Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: CEO threatens workers jobs if Obama is reelected

Quote Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
    Heaven forbid a guy building a 300 + million dollar mansion have to fire his employees because he doesn't want to overpay for the special marble his wife wants in the bathroom, even though he is still making his money. That poor man.
    This is all relative. Our living standards are better than the majority of the world. Poor generic American who is making 30k this year instead of 40k. I guess you can't buy your Ipad or eat out every weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by yobore
    Amazing how many CEO's this year don't understand that their taxes are based on what they made after their expenses, which include paying their employees. Lower or higher taxes doesn't play into how much a company expands or lays off its employees. It is all about demand.
    Well there's profits (which you are referring to) and profits after taxes. Taxes are a expense.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by ALBballer
    Well there's profits (which you are referring to) and profits after taxes. Taxes are a expense.
    OK but the idea that they can't afford to keep their workers because of higher taxes is what I'm talking about. They can argue that it reduces their incentive to grow (though I doubt it actually does in 99% of cases and the historical record shows that the economy has done very well with much higher taxes than we have currently), but higher taxes doesn't make it so they can no longer afford to keep people hired.

Quote Originally Posted by yobore
    OK but the idea that they can't afford to keep their workers because of higher taxes is what I'm talking about. They can argue that it reduces their incentive to grow (though I doubt it actually does in 99% of cases and the historical record shows that the economy has done very well with much higher taxes than we have currently), but higher taxes doesn't make it so they can no longer afford to keep people hired.
    It might mean they can make more money doing something else though. If taxes knock their profits down to 1 million from 1.5 million, they might say screw it.. I'd rather just invest my money and save the time. Know what I'm saying? Opportunity cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    The legal system is the reason free market can work. There at least needs to be some minimum tax rate on corporation and businesses in order to maintain the legal framework that gives credibility to financial systems and markets.
    Not to mention that this is just nonsensical
    The government has introduced the political influence themselves by taxing the corporation.
    The could have chosen to threaten his employees because of how they would vote on abortion or war with Iran and the principle is the same, it's anti-democratic.

Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer? johndeeregreen's Avatar

There's really no way to spin this. Whether or not Obama's policies would lead him to the decision to cut jobs is irrelevant; this is the United States of America FFS. You should be able to go to work and not receive veiled threats against your job unless you vote a certain way. Personally I feel any workplace memorandum discussing political views is unprofessional, but since he was obviously hellbent on doing this, he couldn't have just outlined why he felt Romney's policies would be better for the company on the whole? Instead of saying that if Obama is elected you can start to fear for your jobs? Come on.
    Last edited by johndeeregreen; 10-22-2012 at 01:26 AM.

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    The legal system is the reason free market can work. There at least needs to be some minimum tax rate on corporation and businesses in order to maintain the legal framework that gives credibility to financial systems and markets.
    Ok. Doesn't make my post any less true. Government influences how companies operate. Can't blame the business. It starts at the government.

Quote Originally Posted by Balla_Status
    Ok. Doesn't make my post any less true. Government influences how companies operate. Can't blame the business. It starts at the government.
    I'm really not getting your point.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Balla_Status
    Not exactly Hawkboy, corporations actually wield greater influence on government than the other way around, taxation and regulation is a small part of the big picture, and they are accounted for the same way as any other road block while building or operating a business.

Presenting these government implementations as company killers is nonsense, there are many more difficult challenges that businesses face.