Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Great college starter SyRyanYang's Avatar

Default Re: Can anyone on this site beat JJ Barrea 1on 1?

How many guys here can actually back him down though, let alone make a shot? Dude's built like a bull.

Boozer and Lebron Fam CarlosBoozer's Avatar

I'll whoop his midget ass

Local High School Star

You'll never truly appreciate how good NBA players are until you see them play against non-NBA players with 100% effort...

That said, no, no one on this board could beat him 1 on 1 unless he simply decided to be nice and let someone win.
    Last edited by midatlantic09; 09-11-2015 at 02:35 AM.

Boozer and Lebron Fam CarlosBoozer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by midatlantic09
    You'll never truly appreciate how good NBA players are until you see them play against non-NBA players...

That said, no, no one on this board could beat him 1 on 1 unless he simply decided to be nice and let someone win.
    He's kicking ass in FIBA

Defenses are designed to stop this dude in international competition yet he scores anyway. Unless you're a borderline nba player he probably beats you everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    Yeah, a few days ago I went hard with this guy for a few games 1 on 1 and he had like 4 inches in reach on me. Backed me down time and time again and I was pretty much at his mercy down low. Length and height is a huge factor 1 on 1. There is no double you have to worry about. Just back down the smaller guy and shoot over him.

Serious question - have you ever seen JJ Barea defend a bigger player, besides that Bron flop gif?

I'm not saying the best people here wont even score on him. But let's be real. I'm putting $100 on Barea against anyone on this forum easy. I'd do it 100/100 times, and most nights I'd be walking away with 10 grand.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by SyRyanYang
    How many guys here can actually back him down though, let alone make a shot? Dude's built like a bull.

If you have a significant height advantage, just back him down as much as you can then turn around and shoot a high arching shot. Either it goes in or youre probably gonna get the rebound. And how is he gonna score on you? Just sag off him and block anything he goes to the basket with. If he tries to shoot over a much taller defender hes bound to miss sometimes, and you can snag those rebounds too.

I understand some people here might not be very athletic so its not hard for them to imagine a smaller person beating them. But anyone with above average athleticism would have to have a hard time imagining someone 7 inches shorter than them beating them in basketball. I know I do.
    Last edited by Akrazotile; 09-11-2015 at 02:50 AM.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie43
    Defenses are designed to stop this dude in international competition yet he scores anyway. Unless you're a borderline nba player he probably beats you everytime.

In international competition he can pass the ball off if hes about to get rejected.

In one on one you cant do that.

He literally could just run past you for free layups or open threes. This guy scores agianst 7 footers with 36 inch verticals. austin rivers who is terrible in the nba averaged like 35 points in highschool.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    If you have a significant height advantage, just back him down as much as you can then turn around and shoot a high arching shot. Either it goes in or youre probably gonna get the rebound. And how is he gonna score on you? Just sag off him and block anything he goes to the basket with. If he tries to shoot over a much taller defender hes bound to miss sometimes, and you can snag those rebounds too.

I understand some people here might not be very athletic so its not hard for them to imagine a smaller person beating them. But anyone with above average athleticism would have to have a hard time imagining someone 7 inches shorter than them beating them in basketball. I know I do.
    It wouldn't be that easy to back him down honestly. He might not be big, but I think he'd have enough strength to make it difficult for the average ISH'er to just 'back him down'. And yeah, you can sag off of him on D, but leave him too open and you're giving practice jumpers to an NBA level player. He's not going to give you many to rebound

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by bigt
    It wouldn't be that easy to back him down honestly. He might not be big, but I think he'd have enough strength to make it difficult for the average ISH'er to just 'back him down'. And yeah, you can sag off of him on D, but leave him too open and you're giving practice jumpers to an NBA level player. He's not going to give you many to rebound

That's true, and maybe I'm overestimating the amount of tall, competent ballers on ISH. I'm assuming there have to be some dudes here that actually competed at a decent level of college or semi pro and would just overwhelm jj with size. I mean I know this site has actual pro's that lurk, and I'm sure there are former college players as well, but maybe not among active posters right now

I would shit on him.

Quote Originally Posted by triangleoffense
    Learned the flop game from da bess. Stern had already ruined the league by 2012
    That's no flop, your weak bitch made ass would go flying out of the ****ing arena if LeBron pushed you away like that.

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    Lebron showing some Wilt-like strength.

Great college starter SyRyanYang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    That's true, and maybe I'm overestimating the amount of tall, competent ballers on ISH. I'm assuming there have to be some dudes here that actually competed at a decent level of college or semi pro and would just overwhelm jj with size. I mean I know this site has actual pro's that lurk, and I'm sure there are former college players as well, but maybe not among active posters right now
    Former college players who hasn't played anything competitive in years isn't gonna cut it.