Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Current Wall or peak Arenas

Peak Arenas could be fun to watch but I would take Wall easily. He just translates more to making his teammates better and in the long run more success as Wall's Wizards have already gotten past the 1st round and I don't remember Arenas's ever.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Arenas was just a gunner...I'll take Wall for sure.

Decent playground baller

Depends on your team, as cliche as it sounds.

Optimus Dime is a better a player, but I don't think a team can legitimately contend if he's their go to scorer.

Hibachi is a better scorer/shooter, but he could never be the best player on the team/leader because well... he was Nick Young before Nick Young.

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Peak Arenas could be fun to watch but I would take Wall easily. He just translates more to making his teammates better and in the long run more success as Wall's Wizards have already gotten past the 1st round and I don't remember Arenas's ever.
    Beat Chicago in 2005 ... wow doesn't seem that long ago.

Arenas dropped 60 on Kobe, who coincidentally has the most All NBA defensive team selections in history. That's freaking crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by IncarceratedBob
    Arenas dropped 60 on Kobe, who coincidentally has the most All NBA defensive team selections in history. That's freaking crazy.
    Except, he doesn't.

I'm taking Arenas though, for sure.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Foster5k
    Peak Arenas was like a loose cannon, powerful, but also dangerous to the one yielding it. Meaning, he could score efficiently and help the team, however he's lack of effort/ability on defense and careless play could become detrimental over time. He was the true gunslinger. No pun intended.

Would I take him over current Wall? Sure. However, how far do the Wizards actually get, in the playoffs, in the long run with Peak Arenas instead of Wall? I'm guessing they still don't get out of the East.

Yes, Peak Arenas would put on a show. He would charm the hell out of the girl. He would get her number. Buy the best tuxedo. Promise her the best night she ever had in her life. However, when the time came to pick her up for the Prom, he would be a no show. The girl or, in this case, the Wizards would not make it to the final dance. That's Agent Zero aka Gilbert Arenas.
    Actually, Gilbert would probably jizz on her dress so they'd both be no show for the final dance.

That, is Agent Zero.

Arenas was also arguably the most clutch player in the league at his peak too.

I like Wall but you can't rely on him for a bucket when you really need one.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Yearning
    Actually, Gilbert would probably jizz on her dress so they'd both be no show for the final dance.

That, is Agent Zero.

If his peak lasts as long as it did IRL than give me Wall.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SugarHill
    One plays defense one never played defense.

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    One plays defense one never played defense.
    Yeah, since PG defense is THAT important... Wall's limited defensive impact really doesn't justify taking him over Arenas

Give me the elite scorer any day. We're talking about peak Arenas vs. current Wall. Arenas was a better player than current Wall and almost any team could use his elite scoring.

Two different PG's. In terms of who was the better player, it's peak Arenas. In terms of who's the better PG, give me Wall. Arenas was a precursor to many of the score first PG's we see today. AI was as well, but AI actually moved to SG for his primary position. Arenas stayed at PG and was awesome while he was healthy. But typically for my PG, I prefer Wall's style of play over Arenas. Arenas, like many PG's of today, are undersized SG's or combo guards who happen to play the PG spot.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Give me better player, so it's easly Arenas.
    Wizards are 4-10 in the last 14 games (or something like that) , probably Wall just forgot how to make his teammates better, because they are awful.
    Last edited by Flower_; 02-23-2015 at 06:11 PM.

Local High School Star scott0326's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flower_
    Give me better player, so it's easly Arenas.
    Wizards are 4-10 in the last 14 games (or something like that) , probably Wall just forgot how to make his teammates better, because they are awful.
    Wall forget to make his teammates better? He can't put the ball in the hoop for Butler, Temple and all the scrubs missing wide open threes all game.