Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-01-2009, 12:06 AM   #1
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

Default Class of 2009

What colleges are you getting into? Where have you been rejected? Where are you going next year?

As a member of the high school class of 2008, I remember how exciting/stressful/life altering March was for a lot of us last year as we heard back from schools and such.

Use this thread to vent, celebrate, show-off, or tell stories of senior year (pranks?).

EDIT: Lets open this up to the college grads too... Whats your major? What do you intend to do with your degree(s)? Any advice for those of us entering college and those who are working our way through it?

Only a few months away....

Last edited by bigboi_baller : 04-01-2009 at 12:11 AM.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:08 AM   #2
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Default Re: Class of 2009

I'm done college in less than a month. lol

Well I might go back for a semester, but that's not a big difference in the long run.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:11 AM   #3
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

edited topic in light of hippos post
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:15 AM   #4
lilojmayo
TP23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
What colleges are you getting into? Where have you been rejected? Where are you going next year?

As a member of the high school class of 2008, I remember how exciting/stressful/life altering March was for a lot of us last year as we heard back from schools and such.

Use this thread to vent, celebrate, show-off, or tell stories of senior year (pranks?).

Only a few months away....

I've Been Accepted to:

University of Dayton ( Pretty much Full Schloraship)
Ohio State ( Full Schloraship) (OSU)
University of Southern California ( USC)

At the end of April I'm making a college visit all the way to USC, a fellow ISHer said he going to show me around town, ball together, even party together ( other girls) why not? lol
I would really have to like LA and USC for them to overtake OSU. UD i went on a college visit already i hated it.

Come on do you guys really want to hear stories lol, you guys would LMAO i would go and have to bring back gimmick lilojmayo for that.
lilojmayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:15 AM   #5
vapid
Paranoid Android

I graduate in July. I'm graduating with an Honors Bachelor's of Science in Economic and Economic History. I recently interviewed for a second round for Barclays Capital's investment banking M&A division and I hope to hear back favorably from them.

My advice is to not take any years for granted. When I was in my 2nd year, I wish I had studied harder my first year so I would've gotten a better internship at a bulge bracket that could have helped me solidify a full time offer in my third year. So for kids in american colleges, don't think Sophomore year or even Freshman year is an excuse to just party.
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:17 AM   #6
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

What does "party together (other girls) why not?" mean?

Oh, and do not take any year seriously. The chances of you ever having more than moderate financial success is slim so live life and have fun.

Unless you're Asian. Then you can feel as depressed as you want....and perhaps pull a VTech along the way.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:18 AM   #7
Gunnin4HoLeS
IsH Villain

Class of 07 here
Gunnin4HoLeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:21 AM   #8
vapid
Paranoid Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
What does "party together (other girls) why not?" mean?

Oh, and do not take any year seriously. The chances of you ever having more than moderate financial success is slim so live life and have fun.

Unless you're Asian. Then you can feel as depressed as you want....and perhaps pull a VTech along the way.
How's mediocrity treating you?
Old 04-01-2009, 12:22 AM   #9
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapid
How's mediocrity treating you?

Ask me how my dad's cheques are treating me first.

It's funny that you will never make more than I already have because of my daddy.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:23 AM   #10
NastaMaverick
College star

I got a waaaays to go. Class of '12, represent.
NastaMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:24 AM   #11
Fallguy20
Suck-A-Fish

Concord University in Athens WV has a spot for me (on the team too), but first im going to take 2 years (split up by a mission for my church) at a local Juco and get an associates before transfering. I would go straight to Concord, but I feel that it would be best to go to the smaller route seeing as how I only have time for one year of schooling before I leave that I spend it at a place where I can play and get extra experience so I wont have to ride pine as a freshman. Also, the coach suggested it, so im not exactly going to disagree.
Fallguy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:28 AM   #12
nbastatus
Doodle

im class of 09 and im going to pcc
nbastatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:29 AM   #13
vapid
Paranoid Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
Ask me how my dad's cheques are treating me first.

It's funny that you will never make more than I already have because of my daddy.
I'm sure that makes you feel good about yourself. Too bad you probably don't even know how to spend the money well, and I really doubt your dad's income is out of reach.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:37 AM   #14
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapid
I'm sure that makes you feel good about yourself. Too bad you probably don't even know how to spend the money well, and I really doubt your dad's income is out of reach.

Odds are it is actually. Not even joking now. If you want me to be serious than the chances of anyone, but maybe 2-3 people on this board ever making more is quite slim. Nothing to brag about. Just a fact.

I get a lot of help on how to use my money. Talks with our bankers. Talks at dinner. I love risk so the market is really interesting to me. It's the same reason I went to Vegas for the first time last year and was instantly making $200 bets. Took a miracle 4 figure win on the last night to break even....but $400 dollars overall, but hey I left unscathed. lol

If I wouldn't get my ass beat, I'd quite school right now with only a month to go. I don't give a **** about it. It's not for me. I'd rather learn on my own, but it's the degree that matters.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:38 AM   #15
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

class of 06 here.
Styles p is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: