Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2009, 05:08 AM   #1
JtotheIzzo
NBA Superstar
 
JtotheIzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Wolviapolis
Posts: 14,734
Default Convince a Skeptic (thread one: FEMA concentration camps)

This will be an ongoing series of threads for believers to convince me about various conspiracy theories (non-believers feel free to rebuttal). Basically I am skeptical of all (or at least most) conspiracy theories, but the more time I spend online, the more I read about how, man never landed on the moon (lol), Bush knocked down the towers, the world is run by Stonemason, Bilderberg, Lizard People, Jew Bankers etc..., Kennedy wasn't killed by a bullet from the book depository, Obama is the latest pawn put in power by the shadow gov't, Bin Laden doesn't exist etc...

Mostly, the facts are poorly presented by dorks and outsiders looking at one side of the issue and never challenging their own findings, and that makes me lose faith in their credibility. Common sense is also one of the biggest hurdles for me to accept much of this.

Wouldn't it be easy for one person (just one solitary person) on the inside to come clean and blow the whistle and be a hero to millions? Wouldn't the Russians have thrown it in the US's face about the moon landing during the cold war for example? Wouldn't one newsie out there want to get the real scoop on 9/11? Sure there is the risk of death, but there are martyrs everywhere and people desperately wanting attention or to be a hero.

OK now back to the first topic: FEMA camps

-no one really knows what these are for.
-location and exposure of these camps are sketchy at best (has anyone ever seen one?)
-how do we know it is to imprison free citizens of the US?

here is a list of things that these camps may logically be used for (if they do indeed exist):

1-if shit goes pear shaped in Mexico or Central America the US could be looking at millions of refugees flooding across the border. This is a very real concern. The refugees will need a camp and a place to stay, they will not be allowed to just run amok all over the country. Texas, California, New Mexico and Arizona cannot house all of the refugees, whose numbers could be in the tens of millions.

2-If there is a massive terrorist attack (dirty bomb or bombing of a nuclear facility for example) an entire region of the country may be toxic and people will need to be moved. If the attack is biological, you cannot put these people into the general population as they could spread a virus or something. You will need a camp to keep them in, and monitor their health. And again, one place cannot bear the burden so camps are spread out across the country.

3-The closing of Guantanamo Bay detention facility and increased scrutiny of overseas prisons will eventually force the US to bring many 'enemy combatants' (I know this term is no longer in use, but the type of person still exists) to justice on US soil. They will need to be housed somewhere outside a prison in the intermediary.



Convince me of the evil of these camps.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 02:14 PM   #2
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 14,036
Default Re: Convince a Skeptic (thread one: FEMA concentration camps)

More like Threads So ****ty They Were Too Mentally Constipating To Even Make it into the ****ter Let Alone Go Down the ****ter: Episode 1.

I hear the DVD of season 1 will include behind the scenes features delving into what the **** Jizzo was thinking when he made these threads.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:33 AM   #3
JtotheIzzo
NBA Superstar
 
JtotheIzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Wolviapolis
Posts: 14,734
Default Re: Convince a Skeptic (thread one: FEMA concentration camps)

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
More like Threads So ****ty They Were Too Mentally Constipating To Even Make it into the ****ter Let Alone Go Down the ****ter: Episode 1.

I hear the DVD of season 1 will include behind the scenes features delving into what the **** Jizzo was thinking when he made these threads.

Jizzo was thinking he'd get a reply.

I guess we can close the books on this conspiracy.

thread one: epic fail
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:44 AM   #4
hateraid
Is it in you?
 
hateraid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In your local 7-11 freezers
Posts: 15,835
Default Re: Convince a Skeptic (thread one: FEMA concentration camps)

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
More like Threads So ****ty They Were Too Mentally Constipating To Even Make it into the ****ter Let Alone Go Down the ****ter: Episode 1.

I hear the DVD of season 1 will include behind the scenes features delving into what the **** Jizzo was thinking when he made these threads.

Don't you go running your mouth on my boy
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:22 AM   #5
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1
 
andgar923's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 17,950
Default Re: Convince a Skeptic (thread one: FEMA concentration camps)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
This will be an ongoing series of threads for believers to convince me about various conspiracy theories (non-believers feel free to rebuttal). Basically I am skeptical of all (or at least most) conspiracy theories, but the more time I spend online, the more I read about how, man never landed on the moon (lol), Bush knocked down the towers, the world is run by Stonemason, Bilderberg, Lizard People, Jew Bankers etc..., Kennedy wasn't killed by a bullet from the book depository, Obama is the latest pawn put in power by the shadow gov't, Bin Laden doesn't exist etc...

Mostly, the facts are poorly presented by dorks and outsiders looking at one side of the issue and never challenging their own findings, and that makes me lose faith in their credibility. Common sense is also one of the biggest hurdles for me to accept much of this.

