Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Local High School Star MightyWhitey's Avatar

Default Mirage Men, a documentary on the UFO "phenomenon"

http://www.miragemen.com/statement.html

The genesis of Mirage Men
    By John Lundberg

It was 20 March 2003. Just past midnight I placed a call to Washington to speak to 'Don' a CIA Analyst at the The Directorate of Science and Technology.

The call was part of my research for a documentary I was making about a latter-day Walter Mitty character. He had a habit of cold calling high ranking military and intelligence officials to try to glean nuggets of information relating to esoteric subjects such as crop circles, ufos and mind control. It turned out to be a very long... and very strange... phone call.

Just over two hours in Don told me to turn on my TV and switch to one of the rolling news channels, just in time to see the first bombs dropping from stealth fighters onto high value targets in Baghdad.

As I watched I said "Don... surely you have more important things to do right now than speak to me about crop circles and UFOs?!"

"Forget about the film you're making John, you're wasting your time. You should make a film about Rick Doty, he's a far more interesting character, we've been trying to get to the bottom of what he's been up to for years now, maybe you'll have more luck".

"Me? But you're the CIA..." my thoughts trailed off.

"Rick Doty?" The name rang a vague bell.

"He has a network of very devoted and senior supporters" said Don "If he's not a criminal... he's involved in some very serious government-related activities..."

I stayed silent. The phone call came to a close sometime around 4am in the morning.

Don signed off, "...Unfortunately the answers will not come easy nor in a transparent format. Good hunting!" click.

The next morning after a sleepless night I met up with my friend the writer Mark Pilkington to digest the phone call with him over breakfast:

"What do you know about Rick Doty?"

Mark took a large gulp of his tea...

"In a nutshell all I know about Doty is this...

In the early 1980s Doty had worked for the US Air Force Office of Special Investigations, a sort of internal FBI for the Air Force. Working as a Special Agent Doty become embroiled in one of the strangest espionage campaigns of the post war era. His job was to deliberately inject absurd UFO rumours into the conspiracy underground to throw Russian spies and overly-curious Americans off the trail of genuine top secret military projects.

Doty's disinformation campaign destroyed careers and drove some of its victims insane. His tall tales came to be believed by millions of ordinary people as the hidden truth behind the modern era's greatest mystery."

That morning we decided to take Don's advice and make a film about Doty. A chance encounter on a train brought filmmaker Roland Denning and artist Kypros Kyprianou on board to help put the pieces together and clear away the fog of disinformation. Nine years later, Mirage Men is that film.
    This is the link to the trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6naKTTuBq14

And I am going to bet there will still be people on ish who will say that this documentary is nothing but a lie and that the US gov't is still "hiding the truth about Aliens and UFO's"

Default Re: Mirage Men, a documentary on the UFO "phenomenon"

Quote Originally Posted by MightyWhitey

And I am going to bet there will still be people on ish who will say that this documentary is nothing but a lie and that the US gov't is still "hiding the truth about Aliens and UFO's"
    I loved it. It definitely opened my eyes. The documentary really helped me with clearing things up, im usually very skeptical (but at the same time im a believer) about ufo related things i see or read. Definitely made it easier for me to recognize bullshit and the same time it was fascinating to get a glimpse of how "secret services' proceed with such cases. Recommended.

PS: available on PB, been waiting for it for months

The blog had this video posted - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF0uLnMoQZA of a spherical flying machine which could be mistaken for a UFO.

Banned

The blog had this video posted - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF0uLnMoQZA of a spherical flying machine which could be mistaken for a UFO.

say what homo ?

Quote Originally Posted by Shabba Ranks
    say what homo ?
    I'll write it in ebonics so you understand. Yo foo they be no lil green bruthas flyin an sh!t. The Man gon don make that sh!t up.

Quote Originally Posted by Shabba Ranks
    say what homo ?
    Date of Birth:
    November 19, 1978

Banned

I'll write it in ebonics so you understand. Yo foo they be no lil green bruthas flyin an sh!t. The Man gon don make that sh!t up.

so ur agreeing u a homo rite ?

Not even close. UFOs have been reported to miles long and traveling faster than the speed of light.

It is not a secret there is a disinformation campaign. This video further proves hacks like the guys from ancient aliens, steven greer, alex jones, are secretly bank rolled by the government all along.

And the premise is stupid as hell. If the government has advance technology and wanted to keep it top secret then why go through the trouble of pulling off an elaborate hoax in front of millions to trick them that they are from another planet and not from the government?

That makes absolutely no sense. Why not just *cough* keep it a secret *cough*

Banned

ufos dont exists guys

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    Not even close. UFOs have been reported to miles long and traveling faster than the speed of light.

It is not a secret there is a disinformation campaign. This video further proves hacks like the guys from ancient aliens, steven greer, alex jones, are secretly bank rolled by the government all along.
    It's possible but I don't see the gov't having a long list of conspiracy theorists in its payroll just to spread disinformation. Guys like Alex Jones does the gov't a favor without getting paid by them.

And the premise is stupid as hell. If the government has advance technology and wanted to keep it top secret then why go through the trouble of pulling off an elaborate hoax in front of millions to trick them that they are from another planet and not from the government?

That makes absolutely no sense. Why not just *cough* keep it a secret *cough*
    It's possible that they used the technology(ies) to spy on other countries and to gather intelligence. It actually makes a world of sense.

It's possible but I don't see the gov't having a long list of conspiracy theorists in its payroll just to spread disinformation. Guys like Alex Jones does the gov't a favor without getting paid by them.
    Alex Jones is a fear mongerer and many people view him as hurting their views more than helping. He embellishes claims, makes up lies, and pretty much wants everybody to shoot up the government, which is actually antithetical to the people who are sincere with the conspiracy stuff.

Then we have ancient aliens and Steven Green who water down the ufo phenomenon. They focus on a lot of circumstantial evidences that can easily be discounted and throw in unsubstantiated facts to prove their claim. They set themselves up for failure and it looks like they are doing it on purpose since there are so many stronger cases of ufos they could be taking on.

The guys who speak the truth are already dead (Bill, Kayla, Spector)