Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 06-24-2009, 06:28 PM   #16
roth15syr
I brick open layups

roth15syr has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Lance Stephenson to FIU a possibility

something thats been bothering me for a while is with flynn devendorf and harris all leaving SOMEWHAT unexpectedly, why doesnt boeheim take a chance on a high impact player like stephenson for a yr? were gonna be awful next yr
roth15syr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 08:07 PM   #17
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

TheGame414 has decent reputationTheGame414 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by roth15syr
something thats been bothering me for a while is with flynn devendorf and harris all leaving SOMEWHAT unexpectedly, why doesnt boeheim take a chance on a high impact player like stephenson for a yr? were gonna be awful next yr
Probaby for the same reasons no one else is recruiting him. If his legal and eligibility issues get resolved this summer it could be a different story. But even if that was the case I don't know who wants the baggage he comes with.
TheGame414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:50 PM   #18
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

A.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputation

According to Rivals, only Memphis and Florida International are still recruiting Mr. Lance Stephenson.

Um, yeah, the world doesn't revolve around you son, college coaches won't wait forever you stupid sod. Like, why the **** would a sexual harrassment trial have prevented him from committing to a school? And what was stopping him from picking a school before the sexual harrassment ****? He's too good to commit to choose a damn school? No college coaches offering him enough money? The lighting wasn't right at his "McDonald's All-American Game press-Conference"?

Especially for a kid with so very many flaws, both as a player and as a human being. If this was Lebron James we were talking about, yeah, any college coach with a shot at him would still be recruiting, but Lance is not a program changing recruit, he is a ball-hogging prima donna who doesn't play defense and blames his mistakes on teammates, and generally has been groomed to think that any team he is on must revolve around him. Plus he is utterly convinced he is a one-and-done to the NBA.

This despite the fact that all he is is a 6'5 SG with good athleticism and scoring ability. He is not Kobe or MJ, **** he probably isn't even Nick Young or Rodney Carney. Simply put, he is not good enough to act the way he does. The fact that he only has two college options left available to him is evidence of that, most college coaches don't even want him any more. There aren't even any hard-luck, power conference bottom-feeder type teams trying to get him. Just Memphis and ****ing FIU.

He simply is not a big enough talent to be worth the bull**** you would have to put up with for however many years he was in your program, and most coaches have moved on to recruiting for 2010 at this point anyways. And NBA GMs and coaches will be even less willing to put up with it.

Not only will he be a bench scorer in the NBA at best (this assuming his immaturity and ego don't make him a useless and unemployable player), he will probably not even be a winner at the NCAA level because his poor attitude and selfishness will not allow him to make significantly improve Memphis or FIU. All he will be is a scorer, even at the college level. Memphis still has lots of talent though, and that's were I expect him to go, so he might still do alright in college.

He does have scoring talent and decent (not great) size and athleticism for an NBA SG, so I think he will be drafted to the NBA at some point and if he snaps out of this idea that he is already a superstar (being a high-school star does not make you a successful pro) and can play the right way he could even be a decent NBA rotation player. But I really, really, REALLY doubt he will be good enough or demonstrate enough maturuity to be a one-and-done for the 2010 draft, unless he is OK with being drafted late-first or in the second round.

Anyways, my general opinion is that this kid is an idiot, or those "handling" his recruitment are idiots, and I honestly will kind of enjoy watching him flame out and fail miserably. Maybe it will teach some of these other young basketball stars to smarten the **** up. Lance, nobody outside of NYC gives a rat's ass what you did in high school, you haven't proven ****.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: