Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 12-16-2006, 11:47 AM   #1
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation
Default Clyde: I'll Reach Out To Steph

CLYDE: I'LL REACH OUT TO STEPH

December 16, 2006 -- INDIANAPOLIS - Knicks legend Walt Frazier told The Post he's trying to arrange a sit-down with Stephon Marbury to talk basketball and instill old-school values into the point guard's clouded mind.

Frazier, the greatest guard in Knicks history, might just want to hand Marbury his new book - called "The Game within the Game" - on their plane ride home after their 112-96 loss to the Pacers last night.

"It's about old-school values having been lost in today's game," Frazier said of his book. "The lack of work ethic compared to when I played. It's why free-throw shooting is so bad."

Everyone is trying to assist Marbury, experiencing the roughest patch of his career. Last night, coach Isiah Thomas yanked Marbury three minutes into the second half because of defensive lapses. He finished with six points and one assist in 231/2 minutes.

Marbury's numbers are way down and he has been booed relentlessly at the Garden, where the Knicks play tonight against the Nuggets. Magic Johnson said Wednesday at the Garden he also wants to chat with the Coney Island Kid. The talk hasn't happened yet, and Johnson may have said what he did just to get some publicity.

Frazier said Marbury is struggling handling adversity; a main theme in his book is that the new generation is coddled so much it can't deal with tough times.

"I think Steph sometimes gets a bad rap," Frazier said. "Sometimes he sees me on the plane, points at my championship ring and says, 'I want one of those.'

"This is the first time he's gone through this type of adversity in his basketball career."

Marbury said he'd rather not discuss the hostile fan reaction.

"I have started out slow and I will pick it up," Marbury told The Post. "And when I do, I will make sure that I stay on."

Marbury is averaging a career-low 10.5 points, partly because he's being asked first to pass to Eddy Curry in the post. Frazier said Marbury should take more advantage and attack.

"Curry should make him better," Frazier said. "Curry gets doubled, it should open it up for him. It's an advantage, not a disadvantage."

But as Marbury pointed out, he needs Curry to give the ball back.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 08:37 PM   #2
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

It isnt going to help.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: