Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-02-2007, 04:43 AM   #16
mhsbasketball
lol: smh:

Default Re: question to the people who live in apartments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyB41
God that sucks. I hope you're not moving from Dallas out to Frisco. Frisco might be the most boring place on the planet. Plus you're like an hour from downtown.
true, but frisco pretty nice and im very close to the mall, lots of stores are near me. and im kinda liking it better than flower mound, which is also suburb.
mhsbasketball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 04:47 AM   #17
DirtyB41
I hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhsbasketball
true, but frisco pretty nice and im very close to the mall, lots of stores are near me. and im kinda liking it better than flower mound, which is also suburb.

No, I agree its a very nice area. Stonebriar Mall is cool. I just grew up about 10 minutes from downtown, so it's hard for me to imagine being that far away from everything.
DirtyB41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 04:52 AM   #18
Hawker
Banned

coppell pwnzerz all...not really though. The only advantages are your closer to g-vine mall and vista ridge then the actual people in those cities.

Frisco isnt too bad though. It's a city that's growing and you should check out pizza hut park. It's badass.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 07:30 AM   #19
adamcz
Bucks fan

Standard quiet hours are 10 pm - 10 am. If you really must play later than that, buy some foam.

http://www.foambymail.com/soundproofing.html
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 08:16 AM   #20
Enigmatism
Raving Lunatic

Acoustic guitar is no big deal - just use common sense and don't rock the f out at 1am right next to a shared wall

TV - keep the volume low, don't be one of them jerks like I've lived by and I could hear every f'n word on the tv from my apt

The worst thing in apts is bass...bass in the tv, bass in the stereo, etc - it travels like a mutha so watch that and no one (neighbors, police) will be at your door
Enigmatism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 02:31 PM   #21
jbot
Future D1 Dad

the people living below us probably hate our guts. the very 1st night we moved in, i seen a chick pop her head out her door and look around as we were heading up the stairs. then she came up and knocked on the door saying she could hear everything and that she gets up at 4:30am for work. too bad, i had to move stuff in that night. the lady running the place said that the apartments are pretty sound proof. i told my wife about it when she got back home and she went downstairs and knocked on her door...no answer.

the thing is someone was blasting some bass like an hour b4 that happened and i didn't see her complaining to anyone about that. the next morning around 9am, they were blasting some music really loud to annoy us, but i didn't care. (i figured it was them who were doing that the night b4.) i work nights so i'm up late every night and my kids are still on summer vacation.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 03:08 PM   #22
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
The worst thing in apts is bass...bass in the tv, bass in the stereo, etc - it travels like a mutha so watch that and no one (neighbors, police) will be at your door

True. One thing that helped me a lot was getting a fan and cranking it up next to my bed when i am trying to sleep. That drowned out the noise pretty well. I still use it even though noise isn't a problem for me now.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 05:39 PM   #23
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

TV is one thing, guitar is something totally different. You can watch TV, keep it low, and still hear it. You can't play the guitar with little volume.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: