Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

Default Re: Things to do in Cali...

That is fcking awesome.

Sure you put him on a flush or even A-higher kicker but I'm mad at you folding that

Was your heart thumping away?

Main table with kid poker, i think i would be nervous, although you've been playing days non stop at that point so maybe no more nerves to give...

Banned

STEP 1:

Never refer to California as 'Cali' unless you're a ****.

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~
    That is fcking awesome.

Sure you put him on a flush or even A-higher kicker but I'm mad at you folding that

Was your heart thumping away?

Main table with kid poker, i think i would be nervous, although you've been playing days non stop at that point so maybe no more nerves to give...
    It's just so rare for him to check raise me with a naked gut shot there, he plays a lot of small ball pots and rarely goes out of line. The turn I always check because I'm in great shape there, and I'm pot controlling always expecting to call all rivers. But he decides to bet 80% of the pot which is pretty sick actually, polarizing his hand to basically missed straight or a set or flush. So I think it's a bit tougher than most people would think. And also my image at the table was pretty nitty so I would think he would give up on his bluffs once I call flop there

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by macmac
    It's just so rare for him to check raise me with a naked gut shot there, he plays a lot of small ball pots and rarely goes out of line. The turn I always check because I'm in great shape there, and I'm pot controlling always expecting to call all rivers. But he decides to bet 80% of the pot which is pretty sick actually, polarizing his hand to basically missed straight or a set or flush. So I think it's a bit tougher than most people would think. And also my image at the table was pretty nitty so I would think he would give up on his bluffs once I call flop there
    Yeah after the check raise on the flop I would have put him on several things before a straight draw. When you called he probably put you on close to what you actually had.

I don't blame you for folding... Watching it though it's like "just call, come on man!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rondooooooooooo
    Rough

When he checked on the turn I would have went hard at him...but then again on the big stage I probably would have played it safe as well. Couple hundred is the most I've bought in with, so I can't speak to high stakes like this.
    You don't want to go hard because you're making him fold all the hands that you dominate, all his lower spades that he can call a value bet if it falls. He's never calling turn with worse which is why you should pretty much always check there

River I should most likely call there but it's his sIzing that threw me off. He played it well...I spoke to a lot of great players about the hand right after it happened and they told me they would lay it down. Obviously on TV it looks different with cards face up
    Last edited by macmac; 02-28-2016 at 01:42 AM.

Visit Yosemite or Seqouias or both. I'll upload pics soon. Am still here at Seqouias at a lodge

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Been to the Bay Area multiple times. Cousins grew up near Oakland in a rough part of town in the late 90s (a lot of stickups/robberies happened where they grew up). Place was too wild to really go out at night as kids to hang out with our older cousins. Went out back then for my cousins birthday party who was a teen at the time.

Went back when I was in my teens and in my 20s, way more fun. Nappa is fun, San Jose has a great nightlife, San Fran is cool too. A lot of good food places around there. Cousins now live in a nice area outside of San Fran. I've seen some huge Bay Area mansions too. Most of the cities are chill and safe. Oakland and Stockton (the only two cities that are still reasonably dangerous, San Jose used to be rough back in the day but I've heard it's gotten much safer now and only has a few sketchy areas in terms of nightlife) are way better now then what they were in the 1990s when I visited. It's arguably the only place I could see myself settle in outside of the Northeast.
    Last edited by NBAplayoffs2001; 02-28-2016 at 01:33 PM.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Went to LA in the mid 90s, barely remember any of it. So I can't say much about that.

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    Visit Yosemite or Seqouias or both. I'll upload pics soon. Am still here at Seqouias at a lodge
    That's a great idea, been reading that it's an amazing drive from San fran to vegas through yosemite and Death Valley but we would only have Friday and early Saturday so not sure if that's long enough to make it worth the huge detour and drive. What do you think? Also if you only have one night to stop between the two cities, where should you stay?

Pretty dope (poker video).

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fdF5ucxJGok

You can see him bluffing me here. Later on we get it all in ak vs my 77s to double him up and cripple me. He ended up 11th I believe that hand was huge for me, A on board with 3 clubs I have the 7 of clubs, you can also see it on YouTube somewhere
    Imagine if you didnt know who mac was and someone tells you 'that guy right there is registered on insidehoops, he's an OTCer'

dope

That's a great idea, been reading that it's an amazing drive from San fran to vegas through yosemite and Death Valley but we would only have Friday and early Saturday so not sure if that's long enough to make it worth the huge detour and drive. What do you think? Also if you only have one night to stop between the two cities, where should you stay?
    It's a very scenic drive. If you only have time for one park, I'd visit Yosemite. The sheer beauty of it is ridiculous. I have some gopro footage of both parks and some of the drive up there so when I get home I'll try to upload it.

Btw, both parks has many visitors, in particular a lot of hot asians.

Illinois > Cali

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    Illinois > Cali
    Cool, thanks. Maybe I'll go visit when the Bulls are relevant again.

How are the roads highwey? Is it gonna be tough for me to get there with a rental suv? Heard you need chains

Cool, thanks. Maybe I'll go visit when the Bulls are relevant again.

How are the roads highwey? Is it gonna be tough for me to get there with a rental suv? Heard you need chains
    There were signs up that indicated chains were needed but I drove my truck in 2 wheel drive mode throughout the park without any chains. I have the stock "off road tires" which are essentially a regular tire that Toyota and Goodyear tried to pass of as a legitimate off road tire. I witnessed plenty of sedans and suv's make the the trip without any chains. If it makes you feel safer, get an suv with AWD ~ an AWD suv will go through snow without chains with ease. They do a great job of keeping the road clear of the remaining snow.

Just arrived home, I'll upload the gopro video as soon as I can.

I very much recommend the trip.