Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 04-19-2009, 09:42 PM   #1
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Default Nets 2008-2009 Season Awards

Co MVP's: Devin Harris and Vince Carter

Both were extremely important for basically all of our wins. It was close...so close, they have to share this award.
ROY: Easily Brook Lopez!

The Nets got extremely lucky drafting this young True Center. best ft% for a rookie center at 83%...
SMOY: Keyon Dooling

Soo much energy and his 3pt shot was really clutch...Such a good bench player that I am sure the Magic miss and contenders want.
Biggest Suprise:Devin Harris

The pic shows exactly what I mean...seriously, who thought he would have been an allstar? I thought he would have averaged 18 if he was lucky...I was REALLY Wrong!
Biggest Dissapointment:Yi Jianlian

I thought have would have done pretty good in NJ with his nice medium range J, Devin or VC could have dished out to him....Confidence was a HUGE issue.
Clutchest Shot:Devin Harris

By far the best shot/heave I have ever seen
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:22 PM   #2
Rockbttm88
There is no dark side

Default Re: Nets 2008-2009 Season Awards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
Devin Harris

By far the best shot/heave I have ever seen

Really best shot you've ever seen? I'll admit it was cool, but really?

Not a bad post overall, just a bit on the obvious side. (co-mvps.. Harris/Carter )
Rockbttm88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:43 PM   #3
gigantes
A piece of fluff

the jarvis hayes award

won in a close race this year by jarvis hayes himself, representing an excellent all-around sub or "seventh man of the year".

joe the popcorn guy

worked long and hard to make sure that every fan had an equal number of kernals in their bag.

the CD-read/write award

awarded annually to the player whose initials are a popular type of media format. also, to the player who represents the biggest untapped upside going into next season. (we're still deciding who gets it this year)

gorilla head johnson

kept the fans in section 305 entertained during those rare moments when the nets weren't playing well.

object of fan wrath award

a very close race between the "most scorned coach", lawrence frank, and the "most despised owner", bruce ratner. so we're going to have to hacksaw the award in half and give them each a 55% share.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 07:24 AM   #4
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockbttm88
Really best shot you've ever seen? I'll admit it was cool, but really?

Not a bad post overall, just a bit on the obvious side. (co-mvps.. Harris/Carter )
Well considering I really only watch Nets games...this was the best shot I ever saw (live)

BTW: I was not trying to make a good post.....Trying to wake up some fans thats all.

Feel free to add you own
@gigantes the popcorn guy was pretty clutch
Old 04-20-2009, 10:39 AM   #5
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Best Shot to me was Carter's reverse jam in Toronto. It was like a celebratory middle finger to the idiots in Toronto booing him. The ridiculous three to send the game into overtime is also worth a mention. Hell, it really was the best game this season. Coming down big at half time to win it in OT. Playoff atmosphere, people booing Vince... It was fantastic.

Vince is clearly the MVP of this season. Not Devin.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:47 PM   #6
Rockbttm88
There is no dark side

Best Reason To Watch Pre-Game Show:

Rockbttm88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:18 PM   #7
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
Best Shot to me was Carter's reverse jam in Toronto. It was like a celebratory middle finger to the idiots in Toronto booing him. The ridiculous three to send the game into overtime is also worth a mention. Hell, it really was the best game this season. Coming down big at half time to win it in OT. Playoff atmosphere, people booing Vince... It was fantastic.
Those were really good + shocking plays...VC stepped up and that annoying Toronto Announcer **** his pants. But I think that since the kind of buzzer beater Harris hit was so rare, it wins the Award...VC's was awesome though(both)
Quote:
Vince is clearly the MVP of this season. Not Devin.
Well you can argue many things...like Devin puts up more points and asts, Devin was an allstar, and won us a lot of games in the fourth quarter...(against the Suns, Jazz, Kings, and other teams) plus his two bb's against the Pacers and 76ers.
Vince Played a lot more games. put up almost the same stats but a little it less...won us probably a little bit more games than Harris, but is pretty inconsistent throughout the season... The woke up during our playoff hunt...
^The reason I made co mvp's...if the nba can make co's in an allstar game, I can here ;)
Old 04-20-2009, 11:45 PM   #8
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Quote:
Those were really good + shocking plays...VC stepped up and that annoying Toronto Announcer **** his pants. But I think that since the kind of buzzer beater Harris hit was so rare, it wins the Award...VC's was awesome though(both)

Eh, I was amazed at the shot, but not so much the moment. What VC did was on a bigger stage, had more meaning, and more was on the line. I also think the pressure was way bigger.

Quote:
Well you can argue many things...like Devin puts up more points and asts, Devin was an allstar, and won us a lot of games in the fourth quarter...(against the Suns, Jazz, Kings, and other teams) plus his two bb's against the Pacers and 76ers.
Vince Played a lot more games. put up almost the same stats but a little it less...won us probably a little bit more games than Harris, but is pretty inconsistent throughout the season... The woke up during our playoff hunt...
^The reason I made co mvp's...if the nba can make co's in an allstar game, I can here ;)

Simply put, we cannot win games without VC. We suck without Devin, but we've won games. Since the VC trade, we haven't won a game where he's missed. We need him in the worst way.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:00 PM   #9
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Quote:
Simply put, we cannot win games without VC. We suck without Devin, but we've won games. Since the VC trade, we haven't won a game where he's missed. We need him in the worst way.
Well...You can't really say that untill VC misses a big stretch like Harris did...VC is never really out an extended amount of time
Old 04-26-2009, 09:49 AM   #10
gigantes
A piece of fluff

nets play-by-play man of the year (yes!) (double entendre!)

mister marvin albert. father of this NY rangers announcer:

nets color man of the year

michael fratello, distinguised war veteran and not to be confused with nicholas II of russia.

some stupid animal that wandered into the arena but nobody has the heart to kick out

unknown guy in a furry costume that's been showing up since 1997.

angry woman

something to do with a season ticket deal that she allegedly paid for and didn't receive.
we already lost one reporter trying to get details and we're not going to risk a second one, sorry.

executive of the year award

this man was a sensational high school and college star who was selected #2 in the 1963 NBA draft. his name starts with "rodney" and ends with ...

unfortunately his voice was completely shot in this interview and he looked every bit of his 68 years. but still, his moves turned us from petrified dog crap into overachieving excellence in motion.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRtminIoLMo
Old 04-26-2009, 11:47 AM   #11
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Quote:
Well...You can't really say that untill VC misses a big stretch like Harris did...VC is never really out an extended amount of time

Just watching the games too has proven to me that VC is the more important deciding factor to winning games. He's the better facilitator, he's a more efficient offensive player, and he's better at the end of games. Devin has yet to learn to pace himself throughout the game. At times he just comes out with all he has at the start but then begins to tire out by the end of the game and start making bad decisions. It's an experience issue.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:35 AM   #12
Rusty
Host of a Nets podcast

lmao... Nic, that is just pure comedy gold!

I'm not sure if you know who that is, in the gorilla suit in the last picture of your first post of this thread, but if you do... MAJOR kudos.

Just my two cents....

MVP: Devin Harris & VC (I agree with NF93 here)
ROY: Brook Lopez (unlucky not to be named the NBA's rookie of the year, though he understandably finished behind Rose in my opinion.... having said that, I'm VERY disappointed he finished third behind Mayo)
6th: Jarvis Hayes (his ability to score in the most key of moments gives him this honor over Keyon in my opinion)

Biggest surprise: Devin Harris, obviously
Biggest disappointment: Josh Boone & Sean Williams. I've given up on them, as has management by the sound of things. Yi still has a chance to prove his doubters wrong I think.

Favorite moment: VC's game winning dunk against the Raptors. I love it when he beats his former team off his own shot (which he has made a habit of). Raptors fans are right up there with Lakers fans in terms of being the most detestable, in my opinion.
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 01:55 PM   #13
gigantes
A piece of fluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty
I'm not sure if you know who that is, in the gorilla suit in the last picture of your first post of this thread, but if you do... MAJOR kudos.
sorry, mate... all i know is, he's from 'stralia and made the perfect gorilla suit picture.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:34 AM   #14
Rusty
Host of a Nets podcast

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
sorry, mate... all i know is, he's from 'stralia and made the perfect gorilla suit picture.
He's one part of famous (in Australia and New Zealand, at last) radio comedy duo "Hamish & Andy". He's Hamish Blake.
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: