Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: 08-09 Brandon Roy vs 2012-2013 Harden

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Roy had a nice post-up game too. I think he was just a much more versatile scorer than Harden and his effort on defense was way better.
    His post game was decent. His off the dribble game, craftiness, and jumper was off the charts. His innate feel for the game, when to put his team on his shoulder and take over with his scoring was that of the greats like Jordan, Kobe, Bird, Wade, and West. Shame what happened to his knees. He'd probably be the game's best SG now. I definitely rather have him than Harden. Pretty sure his intangibles, and intelligence were superior as well.

Harden doesn't even belong in the same discussion.

Harden!

Oh wait I thought yall were talking about right now. Yeah it's Roy then.

Maeru Perinawa Achali TaLvsCuaL's Avatar

Beyond the talent Roy had charisma and leadership, two things that Harden lack.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    His post game was decent. His off the dribble game, craftiness, and jumper was off the charts. His innate feel for the game, when to put his team on his shoulder and take over with his scoring was that of the greats like Jordan, Kobe, Bird, Wade, and West. Shame what happened to his knees. He'd probably be the game's best SG now. I definitely rather have him than Harden. Pretty sure his intangibles, and intelligence were superior as well.
    His craftiness and use of his dribble honestly reminds me of Steph Curry a bit. Not the shooting obviously but the grace that they play with is similar. I definitely agree about his feel for the game and the big moment too.

Roy was really something special to watch before the knees went bad. He was clearly the #3 SG in the league behind Prime Wade and Kobe at the time. Sad because he would of been the best SG in the league by now.

Banned

Roy would be the best SG in the league today if not for injuries. He had it all and played some hardcore Killer Instinct in the arcades. One of the few times that stupid ass term has meaning.

If this tells you anything prime Roy would be the best team on the current Blazers. He was the best player I've ever seen play for Portland. He could do it all. Just check what Kobe said about him.

clearly roy

Thread has been done before, answer is still Roy.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Harden. Brandon Roy was easily the most overrated player. One of the best aspects of Roy's game was his craftiness, which Harden beats him at. Harden got to the line what, like 10 times per game that season? Looking like Manu out there. Harden averaged 6 assists per game that season too, if your rounding up. Roy was the smarter player but I like Harden better at breaking down the D. Roy was always below average defensively too. He was deceptively athletic and can throw down but his footspeed was lacking. Atleast Harden forces turnovers.

Equal at rebounding, comparable passers but Roy has a higher IQ, Harden is the better shooter and scorer. Harden deff makes more mistakes, best part of Roy's offensive game was he always did the right thing. Defensively I'd take Harden too. Harden scored more points that year than Roy ever did in his entire career, taking similar amounts of shots per game too. Roy was clutch and had a few big hero shots but not enough to make it up.

Last but not least we all forget how TERRIBLE Brandon Roy was away from the ball. Easily the worst part of his game. Without the ball he was useless, take away Harden's knee's and his shooting and craftiness still helps him knock down 14-16 a game probably. Without the ball Roy sat by the 3 point line for 24 seconds.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Roy certainly.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    Roy. Roy also doesn't have a stupid beard which no one finds cool anymore.
    Can't believe I agree with you on something.

Harden had better stats but Roy was the overall package. If Harden played more defense and added more leadership I'd pick him over roy obviously. 26/6/5 with defense and leadership > 22/5/5 with defense and leadership

Since Harden doesn't play d, I'll have to pick Roy

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    Can't believe I agree with you on something.