Page 46 of 153 FirstFirst ... 36434445464748495696146 ... LastLast
    I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease KrispyKreme0's Avatar

Default Re: Illinois Fan Thread.

I was promised doughnuts, where they at?

JazzyBully
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

at tim hortons or krispykreme lol heheheh im so funny

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JazzyBully
    hehe i think illini is the worst team in life ye. its all about me the champ yall
    Ughh..

This is a FAN thread. If you don't have anything good to say then don't say anything.

[COLOR="White"]Stupid trolls...[/COLOR]

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

wtf is this? it has to be a gimmick.

echo484
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

I'm pretty sure they're the same worthless person. They've been doing this **** all over the forums. How do you report someone?

NBA rookie of the year IlliniFan's Avatar

From Paul Klee's blog:

Bill Richmond, the father of Illinois commitment Jereme Richmond, spoke with Jerrance Howard earlier this week, shortly after Howard was hired as an assistant on Bruce Weber's staff.

"He communicates well. He's got a lot of energy," Richmond said today by phone. "I think he's going to do a good job. I think it's just a really, really good fit for the program. He knows the program, the coaches, the school. All of that is important. The experience he has with the university is important."

The Richmond family was closest with Howard's predecessor, Tracy Webster, who left the UI for a post at Kentucky. Bill Richmond said the family followed news of the coaching search due to their connection with the school. But the assistant coaching hire had no bearing on their level of commitment, he said.

"Naturally, we were interested in what happened, who they hired. But the commitment we made is to the University of Illinois," Richmond said. "I love coach Weber. I think he's an excellent coach; an excellent coach. But if that's a statement you are going to use, that you are committed, it's a commitment to the school.

"Sure you have to connect to the staff. That's important. But the University of Illinois is the University of Illinois. There's no other reason but that (for why they followed the coaching search)."
    Sounds good to me.

We are in Mark Mclaughlin's final 3. He's a good, 4 star shooting guard from Washington. The other two are Nevada and Oregon. Nevada is apparently the favorite but lets hope Jerrance and company can persuade him to play in the midwest.

Decent playground baller ThaKing's Avatar

sweet

Decent college freshman TheGame414's Avatar

Yep, that's exactly what we need. An arena full of pink. If it's even full. That'll get the recruits fired up.

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

I know this might be a little OT but it does belong in this thread, but, looks like Zook is finally putting together the season we all envisioned. With a 3-1 record (we coulda been 4-0 though if it weren't for a crazy fumble at the GL) we are halfway to securing a bowl game. I know the schedule doesn't get easier from here on out but it is a good time to prove ourselves and with 3 of the next 4 big games being at home and against good teams (PSU, WISC, MICH), we can definately begin to prove ourselves. We played both PSU and WISC very very tough last season on the road and could've won those games but stuff happens and hopefully the players who lost those games (Juice Williams, I'm talking to you against WISC when you had a wide open player for a TD that you overthrew) can find revenge and use it as a tool.

Very interesting Illini Madness this season. I've never seen one before so I'll have to youtube it to see how good it turns out.

We beat Penn St. 27-20. Unbelievable..We got Wisconson coming next I believe. You guys think we have a realistic shot at winning the big ten?

Never been a big football fan, but this is awesome. I'm wondering if there really will be controversy between McGee and Juice.

In Klee's Corner on page 3 of the Sunday Sports section under -

What they said -

"The 2009 class, it seems, has players scattered all over the city (of Chicago). D.J. Richardson (a player at Peoria Central) is probably the best player in that class. He's probably the best player, I would say. I look for D.J. to commit to Illinois before the season".
    Larry Butler

Illinois Warriors AAU coach on the immediate impact of assistant Jerrance Howard at Illinois.
    Saw this on another board. Hope this prediction comes true..

Decent college freshman TheGame414's Avatar

I don't trust Larry Butler, but he was a big fan of the Jerrance Howard hire, so I hope that bodes well for us. As much of a scumbag as he is, having him on our side could get us back to Big Ten/national contention by the time Jereme Richmond is here.

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    Never been a big football fan, but this is awesome. I'm wondering if there really will be controversy between McGee and Juice.
    I don't think so. Juice was ineffective in the second half- again- but it was largely as a result of us losing the field position battle big-time in the second half, in my opinion.

Even though he's struggling throwing the ball right now, Juice does an excellent job managing the spread-option and is on the same page with Arrelious. I wouldn't mind Eddie McGee getting a couple series a game- maybe with Juice still on the field as a Slash-type threat- but that's it.

For that matter, with McGee's speed, you could do the same thing with him.

Anyway, that was by far the most fun I've had at Memorial Stadium since 2001 (though the comeback against Rutgers in 2005 was pretty sweet in Zook's first game). Amazing second half from our defense. I want to have Arrelious Benn's babies. Martez Wilson is getting more snaps on defense every week, and he's singlehandedly transformed our kickoff coverage unit.

Can't believe we're 2.5 point favorites against Wisconsin this week. They're beatable, though. Either way, it's shaping up like a fun season.

Can't believe we're 2.5 point favorites against Wisconsin this week. They're beatable, though. Either way, it's shaping up like a fun season.
    Really? Wow.