Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 12-15-2011, 12:56 PM   #46
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Default Re: Adjustments the Knicks Must Make to be Elite

It was a stab at you Rameek nor am I saying they should be held at a high standard. I was just saying that we get so wrapped up in what Melo and Amare don't do in comparison to LeBron and Bosh... and rightfully so. However, nobody points out the stuff they do that LeBron and Bosh don't. Sure we didn't have the team that could make it to the Finals last year... but if we did,I have the utmost confidence we would have performed better under the circumstances of the moment than the Heat did. Especially LeBrick. He looked like Jared Jeffries at times. I was scared out of his mind.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 01:01 PM   #47
lebob23
38563065 38563065 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
It was a stab at you Rameek nor am I saying they should be held at a high standard. I was just saying that we get so wrapped up in what Melo and Amare don't do in comparison to LeBron and Bosh... and rightfully so. However, nobody points out the stuff they do that LeBron and Bosh don't. Sure we didn't have the team that could make it to the Finals last year... but if we did,I have the utmost confidence we would have performed better under the circumstances of the moment than the Heat did. Especially LeBrick. He looked like Jared Jeffries at times. I was scared out of his mind.

uhm what can they do in comparison?
lebob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 01:02 PM   #48
lebob23
38563065 38563065 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
How are the Lakers going to win it this year when they lost players and gained no one?

you will see.
Old 12-15-2011, 01:04 PM   #49
airchibundo507
"LINISH HIM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebob23
you will see.

lol they got swept by the Mavericks and then gave them an early Christmas present in LO for FREE.

Either OKC/DAL/MEM is coming out of the West. LAL is in the next tier of contention with LAC/SAS
airchibundo507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 01:07 PM   #50
airchibundo507
"LINISH HIM!"

Guys, I've been thinking long and hard, and our bench is sh*t. We should bring Douglas off the bench. He can still get 30+ MPG and finish games out with the starting unit. Bibby should get the nod at starter. Maybe even Shumpert if we get another wing player to back up SG.
Old 12-15-2011, 01:16 PM   #51
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by airchibundo507
Guys, I've been thinking long and hard, and our bench is sh*t. We should bring Douglas off the bench. He can still get 30+ MPG and finish games out with the starting unit. Bibby should get the nod at starter. Maybe even Shumpert if we get another wing player to back up SG.
You had to think long and hard about the bench????

This doesnt excite you at all?????

Quote:
At this point does it matter... The Knicks need NBA vets that can come in and learn the system. Yeah Reggie signed with Charlotte
Do Knick fans really want to go into the season with this depth chart?????

PG 1. Toney Douglas
2. Mike Bibby
SG 1. Landry Fields
2. Iman Shumpert
PF 1. Amare Stoudemire
2. Jared Jeffries
3. Renaldo Balkman
SF 1. Carmelo Anthony
2. Bill Walker
C 1. Tyson Chandler
2. Josh Harrellson
3. Jerome Jordan
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 01:20 PM   #52
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
I do see everyones point. I am just saying they could do more than they have and they need to do more if the Knicks are going to be legit ELITE. Understand the knicks will go far not because we are the best but because so many teams got worse! The Elite teams are better besides the Lakers and many other teams got significantly worse. I want CHAMPIONSHIPS and since we got Stat and Melo they have to do those things for us to be considered Elite or Great.
Old 12-15-2011, 01:20 PM   #53
lebob23
38563065 38563065 3

Quote:
You had to think long and hard about the bench????

This doesnt excite you at all?????

No, not unless you are comparing that to the eddy curry nate the shate and marbury days
Old 12-17-2011, 12:22 PM   #54
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

I'm trying to figure out how and why you think Dwyane Wade is a good defender but think Carmelo Anthony and Amar'e Stoudemire are piss poor on that end of the court?

Look past the steal/block numbers and check out what Wade is doing on the floor. The guy half asses it majority of defensive possessions. There is a reason that LeBron James spent the whole year picking up the opposing team's biggest perimeter threat in key situations.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:11 AM   #55
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Free Bump
Old 01-05-2012, 11:23 AM   #56
airchibundo507
"LINISH HIM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
I'm trying to figure out how and why you think Dwyane Wade is a good defender but think Carmelo Anthony and Amar'e Stoudemire are piss poor on that end of the court?

Look past the steal/block numbers and check out what Wade is doing on the floor. The guy half asses it majority of defensive possessions. There is a reason that LeBron James spent the whole year picking up the opposing team's biggest perimeter threat in key situations.

Melo is average at defense. Amare is terrible. Wade might not try often, but he's so fast and athletic that his help defense is elite for his position. It's scary seeing LeBron and Wade flying from the perimeter to contest anyone attempting to finish at the rim. No pass is safe with Wadr and LeBron hounding the passing lanes. When he tries his man defense is damn good too.

He's just so much more active and preemptive than Melo and especially Amare. Amare is lost out there.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:26 AM   #57
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Melo is average at defense. Amare is terrible. Wade might not try often, but he's so fast and athletic that his help defense is elite for his position. It's scary seeing LeBron and Wade flying from the perimeter to contest anyone attempting to finish at the rim. No pass is safe with Wadr and LeBron hounding the passing lanes. When he tries his man defense is damn good too.

He's just so much more active and preemptive than Melo and especially Amare. Amare is lost out there.

If your player isn't giving effort, it's his fault. If your player is lost.... That's the coaches fault!
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:27 AM   #58
airchibundo507
"LINISH HIM!"

Quote:
(1) Tony Douglas has to be a solid contributor on offense as our third option. I fully expect him to put up 13-16 ppg, 4-5 apg in this role. He can spread the floor well for Amare/Carmelo. But can he work the ball around? Will he play solid defense?

(2) Carmelo Anthony must be the facilitator on offense. This is probably the most critical point. No real PG or playmaker on the roster. Nobody else on the roster can create their own shot besides Amare and TD. We know Carmelo can pass well; it's just a matter of him fully focusing in that department. Before this Chandler trade I thought Melo would put up close to 30 ppg this season, but I think it's more important if Melo's stats are closer to 25/7/5

(3) Coaching; we need a defensive philosophy. I believe the culture in Dallas is what contributed to Chandler being a strong defensive asset. If he finds New York lax, he might not give a damn.

feel free to add
Well I obviously didn't expect so many injuries to occur. The other factor that's held our offense back substantially is that our outside shooting has sucked tremendously this year. When shooters hit their shots, the offense with Melo facilitating looks solid.

I don't think we'll ever be a good defensive team with Amare on the floor.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:29 AM   #59
airchibundo507
"LINISH HIM!"

Quote:
If your player isn't giving effort, it's his fault. If your player is lost.... That's the coaches fault!

The OBVIOUS move right now is to fire Pringles. if we can't beat the winless Bobcats, he should pack his damn bags.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:45 AM   #60
bluechox2
#knickstape

knicks fail
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: