Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Atlanta Hawks Forum

Atlanta Hawks Forum Atlanta Hawks message board - atlanta hawks fan forum

Old 06-27-2007, 05:39 AM   #1
T21
I brick open layups

T21 has an OK reputation so far
Default Trade rumors...

We all know its that time of the year when trade talk heats up!
Well, latest I've read:
1. Hawks and Pacers are negotiating trade in which the Hawks would get J.O'Neal for J.Smith, Speedy and 11th draft pick... I hope this ain't right, because we would be givin' up way too much for a player who is injury prone... According to this scenario, the Hawks would then draft Conley at 3...
2. Another rumor is also pickin' up pace... its the one between Hawks and Grizzlies... Hawks would land Gasol for Chills, 3rd pick and another player... This one sounds most realistic...
3. I've also read that Hawks were throwing 3 and 11, plus additional players as a bait to T-wolves for Garnet... I don't realy see that happenin' for more than one reason. KG wants to play for a tittle, also from Hawks' point, although he's great, KG is 31...
Anyway... It looks like Hawks will make a move to acquire veteran help and try to win imediately in the weak East... I'm not sure thats the right thing to do, knowing how good young players we got and the bright future thats ahead of them...
T21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 11:04 AM   #2
frankthetank966
I hit open layups

frankthetank966 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Trade rumors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by T21
We all know its that time of the year when trade talk heats up!
Well, latest I've read:
1. Hawks and Pacers are negotiating trade in which the Hawks would get J.O'Neal for J.Smith, Speedy and 11th draft pick... I hope this ain't right, because we would be givin' up way too much for a player who is injury prone... According to this scenario, the Hawks would then draft Conley at 3...
2. Another rumor is also pickin' up pace... its the one between Hawks and Grizzlies... Hawks would land Gasol for Chills, 3rd pick and another player... This one sounds most realistic...
3. I've also read that Hawks were throwing 3 and 11, plus additional players as a bait to T-wolves for Garnet... I don't realy see that happenin' for more than one reason. KG wants to play for a tittle, also from Hawks' point, although he's great, KG is 31...
Anyway... It looks like Hawks will make a move to acquire veteran help and try to win imediately in the weak East... I'm not sure thats the right thing to do, knowing how good young players we got and the bright future thats ahead of them...
Nice post, I like option 3. Ive been saying for a while that we need to get him. He plays forward and center. I would love if the Hawks could pull the trigger on that. As for the other player I would give up Speedy, Jones or even Shelden to try and lure him here. The other options are crap. The trade b/t the pacers would be dumb as poo, and I KG is too old but is still an awesome player. For petes sake he doesnt even play center. At least Gasol is young and plays both positions knight likes and needs.
frankthetank966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 11:46 AM   #3
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputation

Here's new one I heard. A 3 team deal the Hawks get Amare Stoudermire, KG goes to the Suns and the Timberwolves get the 3 and 11 picks.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 02:01 PM   #4
frankthetank966
I hit open layups

frankthetank966 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
Here's new one I heard. A 3 team deal the Hawks get Amare Stoudermire, KG goes to the Suns and the Timberwolves get the 3 and 11 picks.
Where did you hear this? I would def. do this if we could trade some of our other players for a PG. Possibly Chill a future pick. I just read on ESPN is that the same place you heard? They said its probably not going to happen.
frankthetank966 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: