Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

Default If you had to pick: Grizzly Bear vs. Silverback Gorilla

Who'd win?

Silverback Gorilla has the strength, speed, and agility

Grizzly Bear has the size and weapons

Default Re: If you had to pick: Grizzly Bear vs. Silverback Gorilla

id say the bear also the claws alone put the bear over the top, Im also talking Grizzly and or Polar bear.

Id say they'd be the same strengthwise

this thread ahs happened before...I think ISH had the silverback winning...

it was after the chimps mauled that old lady...

we also had a thread on a silverback vs. the entire Green Bay Packers rosters...(or some NFL franchise)....and we also determined that the silverback would kill the entire team...lol

He shoots, he bricks. Mr. Grieves's Avatar

Silverbacks occasionally have been recorded at 5' 11'' and 510 pounds in the wild.

Male grizzlies on average weigh between 500-1000 pounds!

Grizzlies have bigger jaws, huge sharp claws and the weight advantage.

Gorillas have freak strength for their size, especially in their arms. Their body design, and having thumbs, would make them more adept in close combat grappling. Bears arms aren't as articulate and their muscles are designed more for digging and running motions. Gorillas also have some big sharp canines in their mouth too, a bite wouldn't be ineffective.

Gorilla's are also far smarter. If a gorilla was wise enough to take a hefty boulder and smash it into a bear. I'd give it to the gorilla. If not the sharp weapons of the bear might give it the edge in the wrestling match.

Local High School Star zabuza666's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DaHeezy
    Who'd win?

Silverback Gorilla has the strength, speed, and agility

Grizzly Bear has the size and weapons
    have you ever seen a silverback gorilla's teeth?

Gorilla in a landslipe, infact i'm hard pressed to think of an animal that would beat a silverback in a fight

Quote Originally Posted by zabuza666
    have you ever seen a silverback gorilla's teeth?

Gorilla in a landslipe, infact i'm hard pressed to think of an animal that would beat a silverback in a fight
    Hippo?...maybe too slow.

Silverback

Sheek Louch

Blu Ray

I actually read up on this a few months ago when I started using the "like a silverback gorilla" line. Since there's several different bears, and we're using probably the biggest and strongest gorilla, we must use the Grizzly Bear. And the GB has an advantage is almost every single physical category there is. A full grown silverback is not even half the size of a full grown grizzly bear, so there's size advantage for the bear. Gorilla's are mostly vegetarians, a bear is not, so there goes the thought of a gorilla using his teeth.

SB's are thought to be violent and ferocious animals when they're actually incredibly peaceful, the pounding of the chest is traditionally just for show, when a bear is acting violent towards an opponent, he means it, he's genuinely upset and wants to kill the other animal, so attitude and purpose goes to the bear. A bear will almost never back down, gorillas will. Both are very powerful, too close to tell. Bears have claws, gorillas have fingernails: advantage bear. Bears are very fast animals, gorillas aren't. Gorillas are actually smarter than bears by a long-shot, however the bear is not a natural opponent, so intelligence doesn't come into play.

Really, the only advantage I can think of in favor of the gorilla is stamina and agility. And those aren't very useful advantages when the gorilla doesn't use blow tactics like biting or clawing. What's the gorilla gonna do? Jump on the bears back and nuggie it to death?

Grizzly bear wins quite easily.

Silverback is not beating a Grizzly Bear unless the Grizzly Bear was chillin a rain forrest. Which is unlikely to ever happen. Only way a gorilla is winning is homefield advantage. I bet if you put both in front of each other it would be a bunch of posturing. Both lookin at each other and defending. I cant really see one attacking the other. But if it were to happen? A Bear is just bigger. How exactly would a gorilla go about attacking a grizzly Bear? Sure its smart but we all would be going off of movies and a bunch of maybe false perception of the animals. They are intimidating by look. They have had movies where they went psycho. But they probably are some chill ass animals.

They definately arent going around bullying and b!tch slapping other animals. Are either confrontational? I dont even know but I wouldnt be surprised if they werent. I think unless you invade their space and pose a threat do they attack. I could be wrong. I'm just going by what I think as opposed to looking/reading up on both animals. I mean I'm not crossing paths with either in my lifetime. So no need to read up on them.

But if i had to pick its the Grizzly Bear.

If we're going by influnces of movies and crap? Then the gorilla would jump into trees then as the Bear looked around the gorilla would land on its back and sink teeth in. Then the Bear bodyslams it off its back and slaps the gorilla. Both are sitting there bloody, breathing heavily then they just smoke some marijuana.

Intelligence. Gorilla wins.

Also, a gorilla will stand its ground on principle. A grizzly is just looking for an easy meal. There are plenty of meals that will come easier than a silverback gorilla. Same reason cats dont mess with squirrels. The cat would probably win, but eh, no thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic
    Intelligence. Gorilla wins.

Also, a Gorilla will stand its ground on principle. A grizzly is just looking for an easy meal. There are plenty of meals that will come easier than a silverback gorilla. Same reason cats dont mess with squirrels. The cat would probably win, but eh, no thanks...
    When has a gorilla used intelligence to take out an animal of another species? So a gorilla intelligence will size up the Bear and the surrounding area then use it to its advantage? It would say to itself "Self i'm smaller so if I want to win I want to get quick attacks inside and move. If I can get the bear off balanace? Awesome!".

Like what intelligence is being used by the gorrila in this situation? I'm curious.

I rule the local playground Birmingham1955's Avatar

Bear they outweight a Silverback by hundreds of pounds

After reading a little bit, it seems the kodiak bear is a 10 feet 1500 pounds predator who can take multiple magnum bullets without effect.

While the silverback is a 6 foot 500 pound creature who eat vegetables.

It's like Earl Boykins vs Shaq. Except without their brain and only instinct.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

I don't get how any of you are even picking the gorilla. If they are both standing on the ground, which they would be how is the gorilla going to hurt the bear? If he charges him he's going to take the equivalent of four knives to the face, and then the bear is going to maul the gorillas head(the bear is at worst equal strength and it weighs a lot more).

Grizzlies rise and stand straight up when theyre about to fight at six and a half feet or more while the gorilla ranges in the mid fives for height. The gorilla literally wouldn't be able to even reach the bears neck or head.

And any intelligence factor is canceled out since a gorilla has never dealt with a bear before. I'd pick the bear easily.