Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Default Re: Barkley: ""I do think he can be better than Michael," Barkley said."

How? he is already in prime.

Good High School Starter Mach_3's Avatar

Default Re: Barkley: ""I do think he can be better than Michael," Barkley said."

Barkley thinks Lebron is faster than Jordan?

Tell that nicca to stop drinking seriously

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mach_3
    Barkley thinks Lebron is faster than Jordan?

Tell that nicca to stop drinking seriously
    Huh? What's this stupidity? LeBron has a legit claim to being faster than MJ.

Good High School Starter Mach_3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    Huh? What's this stupidity? LeBron has a legit claim to being faster than MJ.

No he doesn't. That's like saying prime Tony Parker is faster than Rose. I can certainly make the case, but to anyone with eyes who watched both players knows for damn sure that it aint true

And did someone just say Bron ability wise is better than Jordan? I'd love to hear the reasoning for that

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    lol @ the half-baked posters trying to diminish the fact of Lebron putting on some of the best performances in playoff history in order to carry his team to franchises first Finals (which was probably the worst team to ever be in a Finals).. just because he lost there.. and he was also 21-22....

Thats like cursing out the VW Golf driver for coming 2nd in a Formula 1 race...
    No ones criticizing Lebron for the Cavs losing to the Spurs, they're criticizing him because he played HORRIBLE, and since we're comparing him to Jordan, that series being far worse than any of Jordan's series should be brought up.

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mach_3
    but to anyone with eyes who watched both players knows for damn sure that it aint true
    Right. I think my combined knowledge on both players is probably more extensive than anyone else in here. LeBron is(or was from 04-10) ridiculously fast. His end-to-end speed amongst guys around his size(6'6-6'8) is probably 2nd to none in NBA history. Just check out this drive from last season - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAVODrTa5Vo. He basically goes coast-to-coast in less than 3 seconds.
    Last edited by Indian guy; 10-06-2012 at 07:59 PM.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    Right. I think my combined knowledge on both players is probably more extensive than anyone else in here. LeBron is(or was from 04-10) ridiculously fast. His end-to-end speed amongst guys around his size(6'6-6'8) is probably 2nd to none in NBA history. Just check out this drive from last season - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAVODrTa5Vo. He basically goes coast-to-coast in less than 3 seconds.
    LeBron has fantastic speed, especially when you factor in his size. But he'll never match Jordan's career accomplishments. In fact, it's difficult to make the case that LeBron is or ever will be better than Bird.

edit: Bird was the

-superior midrange shooter,

-superior 3 pt. shooter,

-superior free throw shooter,

-superior clutch shooter,

-superior overall field goal percentage,

-vastly superior rebounder,

-equal in steals per game, and

-just as good a passer if not better

-equal as a shot blocker.

LeBron is faster, jumps higher and is stronger. This grants him no edge in basketball ability, except in one on one defense, where LeBron has a definite edge. However, Bird had excellent anticipation and was very disruptive in playing the passing lanes. As stated, Bird and LeBron had similar totals in blocks.
    Last edited by westside_baller; 10-07-2012 at 10:14 PM.

LeBron has a long ways before he even get mentioned in the same sentence as MJ... but I have to say, that LeBron's ability to completely dominate a game from a perimeter position is something I haven't seen since MJ. If LeBron has turned the corner mentally, and is able to embrace clutch moments instead of running from them... he has a chance to approach MJ's professional legacy. He will still never approach MJ's true legacy though, because MJ took the game global, and that can never be replicated.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    Bullshit, MJ was already being compared to all-time grats by 89, up there with Bird and Magic, no serious basketball fan thought Nique, as great as he was, was on the level of MJ, Magic or Bird.

this idiot..

in 89' absolutley Nique was on MJ's level...

I'm sorry you missed watching Nique in his prime...he was everything Jordan was....and his teams did much better then Jordans

89' Jordan was not at Bird or Magic's level....was he bieng compared?...sure.

Just as we compare Dirk to Bird or Lebron to Magic....but he was not at that level yet.
    Last edited by AlphaWolf24; 10-08-2012 at 12:46 PM.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by westside_baller
    LeBron has fantastic speed, especially when you factor in his size. But he'll never match Jordan's career accomplishments. In fact, it's difficult to make the case that LeBron is or ever will be better than Bird.

edit: Bird was the

-superior midrange shooter,

-superior 3 pt. shooter,

-superior free throw shooter,

-superior clutch shooter,

-superior overall field goal percentage,

-vastly superior rebounder,

-equal in steals per game, and

-just as good a passer if not better

-equal as a shot blocker.

LeBron is faster, jumps higher and is stronger. This grants him no edge in basketball ability, except in one on one defense, where LeBron has a definite edge. However, Bird had excellent anticipation and was very disruptive in playing the passing lanes. As stated, Bird and LeBron had similar totals in blocks.
    You listed shooting categories four times there.

I can do the same...

Lebron is more athletic...

and...

Quicker

Faster

More agile

Better lateral quickness

Faster first step

Samurai Swoosh

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33
    Lebron is more athletic...

and...

Quicker

Faster

More agile

Better lateral quickness

Faster first step

Not even close.

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

What is with this absurd notion on the part of MJ fans that he was some demigod who no player can even be compared to? If Lebron gets to 4-5 rings the conversation will begin just as it did when Jordan won his third, even though practically every other GOAT candidate had as many or more rings.

At age 27 Jordan had reached 1 NBA finals, 3 ECF's, won 1 championship and 2 MVP's. Jordan recorded three consecutive losing seasons to open his career, went 1-9 in the playoffs during that time. MJ didn't get out the first round until his fourth season, didn't reach the ECF until his fifth and the NBA finals until his 7th year.

At age 27 Lebron has reached 2 NBA finals, 3 ECF's, won 2 championships and 3 MVP's. Lebron has only had one losing record in his career (Jordan had 5 losing seasons--far more than any GOAT candidate), his rookie year when he was 19 and that was on a team that won 17 games the previous year. He lifted them 18 games (Jordan's team only improved from 27 to 38 wins as a rookie, easily the smallest improvement of any GOAT candidate) as a 19 year old rookie. He reached the second round in his third season and the NBA finals in his fourth.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

False. Jordan is not a demigod, but he is the GOAT.

You also forgot to mention that Jordan had a p--- poor squad with a deer in the headlights Pippen, Cartwright who was about as effective as roadkill, and basically a ton of middle tier role players.

MJ was playing against stacked Pistons, Celtics and Sixers squads while LeBron was "contending" against an absurdly non competitive Eastern Conference. Not to mention the fact that Jordan was subject to "Jordan Rules," meaning he was clotheslined and tackled by every frontline player and grabbed around the neck and face by the guards on the pistons.

There is absolutely no resemblance between the EC of the NBA then and now, either in terms of the competition or in terms of the physicality of the defenses played.

Fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball_Rock
    What is with this absurd notion on the part of MJ fans that he was some demigod who no player can even be compared to? If Lebron gets to 4-5 rings the conversation will begin just as it did when Jordan won his third, even though practically every other GOAT candidate had as many or more rings.

At age 27 Jordan had reached 1 NBA finals, 3 ECF's, won 1 championship and 2 MVP's. Jordan recorded three consecutive losing seasons to open his career, went 1-9 in the playoffs during that time. MJ didn't get out the first round until his fourth season, didn't reach the ECF until his fifth and the NBA finals until his 7th year.

At age 27 Lebron has reached 2 NBA finals, 3 ECF's, won 2 championships and 3 MVP's. Lebron has only had one losing record in his career (Jordan had 5 losing seasons--far more than any GOAT candidate), his rookie year when he was 19 and that was on a team that won 17 games the previous year. He lifted them 18 games (Jordan's team only improved from 27 to 38 wins as a rookie, easily the smallest improvement of any GOAT candidate) as a 19 year old rookie. He reached the second round in his third season and the NBA finals in his fourth.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball_Rock
    When will people stop spreading this myth?

- Jordan missed 64 games in 1986, in the 18 games that he played the Bulls went 9-9. Jordan missed 22 games in 2002, in the 60 games that he played the Wizards went 30-30. SMH @ this hating ass n*gga.

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

One of the biggest differences between the two that is in Lebron's favor is what they could do with a weak team. Lebron took scrubs to the NBA finals, had the best record in the NBA twice with scrubs. For Jordan all we see are excuses for losing in the first round three years in a row (1-9 in the playoffs) and he barely got out of the first round in year four in the final game of the series (not coincidentally Scottie Pippen's first career start where he had a very good game).

The quitting argument is amusing. Jordan literally quit two days before training camp in 1994, forcing his team to find a scrub from the Italian league to replace him on that short notice. Imagine if he left in a timely manner and they had a legitimate starter with a team that nearly won the East's top seed even with Pete Myers as SG...The biggest fact regarding quitting between the two is Jordan walked away from basketball for five seasons. Lebron simply will have more time to accumulate achievements due to coming out of high school and not retiring twice.

Let's recap them at 27:

Rings: Lebron 1, Jordan 1
    NBA finals: Lebron 2, Jordan 1
    ECF's: Lebron 3, Jordan 2
    Best record in the NBA: Lebron 2, Jordan 0
    MVP's: Lebron 3, Jordan 2
    DPOY: Jordan 1, Lebron 0
    All-NBA first teams: Lebron 6, Jordan 5

That is technically true in a sense but going 0.500 twice and having three outright losing seasons is still not something to boast about. Lebron has only had one season at .500 and below and that was when he was 19. Does anyone see Jordan winning 66 games with scrubs in Cleveland?