Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 06-17-2007, 02:07 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

Default Could Bulls chase Kobe?

The Los Angeles Times and Riverside (Calif.) Press-Enterprise, citing sources, reported that in a meeting with Lakers owner Jerry Buss on Friday in Barcelona, Spain, Bryant had reiterated the trade demand he first made three weeks ago. The Press-Enterprise, again citing sources, said Bryant, the only NBA player with a no-trade clause, has a three-team wish list that includes the Bulls and Knicks. For now, the Bulls are working under the assumption the Lakers have no desire to deal their nine-time All-Star guard. That stance is supported by a statement Buss released two weeks ago. Chicago Tribune

But depleting the roster of multiple assets like Luol Deng and Ben Gordon to match Bryant's $19.5 million salary likely would give general manager John Paxson pause. The Bulls first impressed Bryant when Paxson and club Chairman Jerry Reinsdorf met him and agent Rob Pelinka in Newport Beach, Calif., on July 6, 2004, the summer of Bryant's free agency. Chicago Tribune
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 02:29 PM   #2
netdoc
Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Re: Could Bulls chase Kobe?

I don't think L.A. will trade Kobe. There isn't a player "available" that L.A. can get close to a fair deal and they won't deal him without a star player in return.

There are two rumors out there now:

Marion for a resigned Luke and another player (presumably Kwame) and the #19.

O'Neal/Murphy for Lamar/Bynum/Kwame.

I hope they don't do the deal for Lamar. The Marion deal is lopsided for L.A. so they may demand another player (Bynum?) in return.

Netdoc.
netdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 05:00 PM   #3
LA.MJ&KB#1
Decent college freshman

If I was Mitch I wouldn't trade LO or Bynum if Kobe is shipped out of town. Chicago has the packets we need to go along with our talented young core.

Truely we wouldn't need JO in LA now.
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 05:10 PM   #4
traditionone
I rule the local playground

I'm going to listen to all the trade rumors out there because I can gauge whether or not the F.O. is going to trade Kobe or not based on those. If all of a sudden, the Lakers pull out of trade talks with the Pacers, Kings, and whovever else has veteran talent available, I'm going to take that as an indicator that the Lakers are changing directions and will explore trading Kobe to Chicago. As long as the Lakers are looking at trading for Jermaine O'Neal, Ron Artest, and others like them, Kobe's staying.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 05:19 PM   #5
LA.MJ&KB#1
Decent college freshman

That would be a strong indicator. Sounds like all talks so far with the Pacers has came to a complete stop anyway, we haven't heard anything about Artest over a month in talks some maybe management is headed in shipping Kobe? Next week want be long coming.
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 07:31 PM   #6
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

PREDICTION:
Mgmt caves in to a less-than-desirable trade:

Gordon, Noci (s&t), PJBrown (s&t), #9
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 07:33 PM   #7
ZeN
Stormblessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by traditionone
I'm going to listen to all the trade rumors out there because I can gauge whether or not the F.O. is going to trade Kobe or not based on those. If all of a sudden, the Lakers pull out of trade talks with the Pacers, Kings, and whovever else has veteran talent available, I'm going to take that as an indicator that the Lakers are changing directions and will explore trading Kobe to Chicago. As long as the Lakers are looking at trading for Jermaine O'Neal, Ron Artest, and others like them, Kobe's staying.

Is that not what we just recently heard when JO talks stalled because the Lakers did not want to part with both Bynum and Odom?
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 07:34 PM   #8
ZeN
Stormblessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
PREDICTION:

It would be sick if the lakers made a trade that did not include Gordon and Deng!
Old 06-17-2007, 08:14 PM   #9
Laker's Future
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
PREDICTION:

That's not funny!!!!

Like Zen said Gordon and Deng and the 9th pick and Wallace or Brown to make the Salary match!!
Laker's Future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 11:45 PM   #10
gts
shhhhhhh

well here's the thing now, the lakers have the power over kobe, he wants a trade so he has to waive his no trade clause, the lakers can demand he also waive the clause that says kobe has the ability to void any trade he doesn't deem suitable... it's being said on the news 980 am that thats what the lakers will demand from kobe or there will be no trade and he'll be forced to stay in LA...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 12:21 AM   #11
ZeN
Stormblessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
well here's the thing now, the lakers have the power over kobe, he wants a trade so he has to waive his no trade clause, the lakers can demand he also waive the clause that says kobe has the ability to void any trade he doesn't deem suitable... it's being said on the news 980 am that thats what the lakers will demand from kobe or there will be no trade and he'll be forced to stay in LA...

As well he should, if hes making such a ruckus and fussing to get out of here then he has to let go of the contract clauses... I mean he says he still respects the lakers well... now is the time to display that respect..
Old 06-18-2007, 12:41 AM   #12
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by netdoc
I don't think L.A. will trade Kobe. There isn't a player "available" that L.A. can get close to a fair deal and they won't deal him without a star player in return.

There are two rumors out there now:

Marion for a resigned Luke and another player (presumably Kwame) and the #19.

O'Neal/Murphy for Lamar/Bynum/Kwame.

I hope they don't do the deal for Lamar. The Marion deal is lopsided for L.A. so they may demand another player (Bynum?) in return.

Netdoc.

Kobe pretty much said he ain't playing no more. It's time to face the facts that we should trade him now so we can possibly get Luol Deng and Gordon instead of waiting later for New York's trash.

If we keep Odom and Bynum, and trade for Ben, Gordon and Deng....It allows Odom to play a lot of point passing to a slashing Deng for buckets....I can imagine them going big. Odom then wouldn't have to go to Indiana and stay here as he wishes.

Bynum will now have to show why he's come here to LA. We brought him with a high pick for one reason, to soon take over as the man and he can do it. He has all necessary tools

This deal also gives us depth which is something we struggled with for a while...finding depth.

Kobe, I love ya...but Im a laker fan. I hope you win championships in chicago.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 12:44 AM   #13
ZeN
Stormblessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Kobe pretty much said he ain't playing no more. It's time to face the facts that we should trade him now so we can possibly get Luol Deng and Gordon instead of waiting later for New York's trash.

If we keep Odom and Bynum, and trade for Ben, Gordon and Deng....It allows Odom to play a lot of point passing to a slashing Deng for buckets....I can imagine them going big. Odom then wouldn't have to go to Indiana and stay here as he wishes.

Bynum will now have to show why he's come here to LA. We brought him with a high pick for one reason, to soon take over as the man and he can do it. He has all necessary tools

This deal also gives us depth which is something we struggled with for a while...finding depth.

Bravo and Kudos you just stated everything I was pondering on.

If everything is executed correctly.. we may finally become a competitive team.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:53 AM   #14
gts
shhhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak

perfectly said, lakerfreak...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: