Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 11-26-2008, 08:46 AM   #1
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far
Default wake, unc, & the acc

wake forest has the most nba athletes of any team in the acc

james johnson is the best pro in the acc right now

unc's best nba player will be danny green
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 09:44 AM   #2
yobore
Great college starter

yobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: wake, unc, & the acc

Johnson and Aminu will be very good players

Teague on the other hand is the best NCAA player of the team but I don't know if he can make the transition he seems like Randolph Childress v. 2

I'm not sure which of their top recruit bigs will develop with all that other firepower.
yobore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 12:34 AM   #3
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far

I was actually going to put Danny Green in the draft stock thread. I have never said it on here, so people can say I never really though it, but I always thought Green would be a good pro. He is so solid in so many areas that he will find a spot. I still think Hansbrough could be a good pro as well, so I am not going to say he will be the best UNC player.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 11:30 PM   #4
Hoopladawg87
I brick open layups

Hoopladawg87 has an OK reputation so far

I have not seen Wake Forest play this season, but from what I have heard both Johnson and Aminu could be in the L this time next year. I am not quite sure both are ready for the nightly grind of the NBA, but they certainly have the potential.
Hoopladawg87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:43 PM   #5
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by monthh
I was actually going to put Danny Green in the draft stock thread. I have never said it on here, so people can say I never really though it, but I always thought Green would be a good pro. He is so solid in so many areas that he will find a spot. I still think Hansbrough could be a good pro as well, so I am not going to say he will be the best UNC player.

i believe you- same here, even as a backup you could say that green has always had alot of nba potential- i like handsborough just see him more as a 7-8th man in the nba- green could start for a long time- i thought he was the perfect pick for boston if he came out last year- maybe green moves up to 14-20 something this year??- ed davis is the only nc player w more "potential", we will see

johnson playing sf and teague playing pg is not only a great thing for their future nba career, i think its great for wake's chances this year- im also becoming a aminu fan, though if you watch it is clearly johnson & teague that lead the action- aminu needs a 2nd year (hopefully w this john wall fella)

i used to like duke, they imo are a joke since theyve started playing only gaurds- it will get them in the tourney again- "they" say unc 1 & duke 2 in the acc, but duke doesnt compare with unc or wake forest- i cant wait to see some unc/wake matchups- unc is already full steam ahead and very good- wake has along way to go but has the ability to be better than carolina

Last edited by CaptainOwlClub : 12-03-2008 at 11:23 PM.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:23 PM   #6
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainOwlClub

does nba draft .com or whatever have to put james johnson in their rankings before he gets recognition around here sorry for the sarcasm im just sick of seeing people still talking about bj mullins as some big top 5 prospect(mostly on the main board)- those draft sites are terrible- im sure mullins & earl clark are tearing it up
Johnson has to prove he can make that outside J before I start giving him too much credit.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:17 PM   #7
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

Danny Green is going to be the steal of the draft if he's picked past the lottery.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:33 AM   #8
tbp82
Can barely lace up my sneakers

tbp82 has an OK reputation so far

I have liked Green for a while to it just seems that nba scouts don't have much to say about him. They always talk up Lawson and Ellington. Hansbrough I personally like his game but just like Green scouts and NBA personell don't seem to care for him. Green looks like a starting 2/3 to me and I am basing this off his defense and his shooting ability. I could see him becoming the go to guy on a team in a Shane Battier kinda way. Tonight go guard Derrick Rose, next game go Guard Corey Maggette, next game you got Kobe. He can also bring a little offense in the role-player way like Battier. I am not sure Green could help a bad team get better but he could help a good team get great.

Hansbrough works his butt off and I can see him contributing to a team as well. He will help add depth to some teams bench.

Aminu I like a lot. He has great upside as a 3 in the nba. A lot people say he is like Luol Deng and I can see the comparison. He should be a solid player in the league.
tbp82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 10:48 PM   #9
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

teague is a lottery pick or higher- this years russel westbrook- could rise intop 5-10 is for sure top 14

james johnson needs to become more assertive on offense & defense, but is imo making a good (slow) transition to a perimiter play

fariq aminu is impressing me more & more as the season goes on- he should stay in school & i see him as a lock to be a top 5 or better pick next year

even the freshman woods showed something- mcfarland is also getting better & better at 7 ft-

wakes size & athletisism is tough on north carolina- teague is way better than lawson (& will be as a pro)

ellington for sure not a real nba player worthy of 1st rd pick- i dont think lawson is a 1st either- handsborough will be tiny in the nba as showed in the game w wake
Old 01-11-2009, 11:11 PM   #10
yobore
Great college starter

yobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat cool

Teague is easily their best player since CP. Great on offense and just as good on defense as well. Quick hands and uses his body well. He didn't do it in this game but from what I've seen on Youtube this guy can get up with anybody. Could be a Monta Ellis type player.

I would have liked to see a little more of Aminu and Johnson. Aminu's definitely got an NBA body and Johnson is an athletic freak, but really didn't show up much in this game except for that alleyoop.

NBA aside, that McFarland guy was the difference in the game. Maybe he can have a career in Europe.

And I think Green from UNC could be a good second round pick.
yobore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 09:07 AM   #11
demons2005
Local High School Star

demons2005 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsdemons2005 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsdemons2005 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsdemons2005 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsdemons2005 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsdemons2005 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

Don't bother with Wake these guys will not make good pros.

54% 3pt looks impressive until you see how he shoots the ball he has CP's flatfooted shot. Let's not forget Paul shot 47% in college before being exposed by NBA players who don't let you shoot 3 pointers flat footed.

Aminu looks like Marvin Williams all over again I can see him being picked top 3 next year and failing miserably as an NBA player.

Johnson just doesn't have any great skills. He's good but if you want to be in the NBA you have to be great.

Woods looks awful I don't get how draft sites can be high on him.
demons2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: