Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Do you travel in the left lane? If so, do you get out of the way for people behind u?

Quote Originally Posted by Phong
    According to statistics from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and the Department of Transportation (DOT), Asians are 3 times less likely to be involved in accidents than Whites, Blacks and Hispanics. Hispanics lead the pack in terms of DUIs, hit-and-runs and vehicular manslaughter. Who's the menace?
    Makes sense.

Default Re: Do you travel in the left lane? If so, do you get out of the way for people behind u?

It's definitely annoying when you have a left lane camper, but can't you just pass them in the middle or right lanes?

I don't like to tailgate, as it seems extremely dangerous so I'd prefer to pass on the right and hopefully they get the hint.

No law on it here in Maine, but I haven't seen too many left lane campers on the highway.

One exception to this annoyance is in heavy traffic times, if all the lanes are relatively clogged you can't expect the left lane to stay clear, and it makes it more difficult for people to get back to the middle lane.

Personally, I try to get out of the left lane as quickly as possible as someone will most likely be on your ass within 30-45 secs. I prefer to cruise at around 5MPH over the limit.