Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-12-2014, 06:02 PM   #31
KevinNYC
Perfectly Calm, Dude

Default Re: What to do when you have diarrhea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMERE
I will definitely be eating lots of fruits too.

Not all fruits help, berries will make diarrhea worse

Quote:
How to relieve diarrhea
These things may help you feel better if you have diarrhea:

Drink 8 to 10 glasses of clear fluids every day. Water is best.
Drink at least 1 cup of liquid every time you have a loose bowel movement.
Eat small meals throughout the day, instead of 3 big meals.
Eat some salty foods, such as pretzels, soup, and sports drinks.
Eat some high potassium foods, such as bananas, potatoes without the skin, and fruit juices.
Ask your doctor if you should take a multivitamin or drink sports drinks to boost your nutrition. Also ask about taking a fiber supplement, such as Metamucil, to add bulk to your stools.

Your doctor may also recommend a special medicine for diarrhea. Take this medicine as your doctor told you to take it.

Eating when you have diarrhea
You can bake or broil beef, pork, chicken, fish, or turkey. Cooked eggs are also OK. Use low-fat milk, cheese, or yogurt.

If you have very severe diarrhea, you may need to stop eating or drinking dairy products for a few days.

Eat bread products made from refined, white flour. Pasta, white rice, and cereals such as cream of wheat, farina, oatmeal, and cornflakes are OK. You may also try pancakes and waffles made with white flour, and cornbread. But don't add too much honey or syrup.

You should eat vegetables, including carrots, green beans, mushrooms, beets, asparagus tips, acorn squash, and peeled zucchini. Cook them first. Baked potatoes are OK. In general, removing seeds and skins is best.

Some desserts and snacks to try include Jell-O, popsicles, cakes, cookies, or sherbet.

Things you should avoid eating or drinking
You should avoid certain kinds of foods when you have diarrhea, including fried foods and greasy foods.

Avoid fruits and vegetables that can cause gas, such as broccoli, peppers, beans, peas, berries, prunes, chickpeas, green leafy vegetables, and corn.

Avoid caffeine, alcohol, and carbonated drinks.

Limit or cut out milk and other dairy products if they are making your diarrhea worse or causing gas and bloating.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 06:58 PM   #32
East_Stone_Ya
Gentleman Desperado

eat some bread
East_Stone_Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 09:05 PM   #33
EMERE
Serious playground baller

**** my dudes looks like what I ate earlier didnt body well. Been going to the restroom whenever I hear my stomach rumble, the thing is that My stomach doesnt even hurt, it just rumbles, and after I sit down on the toilet its SPLASH

**** man why doesnt it stop. What the **** is wrong, might start taking imodium now
EMERE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 09:18 PM   #34
MavsSuperFan
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
**** my dudes looks like what I ate earlier didnt body well. Been going to the restroom whenever I hear my stomach rumble, the thing is that My stomach doesnt even hurt, it just rumbles, and after I sit down on the toilet its SPLASH

**** man why doesnt it stop. What the **** is wrong, might start taking imodium now
eat bananas, drink water, Eat bread, good luck

seriously though, if it is like this for a couple of days, maybe go to the ER
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 09:20 PM   #35
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:

Doesn't sound like diarrhea sounds like something else now more seriois. You bout to die, told you earlier.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 09:28 PM   #36
EMERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
eat bananas, drink water, Eat bread, good luck

seriously though, if it is like this for a couple of days, maybe go to the ER
**** yes I will go if this doesnt go away. Honestly Im not scared scared, but it just seems so unusual to me since I rarely if ever have diarrhea.

I dont know if you've had it, but are these things that Im describing even related to diarrhea?
Old 07-12-2014, 09:29 PM   #37
EMERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Doesn't sound like diarrhea sounds like something else now more seriois. You bout to die, told you earlier.
nooo bro dont even joke about that
Old 07-12-2014, 09:34 PM   #38
MavsSuperFan
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
**** yes I will go if this doesnt go away. Honestly Im not scared scared, but it just seems so unusual to me since I rarely if ever have diarrhea.

I dont know if you've had it, but are these things that Im describing even related to diarrhea?
Yes, I have had diarrhea before.

Mild cases when i have really spicy food

One really bad case of food poisoning. (bad fish)

Dealt with it with food and water.

Your chances of dying are slim. People who die of diarrhea typically live in 3rd world countries where access to clean water and food is difficult.

You probably have unlimited water, and bananas, etc. You will be fine.
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 12:38 AM   #39
shlver
코비=GOAT

Quote:

Yeah, take the immodium which will help keep food in your intestine longer so more water can be absorbed and it'll make the bathroom trips less frequent. Eat what you can tolerate but resort to liquid diet if you can't tolerate anything. Seeing a doctor is unnecessary unless you see blood in your stool, feel intense abdominal pain, develop a fever, or feel like you're about to die. The doctor will just suggest you take immodium and tell you to bring him four different stool samples taken over a period of two days. Usually symptoms get better or clear up by then because most do not return with stool samples. Since you aren't reporting pain, it doesn't seem very serious and symptoms should get better in a couple of days.
shlver is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: