexler and yes you get better in terms of overall talent, but danny ainge is now your best shooting guard, and he has no backup to speak of. take out kj, and again, no decent pgs on the team. if chicago had played someone with a versatile small forward as its best player than yeah, bron would be better than that guy and help out, but those teams that they actually faced just don't fit james's game that well. except maybe portland, which is debatable (he also pushes everybody's main man jerome kersey to the bench - they lose clyde and kersey since bron's not going to chase jordan all game and neither is jerome. man who does cover mike? ainge? smells like 63 points.)

i made the suggestion that you could sub him for doc in the 1980 team and maybe get a title over la. that seems like a much better fit for a big sf with his slashing / finishing skills.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 05:29 PM   #49
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Da KO King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,072
Default Re: Could LeBron beat a Jordan-led team with great talent around him?

Magic Johnson, Kevin Johnson and Gary Payton all dominate the ball on the perimeter which is right up LeBron's alley. John Stockton's offense was based around the pick and roll which LeBron has gotten a lot better at using. The strongest part of Clyde Drexler's game back then was filling the wing on a fastbreak and LeBron is showing signs of learning to do that well.

By no means am I suggesting that these hypothetical opponents would for sure win but the idea that they would have no shot is beyond silly.

Last edited by Da KO King : 01-29-2008 at 05:32 PM.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 07:26 PM   #50
Loki
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,106
Default Re: Could LeBron beat a Jordan-led team with great talent around him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King





No because that as I interpreted it "Michael Jordan < LeBron James" was not the point of the opening post. I interpreted the overall point to be if you replace the best perimeter player on any of Michael Jordan's Finals opponents with LeBron James that Jordan would not have six titles.

I don't see how that is such an absurd conclusion to come to. LeBron would play as well or better than everyone he'd be replacing.

Fair enough, and it makes sense though I disagree.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 07:47 PM   #51
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Da KO King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,072
Default Re: Could LeBron beat a Jordan-led team with great talent around him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki
Fair enough, and it makes sense though I disagree.
More than reasonable. Like I said these hypothetical LeBron teams wouldn't be guaranteed a thing but they do have the ability to beat those 90's Bulls teams.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:50 AM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy