Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789
    Banned

Default Re: 1986 Larry Bird vs 2012 LeBron James

86 Bird is like the image you think of when putting Bird in the GOAT top 10 list. His absolute peak, and imo, not many can challange this year.

I think you are talking about the best SF's peak value wise of all time flat out. And in terms of a GOAT list, I still got LB number one. But Bron is at worst number 4 on a GOAT SF list. But his peak value, three MVP's, and revolutionizing his position could have him number two already on the GOAT SF list. Bron has already been in three Finals, getting a Clevland team that had no business being there to the dance. MOST GUYS at 27 usually don't have any business being in the top five GOAT of their respective positions. But if u are MJ, Kobe, Magic, Bird, Shaq, Kareem, or Bron level, u can shoot up the charts in an epic manner. Point being is this, Bron is gonna pass Bird by VERY SOON on the GOAT SF. By the time Bron is 30 and barring injury, Bron will be a clear lock for GOAT SF and in the top 10 players of all time.

In terms of who I would pick it's damn near a tossup. These guys are so different but yet very similar. Numbers wise in terms of points, boards, and dimes, they are damn near twins. The main differences are scoring skillset, defense, and athletic ability. And I feel Bird has the ultimate killer clutch gene. But for me I gotta lean to Lebron narrowly. The difference is the defensive end of the court and the way Bron can actually play PG if needed on both ends of the court. Bird could pass just as good as Bron in the halfcourt or stationary position. But off the dribble and running a fast break, Bron has the vision and pace of the best PG's to do it.

But I would NEVER argue one taking Bird over Bron! It's just hard for me to go against guys like MJ, Bron, and Kobe who are freak athletes, great scorers, great passers, great defenders, and great rebounders relative to their positions. I feel Wade is on that level as well. I think if G Hill would have stayed healthy he would have been on that level. U would be hard pressed to find 10 NBA players in history perimeter wise who give u all of that. Bird and Magic give u three outta ffive which is epic as well.

NBA lottery pick

7-time NBA All-Star

Lebron took the top three 1st options in the conference and put them on 1 team (Lebron, Wade, Bosh), so Bird would have to team up with MJ and Isiah to match Lebron.. Or simply adding Jordan to McHale would equal Wade/Bosh

Local High School Star

Different point here that I'm about to make, but Larry Bird was definitely way more fun to watch than LeBron James .