Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2009, 03:58 PM   #1
Automajic23
Playground Legend
 
Automajic23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Illadelphia, PA
Posts: 1,181
Default Jay-Z featuring Drake: Off that -- BP3

Anyone else like this song, the more I listen to it the more I get into it. I think it's a sick beat IMO, and his verses are hot
Automajic23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:02 PM   #2
Automajic23
Playground Legend
 
Automajic23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Illadelphia, PA
Posts: 1,181
Default Re: Jay-Z featuring Drake: Off that -- BP3

I dont give a fidduuck, abiddout the widday,
you used to move, what you used to do,
and i dont give a fidduuck abiddout the b-tches
that you used to screw
what your future do,
and we donít really care what you used to say,
unless that affects your future pay,
Im on the practice field running two a day,
so I donít drop the ball when its threw my way,
So I donít a fidduck abiddout the sh-t that
you probably did, who you probably is,
the only time i deal in past tense
is iím past rims,
and iím past tints,
if you driving it i drove it,
you got it cos i sold it,
you copped it and I bought it back,
and we donít give a fidduck n-gga we off that.
Automajic23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:04 PM   #3
picc84
Very good NBA starter
 
picc84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Wash. D.C.
Posts: 7,723
Default Re: Jay-Z featuring Drake: Off that -- BP3

Ehh. Only really liked 3 songs off BP3 and this wasnt one of them. Nice to see jay working with up and coming artists though.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:08 PM   #4
Kobe Jnr
Banned
 
Kobe Jnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: many places
Posts: 0
Default Re: Jay-Z featuring Drake: Off that -- BP3

i dont really like that song, but what we talking about is my fav and second is empire state of mind... great songs
Kobe Jnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:13 PM   #5
Smokee
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,217
Default Re: Jay-Z featuring Drake: Off that -- BP3

This isn't the song he has in that new commercial is it? I don't really follow rap, but i think the 2 best commercials on TV i regularly see are the Mary J Blige cell phone one, and the new JayZ with him doing all of those poses. What the hell is that last pose he does, where he's holding his hands like he's gripping something? Wtf is that supposted to be?
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:16 PM   #6
Smokee
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,217
Default Re: Jay-Z featuring Drake: Off that -- BP3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BizzareRide


yeah thats it. Wtf does that mean? Sorry if its obvious, i'm just not into this stuff like i used to be
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:25 PM   #7
RaininTwos
Betrayed
 
RaininTwos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,304
Default Re: Jay-Z featuring Drake: Off that -- BP3

I like this song too. I hated it the first time, but since then I have been really feeling it.
RaininTwos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:30 PM   #8
RaininTwos
Betrayed
 
RaininTwos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,304
Default Re: Jay-Z featuring Drake: Off that -- BP3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BizzareRide
No surprise, you're so fucking lame.
RaininTwos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:43 PM   #9
RaininTwos
Betrayed
 
RaininTwos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,304
Default Re: Jay-Z featuring Drake: Off that -- BP3




This is your greatest post ever. Props. EDIT: Before you say it, I wasnt mind-raped. I just got tired of your monotonous, mind-numbing, overused drivel.

Last edited by RaininTwos : 09-23-2009 at 04:46 PM.
RaininTwos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:51 PM   #10
OneMoreSucka
NBA Superstar
 
OneMoreSucka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 12,695
Default Re: Jay-Z featuring Drake: Off that -- BP3

The more I listen to Blueprint 3, the more I hate it. Jay-Z sounds like he's trying too hard to rap. His voice has noticably aged on all tracks and his style is choppy and less smooth because of it.

Thankfully he put out Reasonable Doubt because that's the only Jay-Z album anyone needs to own.
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:54 PM   #11
RaininTwos
Betrayed
 
RaininTwos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,304
Default Re: Jay-Z featuring Drake: Off that -- BP3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
The more I listen to Blueprint 3, the more I hate it. Jay-Z sounds like he's trying too hard to rap. His voice has noticably aged on all tracks and his style is choppy and less smooth because of it.

Thankfully he put out Reasonable Doubt because that's the only Jay-Z album anyone needs to own.
*looks over at the Black Album* are you sure that is the ONLY Jay-z album anyone needs to own?
RaininTwos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:55 PM   #12
Automajic23
Playground Legend
 
Automajic23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Illadelphia, PA
Posts: 1,181
Default Re: Jay-Z featuring Drake: Off that -- BP3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
The more I listen to Blueprint 3, the more I hate it. Jay-Z sounds like he's trying too hard to rap. His voice has noticably aged on all tracks and his style is choppy and less smooth because of it.

Thankfully he put out Reasonable Doubt because that's the only Jay-Z album anyone needs to own.

Some people don't appreciate how Jay-Z evolved hip hop, and how he changes the game as the game continues to change itself. It's cool, you mad just like the others that only appreciate retro Jay-Z because by old school definitions only that style of hiphop is real hiphop.
Automajic23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:57 PM   #13
OneMoreSucka
NBA Superstar
 
OneMoreSucka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 12,695
Default Re: Jay-Z featuring Drake: Off that -- BP3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininTwos
*looks over at the Black Album* are you sure that is the ONLY Jay-z album anyone needs to own?
Alright I can throw in Vol. 1 In My Lifetime. Everything else...meh. Black album was decent, still nowhere near Reasonable Doubt. I do think he should've retired for good after the Black album though. His legacy would be much less tainted
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 05:00 PM   #14
RaininTwos
Betrayed
 
RaininTwos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,304
Default Re: Jay-Z featuring Drake: Off that -- BP3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
Alright I can throw in Vol. 1 In My Lifetime. Everything else...meh. Black album was decent, still nowhere near Reasonable Doubt. I do think he should've retired for good after the Black album though. His legacy would be much less tainted
I agree. He had that concert in New York, I thought he honestly was tired of being outperformed by Nas by then. Damn V-Unit, I am just kidding.
RaininTwos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 05:01 PM   #15
OneMoreSucka
NBA Superstar
 
OneMoreSucka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 12,695
Default Re: Jay-Z featuring Drake: Off that -- BP3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automajic23
Some people don't appreciate how Jay-Z evolved hip hop, and how he changes the game as the game continues to change itself. It's cool, you mad just like the others that only appreciate retro Jay-Z because by old school definitions only that style of hiphop is real hiphop.
I think you need to go back and listen to Reasonable Doubt all the way through, then listen to Blueprint 3 all the way through. If you can't tell that one is raw with more emotion, better beats, better cameos, and ridiculously better flow, don't reply to this because you know nothing about hiphop.

Yes, he changed the game. He's also "retired" what, like 3 times now? And each time he's come back, it's been worse than before.
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:56 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy