Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Have you ever dated a girl you thought you had no chance with?

Question up there^

Default Re: Have you ever dated a girl you thought you had no chance with?

well not dated, but im pursuing a girl that i know i have no business pursuing

Ya in high school. I remember I heard she liked me and I thought people were messing with me. She was so beautiful and awesome. Honestly I still think about her. The one that had to be a painful lesson instead of a happy ending.

rank sentamentalist

just about every time so far

NBA Superstar

Oh yes. Buckle up, for it was not one of my finest moments.

I was 18 working at a country club in Ann Arbor. There was a beautiful girl working there as a tennis instructor. Lebanese-American heritage, great personality, good values, soon-to-be engineering major at the University of Michigan. Early on in the summer, she initiated small talk, ultimately leading to her inviting me to the club's massive 4th of July Celebration later that evening. She gave me her phone number without me doing much of anything to deserve it. That was the first time 18-year-old Rake was like, "Maybe she's interested.... no, probably not."

I showed up to the 4th of July thing. She had a guy alongside and two female friends. As we walked as a group, she'd ask prodding questions about whether I had a girlfriend, whether I smoked or drank, etc. Then, after her two female friends turned back around, it was just me and the guy and this girl sitting on a blanket watching fireworks while he tickled her and talked about cheesesteak hoagies. Awful.

Walked back to our cars. We were heading back to her place, where many were gathering. She stopped me, motioned toward cheesesteak guy and said, "Just so you know, I'd never date someone like that." Went back to her place, I ended up playing a weird early 90's computer game on her PC. Didn't know what I was doing. She came over and helped me by placing her hand over mine on the mouse.

Days later, she showed up to my graduation party unannounced and knocked all my family members off their feet with her looks, smarts and warm personality. Finally, we set up a movie date and things rolled from there... kind of.

She had many male friends (like hoagie guy) so I constantly felt like I was nothing more than that. Culminated in a great date night shortly thereafter, out on the town, watching a movie at Top of the Park, just generally carousing and whatnot. When I brought her back to her house, we said our goodbyes while she had her arms wrapped around my neck with my back pressed against my car door. We locked eyes, I remember kind of rubbing her thigh a little, time passed, and... I did not go for the kiss... because I still didn't think I had a chance. Also, I am retarded. We just awkwardly hugged again and that was it.

Things kind of fizzled from there. She enrolled at U of M that fall and that was all she wrote. A shameful showing in hindsight, but I tell myself it provided me with invaluable experience. Young Rake...

TL;DR: Yes, she threw many signs. Went straight over head because didn't think I had chance. Subsequently blew a sure thing in spectacular fashion.
    Last edited by Rake2204; 10-08-2014 at 09:33 PM.

rank sentamentalist

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    Oh yes. Buckle up, for it was not one of my finest moments.

I was 18 working at a country club in Ann Arbor. There was a beautiful girl working there as a tennis instructor. Lebanese-American heritage, great personality, good values, soon-to-be engineering major at the University of Michigan. Early on in the summer, she initiated small talk with me, ultimately leading to her inviting me to the club's massive Fourth of July Celebration later that evening. She gave me her phone number without me doing much of anything to deserve it. That was the first time 18-year-old Rake was like, "Maybe she's interested.... no, probably not."

I showed up to the 4th of July thing. She had a guy alongside and two female friends. As we walked as a group, she'd ask prodding questions about whether I had a girlfriend, whether I smoked or drank, etc. Then, after her two female friends turned back around, it was just me and the guy and this girl sitting on a blanket watching fireworks while he tickled her and talked about cheesesteak hoagies. Awful.

Walked back to our cars. We were heading back to her place, where many were gathering. She stopped me, motioned toward cheesesteak guy and said, "Just so you know, I'd never date someone like that."Went back to her place, I ended up playing a weird early 90's computer game on her PC. Didn't know what I was doing. She came over and helped me by placing her hand over mine on the mouse.

Days later, she showed up to my graduation party unannounced and knocked all my family members of their feet with her looks, smarts and warm personality. Finally, we set up a movie date and things rolled from there... kind of.

She had many male friends (like hoagie guy) so I constantly felt like I was nothing more than that. Culminated in a great date night shortly thereafter, out on the town. When I brought her back to her house, we said our goodbyes while she had her arms wrapped around me with me pressed back against my car door. We locked eyes, I remember kind of rubbing her thigh a little, time passed, and... I did not go for the kiss... because I still didn't think I had a chance. Also, I am retarded. We just awkwardly hugged again and that was it.

Things kind of fizzled from there. She enrolled at U of M that Fall and that was all she wrote. A shameful showing in hindsight, but I tell myself it provided me with invaluable experience. Young Rake...

TL;DR: Yes, she threw many signs. Went straight over head because didn't think I had chance. Subsequently blew a sure thing in spectacular fashion.
    haha damn. poor young naive rake.

I'm f*ckin with a girl right now that's a model. She gets hit on by dudes all the time at work and even when we are out. I guess she's just attracted to my confidence.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

In high school, I did. College, unless it some rich sorority girl, I think I have a chance always.

Quote Originally Posted by joe
    Ya in high school. I remember I heard she liked me and I thought people were messing with me. She was so beautiful and awesome. Honestly I still think about her. The one that had to be a painful lesson instead of a happy ending.
    Yep bro I feel you. I found out a girl liked me a lot after I graduated. She only talked to me once and it was one of the most brief/awkward conversations I have ever had. She was cute though, would have been nothing more than a fling though before college.

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    Also, I am retarded.

Yeah but she turned out to be a psycho.

Also, the opposite has happened to me, a girl I thought I could easily hook up with cuz she's average looking, rejected me like 3 times. I always compare her rejection to the feeling you get when you hand a waitress your debit/credit card and confidently know you have enough money for the transaction but for whatever odd reason, your card is declined.
    I had enough funds for this chick.

Whatevs, gonna wait until she's more vulnerable.

Rake tells the best stories.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

I remember in High School there was this girl who was stunning, very beautiful, all the guys drooled over her, but for some reason this girl would always give me attention, I would ALWAYS catch her looking at me and she once bumped into me on purpose so I can feel her thighs while she was wearing a skirt. Of course, me being a young stupid chubby kid would STILL think there was no way she would go for me.

Now? I've lost tons of weight, gained more confidence, & I'm a pretty good looking guy so I think I can pull almost anything.

Currently crushing on a girl in one my classes, god I hate how I can talk to girls SO easily if I'm not attracted to them but choke around the ones I like . And I also blush like a buffoon.

Banned

yulp, went out with a girl when I was about 15 who was gorgeous. Like model material. She was going through a punk stage and I guess liked me because I was one of the few punks in my area. Anyway went out for a few months then she cheated on me and we broke up. She was pretty psycho though, she knew I liked dead kennedys so she carved a DK logo on her arm with a razor. Pretty odd considering she didn't really like them or listen to that kind of music at all after we broke up.