Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Samurai Swoosh

Default Re: Scottie Pippen on LeBron/Jordan

This really shouldn't be all that surprising to anyone.

LeBron is basically a very rich man's Pippen. Scottie sees a lot of himself in Bron, so naturally he's going to pump him up.

Same goes for Jordan's respect and choosing of Kobe over LeBron. He sees himself in Kobe, and even though Kobe's a poor man's Jordan, he has respect for him because of a similar competitive nature, drive, skill set ... and the fact Kobe clearly idolized Jordan, and asked him for guidance early on in the league.

Plus, Kobe ALWAYS has MJ's back. When asked after the game against the Heat the weak before All Star Break on the comparison of James / Wade to MJ / Scottie, and asked who Kobe thinks is better his response:

MJ and Scottie. They got 6 rings.

Same goes for MJ's logical reasoning for choosing Kobe all-time over LeBron. Much like Pippen, Bron is kind of a natural beta. Kobe, like Jordan a competitive alpha.

This could be none more apparent than in Bron's refusal to step up to the mano y mano challenge in the All Star Game when Kobe literally punked him in front of all his elite peers.

MJ would've gone at Kobe, and vice a versa. Hell they did it in 1998, when MJ was 35 and Kobe 19. They are both, as MJ said, cursed ... as competitors. Bron, he kind of has an at times Pippen-esque, whatever demeanor when challenged. And like when MJ used to challenge Pip mano y mano, Pippen would tuck his tail and cede dominance to MJ. It can be seen in Charity Games, and stories of them in practice.

Pippen reps Bron because they're similar. All around ball players, versatile team defenders (though not near as good man defenders as MJ or Kobe) ... they're both jack of all trades, master of none.

Kobe and Jordan, all around ball players who at the end of the day can score at an elite level. For as great of all around players as Bron and Pippen are (Bron being better) I still don't think they're the greatest scorers in the half court.

That's why I'd even take Wade (another poor man's Jordan) as scorers over LeBron. Pip's statements shouldn't be all that surprising.

Pip used to hate on Kobe to on the sly, probably because how he mirror's Jordan and deep inside Pip might resent Jordan's fame and recognition over him. Kobe also used to get the better of Pippen, too.

At the end of the day, I'm still taking MJ > LeBron, Pippen, Kobe, or Wade.

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    Where do you have him right now and where would you put him if he wins mvp and fmvp on a run similar to last year? Just curious..
    Right now 14th.
    If he wins again, 11th behind Hakeem.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    LeBron was an 18 yrs.old NBA rookie while Jordan played 4 years in College.
    Wrong.

Jordan only played 3 years of college.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    Right now 14th.
    If he wins again, 11th behind Hakeem.

LMAO.

4x MVP, and 2x Finals MVP > 1x MVP, and 2x Finals MVP. Stop acting like Kobe is a dominant Finals performer.

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    I don't think he'll ever be quite as good as Jordan but we'll see he's just 28...
    I have to be honest, i'm still not convinced he's better than Barkley.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry
    I love chuck but Lebron is an elite defender, Barkley never was.

Samurai Swoosh

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry
    Chuck gets slept on in these discussions because he doesn't have a ring. He was absolutely better at his peak / prime than Pippen. He had a unique game and skill set. The height of a SG / SF but with the physicality and dominant post game of a power player. Could run the floor ... Could dribble pretty well ... Could hit the three ball. Hell in his prime he could jump too. He was absolutely a superior rebounder to Bron but I think Brons defense puts him over Barkley

LMAO.

4x MVP, and 2x Finals MVP > 1x MVP, and 2x Finals MVP. Stop acting like Kobe is a dominant Finals performer.
    U forgetting 2011 finals that weighs in here. All time greatest choke.
    Loser couldn't post up barea or kidd

I agree with 14 after last years run, and 10/11 if he can repeat it..

LMAO.

this phillipino kid MAD

Local High School Star No_Look604's Avatar

As tight as Scottie is with Jordan....it would only be natural for him to be jealous of MJ, deep down inside...it's human nature.

And let's not forget LBJ is present, Jordan is the past. Scottie has lived a good life...he's paying dues and reppin today's league with these comments.

Don't be so foolish.

Local High School Star No_Look604's Avatar

And LBJ be hooking up Scottie with some young hoez, so he's reppin his boy.

I wouldn't be shocked to hear MJ was a dick to Pippen as well, back then and even today...no one really knows where the two stand deep down inside soo...

And I can only imagine reppin today's league is gooood for someone who is trying to get his foot back in the door, whether it's coaching or broadcasting.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by No_Look604
    As tight as Scottie is with Jordan....it would only be natural for him to be jealous of MJ, deep down inside...it's human nature.

And let's not forget LBJ is present, Jordan is the past. Scottie has lived a good life...he's paying dues and reppin today's league with these comments.

Don't be so foolish.
    HOnestly, I see friends and family members dig at each other all the time, and I do it as well. I think we all do to some extent, rooting for a team you know your brother hates just to stick it to him. My bro knows I like CP3, and he loves to make smart ass comments to get under my skin. Some of you can't wait to make fun of your co-worker's loss specially when your team beats them.

Like you mentioned, I think it's natural. Specially when they're competitive as they are.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by No_Look604

Don't be so foolish.
    No hes telling the truth.

Lebron is a better player than micheal. But does not have that "ill kill everyone to get ot the top" mentallity.

MJ was an arrogant asshole and lebron is a like a humble good dude. Thats the "will to win" everyone talks about. MJ was sniffing his own asshole the entire time. (not saying he shouldnt just stating the facts.)

When the games come on the line lebron has delivered just as many times as jordan, if not more.

He plays WAY more defense than jordan. Lebron is in a defensive category all alone. There is not a single player in the league who exists in this category. He can D 1-5 just like scottie said. MJ could not do that.

Fact is all the argument is down to now is rings. But thats a dumb argument because lebron still has plenty of time to get more rings. And im sure he will this year and next year at least.

And im still with Jeff Van Gundy. They can definately break the single season win record of hte bulls if they really want to try for that. But idk if they would. But if lebron said to himself and the team "hey lets break their record." I think they might.

But of course these days everyone is so hollywood so idk if they could maintain that sorta focus. Thats the difference, Jordan would force everyone to have that focus. But that just isnt lebrons personality. Does it mean hes not as good a basketball player? no

IDK this ****ing argument is so old and dumb. Lebron is the best basketball player walking on planet earth right now. And thats all there is to it.

simply put, LBJ is Pippen on roids.

It's true that LeBron is the most complete player of all time, but does that necessarily mean the best of all time? Perhaps, perhaps not.