Wouldn't it be easy for one person (just one solitary person) on the inside to come clean and blow the whistle and be a hero to millions? Wouldn't the Russians have thrown it in the US's face about the moon landing during the cold war for example? Wouldn't one newsie out there want to get the real scoop on 9/11? Sure there is the risk of death, but there are martyrs everywhere and people desperately wanting attention or to be a hero.

OK now back to the first topic: FEMA camps

-no one really knows what these are for.
-location and exposure of these camps are sketchy at best (has anyone ever seen one?)
-how do we know it is to imprison free citizens of the US?

here is a list of things that these camps may logically be used for (if they do indeed exist):

1-if shit goes pear shaped in Mexico or Central America the US could be looking at millions of refugees flooding across the border. This is a very real concern. The refugees will need a camp and a place to stay, they will not be allowed to just run amok all over the country. Texas, California, New Mexico and Arizona cannot house all of the refugees, whose numbers could be in the tens of millions.

2-If there is a massive terrorist attack (dirty bomb or bombing of a nuclear facility for example) an entire region of the country may be toxic and people will need to be moved. If the attack is biological, you cannot put these people into the general population as they could spread a virus or something. You will need a camp to keep them in, and monitor their health. And again, one place cannot bear the burden so camps are spread out across the country.

3-The closing of Guantanamo Bay detention facility and increased scrutiny of overseas prisons will eventually force the US to bring many 'enemy combatants' (I know this term is no longer in use, but the type of person still exists) to justice on US soil. They will need to be housed somewhere outside a prison in the intermediary.



Convince me of the evil of these camps.

You make some good points, but you made some mistakes.

FEMA camps do exist

They have been filmed (I'm sure somebody can post a link its 2 am and I'm lazy)



Now..... as to "why" these camps exist is an entirely different story.

We do know they exist to shelter citizens in case of a disaster (Katrina victims were placed in some).

What's speculated by theorists is, they'll serve to jail homeland terrorist, or enemies of the state. Some have even speculated that this has already taken place (not sure if there's proof).

Now... I'm not saying that they're correct or completely wrong.

The US has jailed civilians that they felt were a threat to their political ideology. They've also made the camps for Japanese Americans, so its not like history can't repeat itself.

And that is what fuels much of the theorists theories. When the gov feels an uprising, when there's civil unrest, those people will be detained there.

Now.... given what we're seeing unfold its understandable why their paranoia is growing.

A complete economic collapse can lead to great civil unrest. Its happening in various countries around the world already. Before people were protesting to stop wars, the theorists believe that people will be angered and rush the streets because they're broke, unemployed, homeless etc.etc. not the friendly sign waving stop the war crowd (at least by comparison). If its one things we've learned about Americans is.... DO NOT FUHK WITH OUR MONEY!

C.R.E.A.M.

So the theorists may be a lil paranoid, but at this moment in time knowing some of this country's history and facts on the table, do you blame them?

In the end, none of us really know do we?

Next up....

Elite organizations and shadow figures!

Last edited by andgar923 : 04-01-2009 at 04:24 AM.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:47 AM   #6
wTFaMonkey
RP 4 lyfe
 
wTFaMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: COOGS HOUSE
Posts: 4,632
Default Re: Convince a Skeptic (thread one: FEMA concentration camps)

meh... as a big conspiracy theorist my self.. I doubt this is true. sure, there are "camps" but the government can do much worse to those who are deemed "enemy of the state". This is typical Alex Jones and his fear mongering agenda.
wTFaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:26 PM   #7
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1
 
andgar923's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 17,950
Default Re: Convince a Skeptic (thread one: FEMA concentration camps)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wTFaMonkey
meh... as a big conspiracy theorist my self.. I doubt this is true. sure, there are "camps" but the government can do much worse to those who are deemed "enemy of the state". This is typical Alex Jones and his fear mongering agenda.

True, but jails are overcrowded.

And some of these are secret which can make it easier for the gov (if that's indeed what they're for).

I tend think they're for emergency reasons more than anything, but neither of us can really claim to know 100% what they're for.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 02:22 PM   #8
jbot
Future D1 Dad
 
jbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10,051
Default Re: Convince a Skeptic (thread one: FEMA concentration camps)

never heard of fema camps but i do somewhat believe that we didn't really go to the moon initially back in the 60's.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 02:34 PM   #9
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 14,036
Default Re: Convince a Skeptic (thread one: FEMA concentration camps)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
Don't you go running your mouth on my boy

Apparently not....cause now people are responding out of spite for me....obviously.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:23 AM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

NBA Free Agents

NBA Free Agency

NBA Summer Leagues

Utah Summer League

Sacramento Summer League

Vegas NBA Summer League

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy