Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2017, 12:14 PM   #106
UK2K
NBA Legend
 
UK2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 19,464
Default Re: The Left is so negative

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
see .... you preach freedom and de-regulation all the time... but now you want to ration only bread loaves and some salted meats to families like were living in soviet russia. This really flies in the face of your whole mantra around here about "freedom".

I preach freedom and deregulation for those who don't depend on the government to exist.

For those that do, they have no freedom. They don't 'own' anything. Nothing is theirs. The food in their fridge's are not theirs. The roof over their head is not theirs.

You don't get freedom when nothing is yours. That's common sense.
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 12:20 PM   #107
tpols
we already won
 
tpols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 22,573
Default Re: The Left is so negative

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2K
I preach freedom and deregulation for those who don't depend on the government to exist.

For those that do, they have no freedom. They don't 'own' anything. Nothing is theirs. The food in their fridge's are not theirs. The roof over their head is not theirs.

You don't get freedom when nothing is yours. That's common sense.


Its actually in the constitution that in USA all men are created equal and free. (except prisoners...LOL, they snuck that in with the emancipation proclamation) Im all for hating on people that abuse the system and dont ever aspire to be more, but shit... saying people on any type of assistance have no freedom. That flies in the face of America 100%. That is some dictator bullshit.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 12:29 PM   #108
UK2K
NBA Legend
 
UK2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 19,464
Default Re: The Left is so negative

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
Its actually in the constitution that in USA all men are created equal and free. (except prisoners...LOL, they snuck that in with the emancipation proclamation) Im all for hating on people that abuse the system and dont ever aspire to be more, but shit... saying people on any type of assistance have no freedom. That flies in the face of America 100%. That is some dictator bullshit.

They are equal and free. They can be 'free' if they want to live off their own means. They can absolutely turn down those welfare benefits. I have zero doubt that anyone will try to stop them.

But until they do, they have no choices when it comes to things HANDED TO THEM. If they want to buy their own car and pimp it out, by all means.

But if you are going to depend on the government for food, you're going to eat what you've given, which would be, a healthy balance of fruit and vegetables, deli meat, bread, and milk/water.

You don't get to choose, because you're being given these things for free.

I mean, beggars can't be choosers, amirite?

Nobody is forcing them to accept government food vouches. Deny them and go be free.
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 12:30 PM   #109
Akrazotile
NBA Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 15,951
Default Re: The Left is so negative

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
see .... you preach freedom and de-regulation all the time... but now you want to ration only bread loaves and some salted meats to families like were living in soviet russia. This really flies in the face of your whole mantra around here about "freedom". I specifically remember conservatives going ape shit about michelle obama trying to ban bad foods from cafeterias... you think you're going to get all those republcans down south to eat such a limited diet away from all the fried junk theyve been eating their whole lives? Then there will REALLY be cries about socialism lol. That would actually cause an all out riot.

It’s not the same thing. First of all, conservative values of limited regulation are usually relative to new liberal proposals of increased regulation regarding busienss.

Secondly, conservatives typically want to eschew regulation of things that are peoples rights. A business has the right to hire whom it wants, sell what it wants, charge what it wants. Regulating that begins to infringe on the rights of business owners. If consumers dont like the direction a business or industry goes, they have the right not to purchase that product or service (except under obamacare).

People who CHOOSE to receive governement assistance, should be beholden to certain standards. Like if I buy a weapon, I have to not fire it needlessly in public, I have to carry a permit, etc. I have to follow rules if I CHOOSE to buy it. People can choose to receive assistance and follow the rules, or choose not to receive it. Their rights are in no way being coerced or compromised.

Last edited by Akrazotile : 12-27-2017 at 12:35 PM.
Akrazotile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 12:41 PM   #110
tpols
we already won
 
tpols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 22,573
Default Re: The Left is so negative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrazotile
Itís not the same thing. First of all, conservative values of limited regulation are usually relative to new liberal proposals of increased regulation regarding busienss.

Secondly, conservatives typically want to eschew regulation of things that are peoples rights. A business has the right to hire whom it wants, sell what it wants, charge what it wants. Regulating that begins to infringe on the rights of business owners. If consumers dont like the direction a business or industry goes, they have the right not to purchase that product or service (except under obamacare).

People who CHOOSE to receive governement assistance, should be beholden to certain standards. Like if I buy a weapon, I have to not fire it needlessly in public, I have to carry a permit, etc. I have to follow rules if I CHOOSE to buy it. People can choose to receive assistance and follow the rules, or choose not to receive it. Their rights are in no way being coerced or compromised.


trust me... you tell all those people down south they can only get bread milk and some limited selection of ham or something with their cards... youre going to hear a whole lot about lack of freedom. If democrats ever implemented policy like that there would be a civil war.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 01:52 PM   #111
UK2K
NBA Legend
 
UK2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 19,464
Default Re: The Left is so negative

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
trust me... you tell all those people down south they can only get bread milk and some limited selection of ham or something with their cards... youre going to hear a whole lot about lack of freedom. If democrats ever implemented policy like that there would be a civil war.

Yep...

And that is the problem with welfare.

Once people become dependent on it, there's no taking it away again.

Thank you, tpols, for pointing out the biggest issue with welfare, which is welfare dependence.
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 01:55 PM   #112
IGOTGAME
3-time NBA All-Star
 
IGOTGAME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 10,398
Default Re: The Left is so negative

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Yet the fastest growing states are in the South. People move here for a reason.

because it's cheaper... but for some industries its junior varsity. you gotta do your time in NYC first
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 02:49 PM   #113
Hawker
Repeal FATCA
 
Hawker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 19,089
Default Re: The Left is so negative

The equivalency to the right under Obama ended when democrats introduced a bill to impeach Trump which was then voted on. Sure, republicans talked about impeaching him but a bill was never introduced from what I recall.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 04:02 PM   #114
bladefd
NBA rookie of the year
 
bladefd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,654
Default Re: The Left is so negative

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
So you are not aware of any group that committed Genocide against three groups that has a "news outlet," which, you, and other, Lefties continually support?

Like I said, for someone so condescending, your level of ignorance is quite astonishing.

I am still waiting for this liberal group more violent and hateful than neonazis and KKKs that I support.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 04:20 PM   #115
qrich
King Heno
 
qrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tucson/520!
Posts: 23,222
Default Re: The Left is so negative

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
I am still waiting for this liberal group more violent and hateful than neonazis and KKKs that I support.

So you are stating that Genocide is inferior to what the KKK has done?
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 04:49 PM   #116
bladefd
NBA rookie of the year
 
bladefd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,654
Default Re: The Left is so negative

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
So you are stating that Genocide is inferior to what the KKK has done?

What is this group I support that is worse than neonazis wishing for the return of the nazis who committed a Genocide against the jews/gypsies/homosexuals/anyone not blond hair/blue eyes and the kkk hoping for the return to the enslavement of every black person who they deem subhuman? I am still waiting.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 04:54 PM   #117
UK2K
NBA Legend
 
UK2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 19,464
Default Re: The Left is so negative

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
What is this group I support that is worse than neonazis wishing for the return of the nazis who committed a Genocide against the jews/gypsies/homosexuals/anyone not blond hair/blue eyes and the kkk hoping for the return to the enslavement of every black person who they deem subhuman? I am still waiting.

I don't believe the KKK are supporters of slavery.

I think the whole idea of the KKK is 'no black people', but I could be mistaken.
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 05:16 PM   #118
qrich
King Heno
 
qrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tucson/520!
Posts: 23,222
Default Re: The Left is so negative

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
What is this group I support that is worse than neonazis wishing for the return of the nazis who committed a Genocide against the jews/gypsies/homosexuals/anyone not blond hair/blue eyes and the kkk hoping for the return to the enslavement of every black person who they deem subhuman? I am still waiting.

Like I said, your ignorance is on full display. It's real cute with how condescending you act, when, in reality, you are no different than a Nick Young that blindly follows one party over the other.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 06:15 PM   #119
bladefd
NBA rookie of the year
 
bladefd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,654
Default Re: The Left is so negative

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Like I said, your ignorance is on full display. It's real cute with how condescending you act, when, in reality, you are no different than a Nick Young that blindly follows one party over the other.

Still waiting. Put up or shut up.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 06:22 PM   #120
bladefd
NBA rookie of the year
 
bladefd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,654
Default Re: The Left is so negative

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2K
I don't believe the KKK are supporters of slavery.

I think the whole idea of the KKK is 'no black people', but I could be mistaken.

The KKK has evolved over the decades. They started out killing and lynching black folks outright as a mob. Then they opposed desegregation of schools through violence and trying to put fear in those wanting desegregation. Anyways, not many members left now.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:29 AM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy